College and CF?

RonnieSharpe

Sometimes taking a heavy college load can be a good thing cause you have no other choice than to set a strict schedule to adhere to that includes homework time and treatment time. Great thing is, you can overlap those two times together. If you're sitting there doing a treatment, you might as well study! I generally took 12-15 credit hours, until my very last semester in which I took 40 credit hours (including winter session) cause I just wanted to graduate. I had a low grade headache that semester ALL semester, but I was very good about my treatments cause I had a strict schedule that I couldn't stray from.

Ronnie

RonnieSharpe

Sometimes taking a heavy college load can be a good thing cause you have no other choice than to set a strict schedule to adhere to that includes homework time and treatment time. Great thing is, you can overlap those two times together. If you're sitting there doing a treatment, you might as well study! I generally took 12-15 credit hours, until my very last semester in which I took 40 credit hours (including winter session) cause I just wanted to graduate. I had a low grade headache that semester ALL semester, but I was very good about my treatments cause I had a strict schedule that I couldn't stray from.

Ronnie

RonnieSharpe

Ronnie

RonnieSharpe

Ronnie

RonnieSharpe

<br />
<br />Ronnie

Giggles

I guess it totally just depends on your health and what time constraints you have with all the treatments. I went to a 4 year college and graduated in 4 years but I also only did manual CPT at the time and did not need nebs.

Jennifer 37 with CF and CFRD

Giggles

I guess it totally just depends on your health and what time constraints you have with all the treatments. I went to a 4 year college and graduated in 4 years but I also only did manual CPT at the time and did not need nebs.

Giggles

Giggles

Giggles

<br />
<br />
<br />Jennifer 37 with CF and CFRD

LouLou

I graduated in 4 years so I think that was 4-5 classes a semester.

Will you be able to be a respiratory therapist and avoid all respiratory illnesses? I've heard of people with cf being resp. therapist's 20 years ago when they didn't worry about cross contamination as much. Most were either retired early or moved to desk jobs. Has anyone raised concern with you about this?

LouLou

Will you be able to be a respiratory therapist and avoid all respiratory illnesses? I've heard of people with cf being resp. therapist's 20 years ago when they didn't worry about cross contamination as much. Most were either retired early or moved to desk jobs. Has anyone raised concern with you about this?

LouLou

LouLou

LouLou

<br />
<br />Will you be able to be a respiratory therapist and avoid all respiratory illnesses? I've heard of people with cf being resp. therapist's 20 years ago when they didn't worry about cross contamination as much. Most were either retired early or moved to desk jobs. Has anyone raised concern with you about this?

B

bethylove

Like Jessica I also go to school online. I went to a university for a year and a half and found taking the minimum (12 Credits) was too much. I switched to online, and I love it.

Good Luck with school. I do hope it works out for you.

B

bethylove

Like Jessica I also go to school online. I went to a university for a year and a half and found taking the minimum (12 Credits) was too much. I switched to online, and I love it.

B

bethylove

B

bethylove

B

bethylove

<br />
<br />Good Luck with school. I do hope it works out for you.