CFers over 40

sunflower

<P></P>
<P></P>
<P>I am 41 yrs old DXs at 33yrs old PFT's should be 76% but have dropped to 59% in the last month. </P>
<P>( was dxs with Asthma at 5yrs old and was very sick at 18rys old and at 27yrs old things went terrible wrong when I came home from the Middle East and was house bound for two half years. I was told I had serve Asthma with ME Chronic Tirdeness...}</P>

sunflower

<P></P>
<P></P>
<P>I am 41 yrs old DXs at 33yrs old PFT's should be 76% but have dropped to 59% in the last month. </P>
<P>( was dxs with Asthma at 5yrs old and was very sick at 18rys old and at 27yrs old things went terrible wrong when I came home from the Middle East and was house bound for two half years. I was told I had serve Asthma with ME Chronic Tirdeness...}</P>

Marcy

Thank you so much for starting this thread. I often feel like the "aLone Ranger" down here in New Orleans. I dont hear of too many over 40 CFers, and I was feeling down about it lately and then came across all of your posts!! Thank you all for sharing, it is just what the doctor ordered, lol.
I was diagnosed at 33, now 41yrs. I have been married to my wonderful husband for 11 years and we adopted 4 amazing children (all siblings) 9 years ago, they are now 13, 14, 15 and 17.

Marcy

Thank you so much for starting this thread. I often feel like the "aLone Ranger" down here in New Orleans. I dont hear of too many over 40 CFers, and I was feeling down about it lately and then came across all of your posts!! Thank you all for sharing, it is just what the doctor ordered, lol.
I was diagnosed at 33, now 41yrs. I have been married to my wonderful husband for 11 years and we adopted 4 amazing children (all siblings) 9 years ago, they are now 13, 14, 15 and 17.

Marcy

<br />I was diagnosed at 33, now 41yrs. I have been married to my wonderful husband for 11 years and we adopted 4 amazing children (all siblings) 9 years ago, they are now 13, 14, 15 and 17.

rmotion

I was just in for a tune up and felt like the old guy at 41, here I feel like nothing but a whipper snapper. Go older CF's you give me hope.
I'm 41 doing ok around 50 FEV, i have celiac and cfrd both under control.
Recently taking a very proactive approach to health and feeling better. NO gluten, grains(minimum), sugar and minimum dairy. Avoiding these helps me feel better, less congested.
Going gluten free my digestion improved 85% to 95% - all CF's need to look at avoiding gluten.
Look at this article www.greenmedinfo.com " the dark side of wheat" - talks about CF a great deal!

rmotion

I was just in for a tune up and felt like the old guy at 41, here I feel like nothing but a whipper snapper. Go older CF's you give me hope.
I'm 41 doing ok around 50 FEV, i have celiac and cfrd both under control.
Recently taking a very proactive approach to health and feeling better. NO gluten, grains(minimum), sugar and minimum dairy. Avoiding these helps me feel better, less congested.
Going gluten free my digestion improved 85% to 95% - all CF's need to look at avoiding gluten.
Look at this article www.greenmedinfo.com " the dark side of wheat" - talks about CF a great deal!

rmotion

<br />I'm 41 doing ok around 50 FEV, i have celiac and cfrd both under control.
<br />Recently taking a very proactive approach to health and feeling better. NO gluten, grains(minimum), sugar and minimum dairy. Avoiding these helps me feel better, less congested.
<br />Going gluten free my digestion improved 85% to 95% - all CF's need to look at avoiding gluten.
<br />Look at this article www.greenmedinfo.com " the dark side of wheat" - talks about CF a great deal!
<br />

dream2live

<STRONG></STRONG>I'm 43 and was dx at 18 months old.  I just did my latest PFT's  They are below 30%.  I am going to UAB next month and talk about a transplant.  I don't know if I want to trade one problem for another.  I would really love to hear from ppl that have something good to say about a double lung transplant.

dream2live

<STRONG></STRONG>I'm 43 and was dx at 18 months old. I just did my latest PFT's They are below 30%. I am going to UAB next month and talk about a transplant. I don't know if I want to trade one problem for another. I would really love to hear from ppl that have something good to say about a double lung transplant.

dream2live

<STRONG></STRONG>I'm 43 and was dx at 18 months old. I just did my latest PFT's They are below 30%. I am going to UAB next month and talk about a transplant. I don't know if I want to trade one problem for another. I would really love to hear from ppl that have something good to say about a double lung transplant.<BR>

P

PeteRose

I am 50, diagnosed when I was 6 months. Youngest of 11 and the only one with CF.

P

PeteRose

I am 50, diagnosed when I was 6 months. Youngest of 11 and the only one with CF.

P

PeteRose

<br />

randmel89

I never realized so many older Cfers on here were diagnosed so late in life. I was diagnosed at 3months old and am 37yrs old but so many older than 40 was diagnosed in late teens and older kinda scary if you go by those diagnosed under age 10. I sure hope to live well into my 60's though... hmmm interesting. Thanks for asking this question has me thinking now...

randmel89

I never realized so many older Cfers on here were diagnosed so late in life. I was diagnosed at 3months old and am 37yrs old but so many older than 40 was diagnosed in late teens and older kinda scary if you go by those diagnosed under age 10. I sure hope to live well into my 60's though... hmmm interesting. Thanks for asking this question has me thinking now...

randmel89