CF Doc. gives negative survival rate for 9 yr. old,Do I get second opinion??

PlumPerfect

That is great that you are pusshing foward!!! Momma always knows best and if you keep making he inviroment better it can only increase her years.. Dr.'s aren't God and you know in your heart what you need to do. I feel also you know in your heart its not her time. I hope the tube replacement goes easy for you guys..

God Bless

PlumPerfect

That is great that you are pusshing foward!!! Momma always knows best and if you keep making he inviroment better it can only increase her years.. Dr.'s aren't God and you know in your heart what you need to do. I feel also you know in your heart its not her time. I hope the tube replacement goes easy for you guys..

God Bless

PlumPerfect

God Bless

PlumPerfect

God Bless

PlumPerfect

<br />
<br />God Bless
<br />

katlynnsmom

Hello,
Just to let you all know..the port replacement went well. Took a little over an hour and then she went to recovery for awhile. And went home the same day. She is doing good. Still a little sore..but up and around to her old self. Alot tougher than I would be...
And to reply to Nightwriter..I keep a small air puriferer in her room. Any advice is helpful...thanks.
Take care all!!
Nora

katlynnsmom

Hello,
Just to let you all know..the port replacement went well. Took a little over an hour and then she went to recovery for awhile. And went home the same day. She is doing good. Still a little sore..but up and around to her old self. Alot tougher than I would be...
And to reply to Nightwriter..I keep a small air puriferer in her room. Any advice is helpful...thanks.
Take care all!!
Nora

katlynnsmom

Hello,
Take care all!!
Nora

katlynnsmom

Hello,
Take care all!!
Nora

katlynnsmom

Hello,
<br /> Just to let you all know..the port replacement went well. Took a little over an hour and then she went to recovery for awhile. And went home the same day. She is doing good. Still a little sore..but up and around to her old self. Alot tougher than I would be...
<br /> And to reply to Nightwriter..I keep a small air puriferer in her room. Any advice is helpful...thanks.
<br /> Take care all!!
<br /> Nora

JORDYSMOM

Kids really are tough aren't they! I'm so glad to hear that everything went well. Thanks for the update.
<br />
<br />Stacey

katlynnsmom

Just to update Katlynn's progress...We went back to Birmingham..this time I was able to get a better outlook. I was able to talk to the Dr. without her in the room and better prepared. He said he thought she seemed to be doing better on the new med's . And did not feel she needed to stay for a tune-up. Wants her back in 5 weeks. I do feel like she needs to be treated more aggressive. With the new med's , but I will be the one to decide what she needs to hear....But as far as going back to the dr. she has seen for the past 8 years...the one that has not pushed the new med's or wanted to try her on something that is benefiting her now...to go from that point to telling another dr. and not me....he feels her sur. rate is 6 to 8 months...I have no interest in going back to him.If I can get a dr. that is going to want to try new things and be more aggressive. I will work with it...It will always be an uphill battle.
Take care all,
Nora

katlynnsmom

Just to update Katlynn's progress...We went back to Birmingham..this time I was able to get a better outlook. I was able to talk to the Dr. without her in the room and better prepared. He said he thought she seemed to be doing better on the new med's . And did not feel she needed to stay for a tune-up. Wants her back in 5 weeks. I do feel like she needs to be treated more aggressive. With the new med's , but I will be the one to decide what she needs to hear....But as far as going back to the dr. she has seen for the past 8 years...the one that has not pushed the new med's or wanted to try her on something that is benefiting her now...to go from that point to telling another dr. and not me....he feels her sur. rate is 6 to 8 months...I have no interest in going back to him.If I can get a dr. that is going to want to try new things and be more aggressive. I will work with it...It will always be an uphill battle.
Take care all,
Nora

katlynnsmom

Take care all,
Nora

katlynnsmom

Take care all,
Nora

katlynnsmom

<br /> Take care all,
<br /> Nora