Compact Nebulizer?

Nightwriter

Justsmurfin,

I wanted to buy the Aeroneb go, but many people who have say it is hard to sterilize, unlike the European version which is boilable. I also have an Omron ultrasonic that is similar, but I've never used it because the sterilizing seemed too hard. You cannot use alcohol because they told me it would rust. Omron said I could use hydrogen peroxide to run through the machine, but I don't know if it would be in contact long enoughto kill any bacteria.

How do you disinfect?

Nightwriter

Justsmurfin,

I wanted to buy the Aeroneb go, but many people who have say it is hard to sterilize, unlike the European version which is boilable. I also have an Omron ultrasonic that is similar, but I've never used it because the sterilizing seemed too hard. You cannot use alcohol because they told me it would rust. Omron said I could use hydrogen peroxide to run through the machine, but I don't know if it would be in contact long enoughto kill any bacteria.

How do you disinfect?

Nightwriter

Justsmurfin,

How do you disinfect?

Nightwriter

Justsmurfin,

How do you disinfect?

Nightwriter

Justsmurfin,
<br />
<br />I wanted to buy the Aeroneb go, but many people who have say it is hard to sterilize, unlike the European version which is boilable. I also have an Omron ultrasonic that is similar, but I've never used it because the sterilizing seemed too hard. You cannot use alcohol because they told me it would rust. Omron said I could use hydrogen peroxide to run through the machine, but I don't know if it would be in contact long enoughto kill any bacteria.
<br />
<br />How do you disinfect?

Nightwriter

Save Ferris,

I am loving your nastiness! Yum. Yum. BTW, the FDA DOES approve medical devices:

The DeVilbiss Pulmo Aide® compressor nebulizer has been providing effective aerosol treatments for more than thirty years. The DeVilbiss Pulmo Aide® compressor nebulizer is the only compressor approved for use with TOBI (tobramycin solution for inhalation).

You years as a pharmaceutical rep does make your pronoucements always sound right, even if they are not.

However, I am working, and alas do not have the time, to debate all your apples and oranges debates.

Simple. The ONLY thing that matters is that my last THREE companies have told me they will not pay for it. And yes, they point to FDA approval. They did pay for for a $10,000 machine that was FDA approved. But again off topic.

How about you lending each of $2000 so we can buy it? Because I can tell that deep down you are really a softy.

Nightwriter

Save Ferris,

I am loving your nastiness! Yum. Yum. BTW, the FDA DOES approve medical devices:

The DeVilbiss Pulmo Aide® compressor nebulizer has been providing effective aerosol treatments for more than thirty years. The DeVilbiss Pulmo Aide® compressor nebulizer is the only compressor approved for use with TOBI (tobramycin solution for inhalation).

You years as a pharmaceutical rep does make your pronoucements always sound right, even if they are not.

However, I am working, and alas do not have the time, to debate all your apples and oranges debates.

Simple. The ONLY thing that matters is that my last THREE companies have told me they will not pay for it. And yes, they point to FDA approval. They did pay for for a $10,000 machine that was FDA approved. But again off topic.

How about you lending each of $2000 so we can buy it? Because I can tell that deep down you are really a softy.

Nightwriter

Save Ferris,

Nightwriter

Save Ferris,

Nightwriter

Save Ferris,
<br />
<br />I am loving your nastiness! Yum. Yum. BTW, the FDA DOES approve medical devices:
<br />
<br />The DeVilbiss Pulmo Aide® compressor nebulizer has been providing effective aerosol treatments for more than thirty years. The DeVilbiss Pulmo Aide® compressor nebulizer is the only compressor approved for use with TOBI (tobramycin solution for inhalation).
<br />
<br />You years as a pharmaceutical rep does make your pronoucements always sound right, even if they are not.
<br />
<br />However, I am working, and alas do not have the time, to debate all your apples and oranges debates.
<br />
<br />Simple. The ONLY thing that matters is that my last THREE companies have told me they will not pay for it. And yes, they point to FDA approval. They did pay for for a $10,000 machine that was FDA approved. But again off topic.
<br />
<br />How about you lending each of $2000 so we can buy it? Because I can tell that deep down you are really a softy.
<br />
<br />

saveferris2009

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Nightwriter</b></i>

Save Ferris,

. BTW, the FDA DOES approve medical devices:

</end quote></div>

Ugh do you know why that is? Because when TOBI was brought to the market, the clinical trials done with TOBI were with DeVilbiss.

