Ciproflaxacin

letsrockcfem

Hey guys,
Yesterday I was desensitized to oral Ciprofloxacin because I am allergic to it and my PFT's are down quite a bit. (I am allergice to everyting used to treat psuedo). I haven't been on cipro for a cool 15 years I would say, my old doc used to prescribe Levaquin orally for minor flair ups.

Well I took my morning dose today and after like 10 minutes became extremely nauseous and threw up three times. I had just cooked an awesome breakfast and could only eat half a piece of toast! Since then I am still just feeling pretty aweful and have only had half a banana and some pita bread. I need to eat cause my weight is the lowest it's been in some years and I feel tired and beat.

Have any of you experienced such a sweet side effect with Cipro? I have never reacted this way to any med IV or orally (expect for Biaxin=the devil).

Should I give it a try tonight and see what happens or call my doc asap.
Rock CF,
Em

letsrockcfem

Hey guys,
Yesterday I was desensitized to oral Ciprofloxacin because I am allergic to it and my PFT's are down quite a bit. (I am allergice to everyting used to treat psuedo). I haven't been on cipro for a cool 15 years I would say, my old doc used to prescribe Levaquin orally for minor flair ups.

Well I took my morning dose today and after like 10 minutes became extremely nauseous and threw up three times. I had just cooked an awesome breakfast and could only eat half a piece of toast! Since then I am still just feeling pretty aweful and have only had half a banana and some pita bread. I need to eat cause my weight is the lowest it's been in some years and I feel tired and beat.

Have any of you experienced such a sweet side effect with Cipro? I have never reacted this way to any med IV or orally (expect for Biaxin=the devil).

Rock CF,
Em

letsrockcfem

Hey guys,

Rock CF,
Em

letsrockcfem

Hey guys,

Rock CF,
Em

letsrockcfem

Hey guys,

Rock CF,
Em

Emily65Roses

Cipro doesn't make me throw up but it makes anything I eat go right through me. I literally might as well just put it directly in the toilet and flush it away.

Can they rx an anti-nausea med for you in addition to the Cipro?

Emily65Roses

Cipro doesn't make me throw up but it makes anything I eat go right through me. I literally might as well just put it directly in the toilet and flush it away.

Emily65Roses

Emily65Roses

Emily65Roses

barbc888

Hey Emily,

This might be a silly question, but did you eat before you took the Cipro? I've thrown up after taking Cipro, but that was because I didn't have food in my stomach. Sorry to hear you're having problems with it. And I agree, Biaxin is the devil -- it's awful!

barbc888

Hey Emily,

This might be a silly question, but did you eat before you took the Cipro? I've thrown up after taking Cipro, but that was because I didn't have food in my stomach. Sorry to hear you're having problems with it. And I agree, Biaxin is the devil -- it's awful!

barbc888

Hey Emily,

barbc888

Hey Emily,

barbc888

Hey Emily,

catboogie

i agree with barb, take it with food. it may decrease the effectiveness slightly, but my doctors have never thought the difference was significant.

feel better!

catboogie

i agree with barb, take it with food. it may decrease the effectiveness slightly, but my doctors have never thought the difference was significant.

feel better!

catboogie

feel better!

catboogie

feel better!

catboogie

feel better!