Cf's gaining weight while pregnant

charlotte1984

Hi all,
Just curious really to how much or how little is normal for a cf to gain during pregnancy.
I haven't gained anything and am 31 weeks have actually lost a bit - but have been really poorly including baby weight i'd imagine ive lost quite a bit.
I was just wondering about everyone else.

charlotte1984

Hi all,
Just curious really to how much or how little is normal for a cf to gain during pregnancy.
I haven't gained anything and am 31 weeks have actually lost a bit - but have been really poorly including baby weight i'd imagine ive lost quite a bit.

charlotte1984

Hi all,

charlotte1984

Hi all,

charlotte1984

Hi all,
<br />Just curious really to how much or how little is normal for a cf to gain during pregnancy.
<br />I haven't gained anything and am 31 weeks have actually lost a bit - but have been really poorly including baby weight i'd imagine ive lost quite a bit.
<br />I was just wondering about everyone else.

jenhum

I lost about 10 lbs in the 1st trimester and my OB really got on my case. I was just barely out of the underweight category before getting pregnant, so after I lost that weight she was just worried about my health. The baby has always been growing fine.

I talked with the nutritionist in the CF clinic a couple of times, and started tracking my food intake (I tracked it for about a month). I found out that if I can get 3,000 cals a day or more, I will start gaining weight. So I try to hit that every day, and if I don't I drink a milkshake with Scandishake powder at night. I also switched from 2% milk to whole milk, and I think that has helped. I drink a gallon every 3-4 days. I'm now up 3 lbs total, meaning I've gained 13 since the 1st trimester, and I'm 25 weeks, and I'm really happy with that. It's my goal to gain at least another 15 before I'm due.

jenhum

I lost about 10 lbs in the 1st trimester and my OB really got on my case. I was just barely out of the underweight category before getting pregnant, so after I lost that weight she was just worried about my health. The baby has always been growing fine.

I talked with the nutritionist in the CF clinic a couple of times, and started tracking my food intake (I tracked it for about a month). I found out that if I can get 3,000 cals a day or more, I will start gaining weight. So I try to hit that every day, and if I don't I drink a milkshake with Scandishake powder at night. I also switched from 2% milk to whole milk, and I think that has helped. I drink a gallon every 3-4 days. I'm now up 3 lbs total, meaning I've gained 13 since the 1st trimester, and I'm 25 weeks, and I'm really happy with that. It's my goal to gain at least another 15 before I'm due.

jenhum

jenhum

jenhum

<br />
<br />I talked with the nutritionist in the CF clinic a couple of times, and started tracking my food intake (I tracked it for about a month). I found out that if I can get 3,000 cals a day or more, I will start gaining weight. So I try to hit that every day, and if I don't I drink a milkshake with Scandishake powder at night. I also switched from 2% milk to whole milk, and I think that has helped. I drink a gallon every 3-4 days. I'm now up 3 lbs total, meaning I've gained 13 since the 1st trimester, and I'm 25 weeks, and I'm really happy with that. It's my goal to gain at least another 15 before I'm due.

S

semperfiohana

before i got pregnant i was 106 and right now i am 111-112 pounds. depending on what time of day i weigh myself (if i do it at night i can get a 115 outta the scale lol). i had really bad morning sickness in the beginning and lost weight i was down to 103 at one point. and i got my butt chewed for that, but when you can't keep anything down what can you do? i'd like to gain a little more before i deliver, but we will see how that goes. i'm 33 weeks now. but the baby has been growing fine, i've had monthly ultrasounds and now i'm starting to have weekly i think along with my none stress test. i have an ob appt tomorrow and they are supposed to be seeing how big he is, well the best they can estimate. good luck with gaining some weight before the little one comes! i know sometimes it just isn't easy!

S

semperfiohana

before i got pregnant i was 106 and right now i am 111-112 pounds. depending on what time of day i weigh myself (if i do it at night i can get a 115 outta the scale lol). i had really bad morning sickness in the beginning and lost weight i was down to 103 at one point. and i got my butt chewed for that, but when you can't keep anything down what can you do? i'd like to gain a little more before i deliver, but we will see how that goes. i'm 33 weeks now. but the baby has been growing fine, i've had monthly ultrasounds and now i'm starting to have weekly i think along with my none stress test. i have an ob appt tomorrow and they are supposed to be seeing how big he is, well the best they can estimate. good luck with gaining some weight before the little one comes! i know sometimes it just isn't easy!

S

semperfiohana

S

semperfiohana

S

semperfiohana

K

Keepercjr

Charlotte

I think your situation is a bit extreme and so I wouldn't compare your weight goals off of anyone here. It is probably taking every calorie you consume to keep your body going and to grow your baby. I'm not surprised you haven't gained any weight honestly.

I gained 18 lbs w/ Logan and lost 2 lbs at the end. As of last week I have gained 10 lbs. I didn't lose any in the first trimester like I did w/ Logan. I wish I had kept my weight w/ Logan (I deleted it) so I could compare where I'm at. My goal is 20 for the pregnancy. Normally when I'm not pregnant or nursing I watch what I eat because I don't have a problem gaining weight (pancreatic sufficient). I can already tell that I don't have as much room in there though because I am full after smaller portions than I've been eating lately. So I think my weight gain will slow down. (I gained most of the 10 in the last 3 months). I started the pregnancy at 130 and am now 140. I'm 5'5. So far so good IMO.

K

Keepercjr

Charlotte

I think your situation is a bit extreme and so I wouldn't compare your weight goals off of anyone here. It is probably taking every calorie you consume to keep your body going and to grow your baby. I'm not surprised you haven't gained any weight honestly.

I gained 18 lbs w/ Logan and lost 2 lbs at the end. As of last week I have gained 10 lbs. I didn't lose any in the first trimester like I did w/ Logan. I wish I had kept my weight w/ Logan (I deleted it) so I could compare where I'm at. My goal is 20 for the pregnancy. Normally when I'm not pregnant or nursing I watch what I eat because I don't have a problem gaining weight (pancreatic sufficient). I can already tell that I don't have as much room in there though because I am full after smaller portions than I've been eating lately. So I think my weight gain will slow down. (I gained most of the 10 in the last 3 months). I started the pregnancy at 130 and am now 140. I'm 5'5. So far so good IMO.

K

Keepercjr

Charlotte

K

Keepercjr

Charlotte

K

Keepercjr

Charlotte
<br />
<br />I think your situation is a bit extreme and so I wouldn't compare your weight goals off of anyone here. It is probably taking every calorie you consume to keep your body going and to grow your baby. I'm not surprised you haven't gained any weight honestly.
<br />
<br />I gained 18 lbs w/ Logan and lost 2 lbs at the end. As of last week I have gained 10 lbs. I didn't lose any in the first trimester like I did w/ Logan. I wish I had kept my weight w/ Logan (I deleted it) so I could compare where I'm at. My goal is 20 for the pregnancy. Normally when I'm not pregnant or nursing I watch what I eat because I don't have a problem gaining weight (pancreatic sufficient). I can already tell that I don't have as much room in there though because I am full after smaller portions than I've been eating lately. So I think my weight gain will slow down. (I gained most of the 10 in the last 3 months). I started the pregnancy at 130 and am now 140. I'm 5'5. So far so good IMO.