DeVilbiss was already FDA cleared and when TOBI was used in clinical trials, that was the compressor they chose.

It wasn't the other way around.

For example, aztreonam is being studied in clinical trials. The compressor they chose was the eFlow. This isn't to approve the eFlow with aztreonam, it's to approve aztreonam with a certain compressor.

So, as I've said 3 times now, medical devices don't go through trials with drugs. Drugs go through trials for use with certain devices.

The eFLow is cleared to be used in the US with any medication. Just like when the DeVilbiss received FDA clearance, it was cleared to be used with any medication.

What you quoted was bringing a drug to market, not bringing a device to market. They're very different processees and you're not understanding the differences.

Do yourself a favor and call the FDA, call PARI, call Novartis, call anyone to help explain this to you because clearly you're not understanding how this process works.

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>

</end quote></div>

Well, your statements are inaccurate and I will keep pointing out the inaccuracies. Your facts are blatantly incorrect, and it's much bigger than just an apples to oranges debate. The FDA will tell you the same. Call them.

As I have said here and as I say on my blog, you can get the eFlow for 100% free of charge if you use tobramcyin or colistin nebulized.

And why is the eFlow accessible in the US for these meds? Simple. Because in 2004, the FDA gave clearance for the device for use with any medication. Which is why no one's licenses are being pulled, docs are going to jail, and why it's legal to sell the device in the US.

Insurance companies are paying for it. Just because yours aren't, doesn't mean others aren't.

And yes, there are human studies with the eFlow.

saveferris2009

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Nightwriter</b></i>

Save Ferris,

</end quote></div>

Ugh do you know why that is? Because when TOBI was brought to the market, the clinical trials done with TOBI were with DeVilbiss.

DeVilbiss was already FDA cleared and when TOBI was used in clinical trials, that was the compressor they chose.

For example, aztreonam is being studied in clinical trials. The compressor they chose was the eFlow. This isn't to approve the eFlow with aztreonam, it's to approve aztreonam with a certain compressor.

So, as I've said 3 times now, medical devices don't go through trials with drugs. Drugs go through trials for use with certain devices.

The eFLow is cleared to be used in the US with any medication. Just like when the DeVilbiss received FDA clearance, it was cleared to be used with any medication.

What you quoted was bringing a drug to market, not bringing a device to market. They're very different processees and you're not understanding the differences.

Do yourself a favor and call the FDA, call PARI, call Novartis, call anyone to help explain this to you because clearly you're not understanding how this process works.

</end quote></div>

Well, your statements are inaccurate and I will keep pointing out the inaccuracies. Your facts are blatantly incorrect, and it's much bigger than just an apples to oranges debate. The FDA will tell you the same. Call them.

As I have said here and as I say on my blog, you can get the eFlow for 100% free of charge if you use tobramcyin or colistin nebulized.

And why is the eFlow accessible in the US for these meds? Simple. Because in 2004, the FDA gave clearance for the device for use with any medication. Which is why no one's licenses are being pulled, docs are going to jail, and why it's legal to sell the device in the US.

Insurance companies are paying for it. Just because yours aren't, doesn't mean others aren't.

