CHEST PT WHEN CHILD IS ILL

crickit715

what do you do about chest pt when your child has a stomach bug?? my daughter is miserable and i am afraid to put her in her vest....although she cant technically "throw up" because of her nissan...when i tried she started wretching. but i am afraid to go a couple of days without cpt. need some advice.......

crickit715

what do you do about chest pt when your child has a stomach bug?? my daughter is miserable and i am afraid to put her in her vest....although she cant technically "throw up" because of her nissan...when i tried she started wretching. but i am afraid to go a couple of days without cpt. need some advice.......

crickit715

crickit715

crickit715

izemmom

We've never skipped it. Emily has a particulary high tolerance for pain and discomfort, so we just charge ahead! LOL

COuld you do manual CPT for a day or so until she is feeling better? Give her a good thumping when she is in a comfortable position. It's easier to stop and give her a break when she needs it that way.

Hope she feels better soon!

izemmom

We've never skipped it. Emily has a particulary high tolerance for pain and discomfort, so we just charge ahead! LOL

COuld you do manual CPT for a day or so until she is feeling better? Give her a good thumping when she is in a comfortable position. It's easier to stop and give her a break when she needs it that way.

izemmom

izemmom

izemmom

<br />
<br />COuld you do manual CPT for a day or so until she is feeling better? Give her a good thumping when she is in a comfortable position. It's easier to stop and give her a break when she needs it that way.
<br />
<br />Hope she feels better soon!

hmw

We've done Emily's vest on days she's thrown up; just not immediately following vomiting or when we can tell she is really nauseous. It's easy to pause the vest if we need to (Emily is old enough to stop it herself for that matter.) She hasn't had one of those vicious throw-up-all-day kind of bugs in a very long time so I don't know how we'd handle that, but intermittent vomiting and cramping/diarrhea we've worked around w/o a problem.

hmw

We've done Emily's vest on days she's thrown up; just not immediately following vomiting or when we can tell she is really nauseous. It's easy to pause the vest if we need to (Emily is old enough to stop it herself for that matter.) She hasn't had one of those vicious throw-up-all-day kind of bugs in a very long time so I don't know how we'd handle that, but intermittent vomiting and cramping/diarrhea we've worked around w/o a problem.

hmw

hmw

hmw

M

Mommafirst

I think this is a call it based on the situation thing. There was one stomach bug that Alyssa had where we had to stop doing the vest and only use manual CPT. You know your kiddo, and if shaking is going to make her vomit, its not worth much of anything.

M

Mommafirst

I think this is a call it based on the situation thing. There was one stomach bug that Alyssa had where we had to stop doing the vest and only use manual CPT. You know your kiddo, and if shaking is going to make her vomit, its not worth much of anything.

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst