CFRD W/O fasting hyperglycemia

ktsmom

The doc is focused on classic CFRD, which he doesn't think she has, and I don't either, and I agree that the casual blood glucose was normal. If you think of the spectrum from normal to CFRD, there are other glucose tolerance disorders in the middle, and from what I'm reading doctors here in the US are not in agreement that those should even be treated. These disorders that are not quite the "classic" CFRD can only be picked up by an OGTT. They won't be picked up by fasting or casual blood glucose tests.

I'm still watching my kid closely and if I get concerned enough, don't worry, I'll demand that someone does something! Thanks everyone for your input.

ktsmom

The doc is focused on classic CFRD, which he doesn't think she has, and I don't either, and I agree that the casual blood glucose was normal. If you think of the spectrum from normal to CFRD, there are other glucose tolerance disorders in the middle, and from what I'm reading doctors here in the US are not in agreement that those should even be treated. These disorders that are not quite the "classic" CFRD can only be picked up by an OGTT. They won't be picked up by fasting or casual blood glucose tests.

I'm still watching my kid closely and if I get concerned enough, don't worry, I'll demand that someone does something! Thanks everyone for your input.

debs2girls

Dana, I really dont have any words of wisdom to offer you. I just wanted to let you know I am thinking of you and Katy, often...and praying that everything goes smoothly for you all.

There are some days Cheyenne wets enough to fill the Arkansas river and other days she could fill a baby bottle...I have also wondered about this same thing for her...on the days she wets non stop. Sometime I think I am borrowing trouble.

Keep us posted,

debs2girls

Dana, I really dont have any words of wisdom to offer you. I just wanted to let you know I am thinking of you and Katy, often...and praying that everything goes smoothly for you all.

There are some days Cheyenne wets enough to fill the Arkansas river and other days she could fill a baby bottle...I have also wondered about this same thing for her...on the days she wets non stop. Sometime I think I am borrowing trouble.

Keep us posted,

debs2girls

Keep us posted,

debs2girls

Keep us posted,

debs2girls

Keep us posted,

debs2girls

Keep us posted,