saveferris2009

Save Ferris,

</end quote></div>

</end quote></div>

saveferris2009

Save Ferris,

</end quote>

</end quote>

saveferris2009

<br />
<br />Save Ferris,
<br />
<br />
<br />. BTW, the FDA DOES approve medical devices:
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />The DeVilbiss Pulmo Aide® compressor nebulizer has been providing effective aerosol treatments for more than thirty years. The DeVilbiss Pulmo Aide® compressor nebulizer is the only compressor approved for use with TOBI (tobramycin solution for inhalation).
<br />
<br />
<br /></end quote>
<br />
<br />
<br />Ugh do you know why that is? Because when TOBI was brought to the market, the clinical trials done with TOBI were with DeVilbiss.
<br />
<br />DeVilbiss was already FDA cleared and when TOBI was used in clinical trials, that was the compressor they chose.
<br />
<br />It wasn't the other way around.
<br />
<br />For example, aztreonam is being studied in clinical trials. The compressor they chose was the eFlow. This isn't to approve the eFlow with aztreonam, it's to approve aztreonam with a certain compressor.
<br />
<br />So, as I've said 3 times now, medical devices don't go through trials with drugs. Drugs go through trials for use with certain devices.
<br />
<br />The eFLow is cleared to be used in the US with any medication. Just like when the DeVilbiss received FDA clearance, it was cleared to be used with any medication.
<br />
<br />What you quoted was bringing a drug to market, not bringing a device to market. They're very different processees and you're not understanding the differences.
<br />
<br />Do yourself a favor and call the FDA, call PARI, call Novartis, call anyone to help explain this to you because clearly you're not understanding how this process works.
<br />
<br /><div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>
<br />
<br />However, I am working, and alas do not have the time, to debate all your apples and oranges debates.
<br />
<br /></end quote>
<br />
<br />Well, your statements are inaccurate and I will keep pointing out the inaccuracies. Your facts are blatantly incorrect, and it's much bigger than just an apples to oranges debate. The FDA will tell you the same. Call them.
<br />
<br />As I have said here and as I say on my blog, you can get the eFlow for 100% free of charge if you use tobramcyin or colistin nebulized.
<br />
<br />And why is the eFlow accessible in the US for these meds? Simple. Because in 2004, the FDA gave clearance for the device for use with any medication. Which is why no one's licenses are being pulled, docs are going to jail, and why it's legal to sell the device in the US.
<br />
<br />Insurance companies are paying for it. Just because yours aren't, doesn't mean others aren't.
<br />
<br />And yes, there are human studies with the eFlow.
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />

Nightwriter

Yum....Yum....Yum

You are always such a delight!

You are right. I am very uninformed. I am not a former pharmaceutical rep who has the truly deep understanding of everything. So pardon me, the ignoramous that I am, as I try to grasp all the concepts that you have laid out. With kindness and patience. You are a wonderful teacher.

Again, one might think as a former pharmaceutical rep you would understand the difference between approval and clearance. I can't imagine anyone but you would be interested in the difference? I have the info, If 3 other people are interested in me reproducing the FDA site here I will. But one quick google and it's all there for anyone who cares.

But lets make it simple. AGAIN! The eflow has not been FDA approved and most insurance companies will not pay for it nor will Medicare. Insurance companies always follow Medicare anyway. My personal insurance companies (and I can tell you I have had the absolute best) have the big ones like Cigna, Blue Cross etc.

No one is interested in long boring dissertations on FDA approval, which by the way the FDA calls drug coming to market approvals, not clearances. But again these apples and oranges facts will not make a person's doctor prescribe the eflow who is waiting for FDA approval or studies that involve 19 people.

The simple fact is had Atreonam which was tested using the e-flow been approved, the e-flow would have been approved for use. Rather than just cleared. Like it is now. And you know this. I don't understand the games.

Although Devillbiss is the only approved compressor for Tobi, some doctors feel other brands are adequate because the PSI is the same as the Pulmoaide. So same technology.

The eflow is a unique technology and has an entirely different delivery system. The FDA and some doctors fear a drug like an antibiotic in a device must be tested throroughly because the consequences can be grave.

Because there have not been any large-scale studies that meet the FDA's criteria, some dosages are even guessed at. I was talking to one pharmacy that said they have to guess at the dosage for hypertonic saline.

So while answering your posts is always fun, misinformation can harm people.

I don't have to tell anyone here that they can't get the eflow unless their doctors prescribe it and that most insurance companies will not pay for it unless --they are on an inhaled antibiotic every other month. Then with your doctor's approval you can get it for free anyway. But it must return it once off the antibiotic.

Or you ask the pharmacies. Again, Saving Ferris, please lend us the $2000 we each need to get the eflow you want us to have!

Nightwriter

Yum....Yum....Yum

You are right. I am very uninformed. I am not a former pharmaceutical rep who has the truly deep understanding of everything. So pardon me, the ignoramous that I am, as I try to grasp all the concepts that you have laid out. With kindness and patience. You are a wonderful teacher.

