Cf's gaining weight while pregnant

JazzysMom

I gained under 18 pounds during my pregnancy & lost about 5 of that while in for a tune up before delivery.

My local OB office (nurses not doctor) was on my case, but doctor wasnt concerned because they baby was growing fine.

When I started losing weight is when the baby was growing like crazy......

My overall health was great & my daughter was doing fine. She was delivered 4 weeks early as a precaution due to my history of hemoptysis so she was a little smaller at 5 lbx 2.5 oz, but had I gone full term she would have been pretty average.

I know with CF moms they want us to have that extra to fall back on which would have really been a big help for me.

Good Luck

JazzysMom

I gained under 18 pounds during my pregnancy & lost about 5 of that while in for a tune up before delivery.

My local OB office (nurses not doctor) was on my case, but doctor wasnt concerned because they baby was growing fine.

My overall health was great & my daughter was doing fine. She was delivered 4 weeks early as a precaution due to my history of hemoptysis so she was a little smaller at 5 lbx 2.5 oz, but had I gone full term she would have been pretty average.

I know with CF moms they want us to have that extra to fall back on which would have really been a big help for me.

Good Luck

JazzysMom

Good Luck

JazzysMom

Good Luck

JazzysMom

<br />
<br />My local OB office (nurses not doctor) was on my case, but doctor wasnt concerned because they baby was growing fine.
<br />
<br />When I started losing weight is when the baby was growing like crazy......
<br />
<br />My overall health was great & my daughter was doing fine. She was delivered 4 weeks early as a precaution due to my history of hemoptysis so she was a little smaller at 5 lbx 2.5 oz, but had I gone full term she would have been pretty average.
<br />
<br />I know with CF moms they want us to have that extra to fall back on which would have really been a big help for me.
<br />
<br />Good Luck

Scarlett81

up until 30 wks I had only gained 7 lbs. i was eating as much as i could and doing weight shakes, ect. i had trouble keeping food down and trouble w my apetite bc i felt so full from baby pushing on my tummy.
my docs harassed me about it all the time and i stressed, until i finally accepted that i felt awesome, baby was estimated at gaining plenty of weight-so i wasn't going to stress about it. at birth i had gained 18 lbs or so.not alot, but plenty.
personally i wouldn't stress about it. eat healthy-don't fill up on the fatty artificial foods that they tell u to eat.
i think its better to eat a moderate amount of healthy proteins/dairy and veggies than to eat tons and tons of potato chips just bc they have tons of calories.
another tip i got was to focus on protein grams, instead of calories. i ate 100 grams of protein every day, and tried not to worry about cals. protein builds a healthy baby and builds up the uterus for labor and pushing.

Scarlett81

up until 30 wks I had only gained 7 lbs. i was eating as much as i could and doing weight shakes, ect. i had trouble keeping food down and trouble w my apetite bc i felt so full from baby pushing on my tummy.
my docs harassed me about it all the time and i stressed, until i finally accepted that i felt awesome, baby was estimated at gaining plenty of weight-so i wasn't going to stress about it. at birth i had gained 18 lbs or so.not alot, but plenty.
personally i wouldn't stress about it. eat healthy-don't fill up on the fatty artificial foods that they tell u to eat.
i think its better to eat a moderate amount of healthy proteins/dairy and veggies than to eat tons and tons of potato chips just bc they have tons of calories.
another tip i got was to focus on protein grams, instead of calories. i ate 100 grams of protein every day, and tried not to worry about cals. protein builds a healthy baby and builds up the uterus for labor and pushing.

Scarlett81

Scarlett81

Scarlett81

<br />my docs harassed me about it all the time and i stressed, until i finally accepted that i felt awesome, baby was estimated at gaining plenty of weight-so i wasn't going to stress about it. at birth i had gained 18 lbs or so.not alot, but plenty.
<br />personally i wouldn't stress about it. eat healthy-don't fill up on the fatty artificial foods that they tell u to eat.
<br />i think its better to eat a moderate amount of healthy proteins/dairy and veggies than to eat tons and tons of potato chips just bc they have tons of calories.
<br />another tip i got was to focus on protein grams, instead of calories. i ate 100 grams of protein every day, and tried not to worry about cals. protein builds a healthy baby and builds up the uterus for labor and pushing.