CFers over 40

Cleanair

<BR>I am a 64 year (65 in Dec) old female diagnosed when I was 57 years old. Not by a doctor , by my daughter. She and her husband were starting a family and they do genetic testing as a rule now. She is a CF carrier and told me "Ma, that's why your always sick." i have the DeltaF508 and the R117H.

Rosie45

I was diagnosis at age 45 and now I'm 61.   I have done ok, but now my FEV1 has been dropping and as of yesterday is was at 30%.  I am going to Columbia in NYC for evaluation of transplant.<br> 

Rosie45

I was diagnosis at age 45 and now I'm 61. I have done ok, but now my FEV1 has been dropping and as of yesterday is was at 30%. I am going to Columbia in NYC for evaluation of transplant.<br>

Rosie45

<p>I was diagnosis at age 45 and now I'm 61. I have done ok, but now my FEV1 has been dropping and as of yesterday is was at 30%. I am going to Columbia in NYC for evaluation of transplant.<p><br>

rtorres25

I'm 46, diagnosed at 38. I'm sorry to say, I don't know what my FEV is. I have no pancreatic involvement only lifelong history of lung problems. Right middle lobe removed at 6 yrs of age. Multiple sweat tests as a child. All negative. 1st positive at 22, but Dr's didn't know what to make of that. After praying for a miracle cure, I had another positive test at 38 and started on breathing treatments, vest, etc. Feeling better than I ever did before diagnosis. Several rounds of IV antibiotics which are no fun, but they seem to work.

rtorres25

I'm 46, diagnosed at 38. I'm sorry to say, I don't know what my FEV is. I have no pancreatic involvement only lifelong history of lung problems. Right middle lobe removed at 6 yrs of age. Multiple sweat tests as a child. All negative. 1st positive at 22, but Dr's didn't know what to make of that. After praying for a miracle cure, I had another positive test at 38 and started on breathing treatments, vest, etc. Feeling better than I ever did before diagnosis. Several rounds of IV antibiotics which are no fun, but they seem to work.

rtorres25

StillFighting

Hi,

I will be 43 on October 1. I was diagnosed at age 35. My most recent FEV1 was at 63%. I am still working full time, but starting to have difficulties in keeping up with the pace. Uncertain as to how much longer I will be able to work full time.

Ana

StillFighting

Hi,

I will be 43 on October 1. I was diagnosed at age 35. My most recent FEV1 was at 63%. I am still working full time, but starting to have difficulties in keeping up with the pace. Uncertain as to how much longer I will be able to work full time.

Ana

StillFighting

Hi,
<br />
<br />I will be 43 on October 1. I was diagnosed at age 35. My most recent FEV1 was at 63%. I am still working full time, but starting to have difficulties in keeping up with the pace. Uncertain as to how much longer I will be able to work full time.
<br />
<br />Ana

Chrissyb

<P>hi my name is christina beal i have cf my pfts are 86 now they are always have been in the nintys i hope they get back up there it is all in gods h</P>
<P>hands  now god is good </P>

Chrissyb

<P>hi my name is christina beal i have cf my pfts are 86 now they are always have been in the nintys i hope they get back up there it is all in gods h</P>
<P>hands now god is good </P>

Chrissyb

<P>hands now god is good </P>

LMG453

Thank you all for sharing your stories. My husband is a letter carrier. He walks a lot. It's good for him, but can also be ver tiring. We will br looking into disability soon.

LMG453

Thank you all for sharing your stories. My husband is a letter carrier. He walks a lot. It's good for him, but can also be ver tiring. We will br looking into disability soon.

LMG453

imported_Momto2

I've worked as a marine bio researcher in Belize, in a biochem lab at MIT, taught bio at University, then trained horses/people and rode professionally. Now I am a stay at home mom and do a lot of volunteer stuff and write. I'm not on disability.