cleaning out?

W

wishfulmom

My daughter was first cleaned out or whatver it is called,of april 2008. The docs and her nurse said as long as you do what your supposed to do to take care of her,she wont need another cleaning out for a long time. Well, since march shes been on antibotics 4 times at 2 weeks dose each for night coughing and throwing up. So now when we go in June they are thinking about admitting her for 2 weeks like last time for another cleaning out. We do what were supposed to do but she cant get rid of night coughing or sometimes throwing up with it. Shes 6. Does anyone else go for a 2 week cleaning very often?

W

wishfulmom

My daughter was first cleaned out or whatver it is called,of april 2008. The docs and her nurse said as long as you do what your supposed to do to take care of her,she wont need another cleaning out for a long time. Well, since march shes been on antibotics 4 times at 2 weeks dose each for night coughing and throwing up. So now when we go in June they are thinking about admitting her for 2 weeks like last time for another cleaning out. We do what were supposed to do but she cant get rid of night coughing or sometimes throwing up with it. Shes 6. Does anyone else go for a 2 week cleaning very often?

W

wishfulmom

W

wishfulmom

W

wishfulmom

kbsonner

Does she have any problems with reflux? That could be a cause of the problems maybe. Seems like we go in for a "tune up" as they call it at our clinic/hospitl once a year. We may get out of it this year though since his numbers are better then ever. Hope this helps some.

kbsonner

Does she have any problems with reflux? That could be a cause of the problems maybe. Seems like we go in for a "tune up" as they call it at our clinic/hospitl once a year. We may get out of it this year though since his numbers are better then ever. Hope this helps some.

kbsonner

kbsonner

kbsonner

Jeana

It is very important to be compliant with your treatments, however, just because you are doing everything right, that doesn't mean that you won't have to go in for a long time. Two kids from the same family that both have the same mutations and do the exact same treatments can still see different results. One may do very well and the other may do poorly. I usually go in once a year and this year went in three times. There also may be other factors affecting your child. At this time of year, allergens could cause a lot of inflammation. I'm not sure about the throwing up though, unless your child is swallowing a lot of mucous and getting nauseated from that.

Jeana

It is very important to be compliant with your treatments, however, just because you are doing everything right, that doesn't mean that you won't have to go in for a long time. Two kids from the same family that both have the same mutations and do the exact same treatments can still see different results. One may do very well and the other may do poorly. I usually go in once a year and this year went in three times. There also may be other factors affecting your child. At this time of year, allergens could cause a lot of inflammation. I'm not sure about the throwing up though, unless your child is swallowing a lot of mucous and getting nauseated from that.

Jeana

Jeana

Jeana

saveferris2009

This sounds like me when I developed severe allergies when I was young.

I would cough so hard I would throw up and no CF meds were helping.

I'd suggest that you take a look at the Allergy section of my blog to make sure you're doing all to control the allergy situation. And I'd also go see an allergist ASAP (not your CF doc - they do not specialize in allergies and are often oblivious to allergies role in CF progression) to get treatment.

I'm convinced that my health would have been horrendous at this point in my life had I not taken aggressive treatment of my allergies. Take care.

saveferris2009

I'd suggest that you take a look at the Allergy section of my blog to make sure you're doing all to control the allergy situation. And I'd also go see an allergist ASAP (not your CF doc - they do not specialize in allergies and are often oblivious to allergies role in CF progression) to get treatment.

I'm convinced that my health would have been horrendous at this point in my life had I not taken aggressive treatment of my allergies. Take care.

saveferris2009

saveferris2009

saveferris2009

<br />
<br />I would cough so hard I would throw up and no CF meds were helping.
<br />
<br />I'd suggest that you take a look at the Allergy section of my blog to make sure you're doing all to control the allergy situation. And I'd also go see an allergist ASAP (not your CF doc - they do not specialize in allergies and are often oblivious to allergies role in CF progression) to get treatment.
<br />
<br />I'm convinced that my health would have been horrendous at this point in my life had I not taken aggressive treatment of my allergies. Take care.