Again, one might think as a former pharmaceutical rep you would understand the difference between approval and clearance. I can't imagine anyone but you would be interested in the difference? I have the info, If 3 other people are interested in me reproducing the FDA site here I will. But one quick google and it's all there for anyone who cares.

But lets make it simple. AGAIN! The eflow has not been FDA approved and most insurance companies will not pay for it nor will Medicare. Insurance companies always follow Medicare anyway. My personal insurance companies (and I can tell you I have had the absolute best) have the big ones like Cigna, Blue Cross etc.

No one is interested in long boring dissertations on FDA approval, which by the way the FDA calls drug coming to market approvals, not clearances. But again these apples and oranges facts will not make a person's doctor prescribe the eflow who is waiting for FDA approval or studies that involve 19 people.

The simple fact is had Atreonam which was tested using the e-flow been approved, the e-flow would have been approved for use. Rather than just cleared. Like it is now. And you know this. I don't understand the games.

Although Devillbiss is the only approved compressor for Tobi, some doctors feel other brands are adequate because the PSI is the same as the Pulmoaide. So same technology.

The eflow is a unique technology and has an entirely different delivery system. The FDA and some doctors fear a drug like an antibiotic in a device must be tested throroughly because the consequences can be grave.

Because there have not been any large-scale studies that meet the FDA's criteria, some dosages are even guessed at. I was talking to one pharmacy that said they have to guess at the dosage for hypertonic saline.

I don't have to tell anyone here that they can't get the eflow unless their doctors prescribe it and that most insurance companies will not pay for it unless --they are on an inhaled antibiotic every other month. Then with your doctor's approval you can get it for free anyway. But it must return it once off the antibiotic.

Or you ask the pharmacies. Again, Saving Ferris, please lend us the $2000 we each need to get the eflow you want us to have!

Nightwriter

Yum....Yum....Yum

Nightwriter

Yum....Yum....Yum

Nightwriter

Yum....Yum....Yum
<br />
<br />You are always such a delight!
<br />
<br />You are right. I am very uninformed. I am not a former pharmaceutical rep who has the truly deep understanding of everything. So pardon me, the ignoramous that I am, as I try to grasp all the concepts that you have laid out. With kindness and patience. You are a wonderful teacher.
<br />
<br />Again, one might think as a former pharmaceutical rep you would understand the difference between approval and clearance. I can't imagine anyone but you would be interested in the difference? I have the info, If 3 other people are interested in me reproducing the FDA site here I will. But one quick google and it's all there for anyone who cares.
<br />
<br />But lets make it simple. AGAIN! The eflow has not been FDA approved and most insurance companies will not pay for it nor will Medicare. Insurance companies always follow Medicare anyway. My personal insurance companies (and I can tell you I have had the absolute best) have the big ones like Cigna, Blue Cross etc.
<br />
<br />No one is interested in long boring dissertations on FDA approval, which by the way the FDA calls drug coming to market approvals, not clearances. But again these apples and oranges facts will not make a person's doctor prescribe the eflow who is waiting for FDA approval or studies that involve 19 people.
<br />
<br />The simple fact is had Atreonam which was tested using the e-flow been approved, the e-flow would have been approved for use. Rather than just cleared. Like it is now. And you know this. I don't understand the games.
<br />
<br />Although Devillbiss is the only approved compressor for Tobi, some doctors feel other brands are adequate because the PSI is the same as the Pulmoaide. So same technology.
<br />
<br />The eflow is a unique technology and has an entirely different delivery system. The FDA and some doctors fear a drug like an antibiotic in a device must be tested throroughly because the consequences can be grave.
<br />
<br />Because there have not been any large-scale studies that meet the FDA's criteria, some dosages are even guessed at. I was talking to one pharmacy that said they have to guess at the dosage for hypertonic saline.
<br />
<br />So while answering your posts is always fun, misinformation can harm people.
<br />
<br />I don't have to tell anyone here that they can't get the eflow unless their doctors prescribe it and that most insurance companies will not pay for it unless --they are on an inhaled antibiotic every other month. Then with your doctor's approval you can get it for free anyway. But it must return it once off the antibiotic.
<br />
<br />Or you ask the pharmacies. Again, Saving Ferris, please lend us the $2000 we each need to get the eflow you want us to have!
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />