Considering Disability

Lamp

ha ha thanks!
Ummm....Our CF center in Phoenix has no SW. Pathetic huh? So I've been going through all the drugs companies I can trying to get assistance. I keep getting denied though since we are not considered poverty and living in a cardboard box. But give it a few months and we will be! lol (gotta have a sense of humor when dealing with this kinda crap or you'll go insane!!) I still have a couple more that I'm waiting to hear from. Has anyone ever heard of someone getting help from "reach for the stars" foundation? They want a ridiculous amount of proof of cf expenses but they are in place for Cf'ers.

Lamp

ha ha thanks!
Ummm....Our CF center in Phoenix has no SW. Pathetic huh? So I've been going through all the drugs companies I can trying to get assistance. I keep getting denied though since we are not considered poverty and living in a cardboard box. But give it a few months and we will be! lol (gotta have a sense of humor when dealing with this kinda crap or you'll go insane!!) I still have a couple more that I'm waiting to hear from. Has anyone ever heard of someone getting help from "reach for the stars" foundation? They want a ridiculous amount of proof of cf expenses but they are in place for Cf'ers.

Lamp

ha ha thanks!

Lamp

ha ha thanks!

Lamp

ha ha thanks!
<br />Ummm....Our CF center in Phoenix has no SW. Pathetic huh? So I've been going through all the drugs companies I can trying to get assistance. I keep getting denied though since we are not considered poverty and living in a cardboard box. But give it a few months and we will be! lol (gotta have a sense of humor when dealing with this kinda crap or you'll go insane!!) I still have a couple more that I'm waiting to hear from. Has anyone ever heard of someone getting help from "reach for the stars" foundation? They want a ridiculous amount of proof of cf expenses but they are in place for Cf'ers.

Lamp

Can I just say that I think you guys are great. Thanks for helping me figure this all out. When it comes to stuff like this, I'm not always the sharpest knife in the drawer! lol. Also to the SW comment i made about not having one in Phoenix, I still don't. But I have been talking to my old one in Omaha where I used to live. (my comments contradicted each other and we can't have that! =)

Lamp

Can I just say that I think you guys are great. Thanks for helping me figure this all out. When it comes to stuff like this, I'm not always the sharpest knife in the drawer! lol. Also to the SW comment i made about not having one in Phoenix, I still don't. But I have been talking to my old one in Omaha where I used to live. (my comments contradicted each other and we can't have that! =)

Lamp

Lamp

Lamp

kdmr1220

I APPLIED IN APRIL AND GOT APPROVED IN JUNE BUT DIDNT GET MY FIRST CHECK UNTIL AUGUST. I HAVE TWO KIDS AND IT WAS TOUGH STRETCHING THE MONEY I HAD SAVED. NOONE TOLD ME YOU HAD TO WAIT 6 MONTHS FROM THE DATE THEY FIND YOU ELIGABLE TO GET YOUR FIRST CHECK. THANKFULLY SS WENT BACK TO JANUARY MY FIRST OF THREE HOSPITALIZATIONS THIS YEAR.

kdmr1220

I APPLIED IN APRIL AND GOT APPROVED IN JUNE BUT DIDNT GET MY FIRST CHECK UNTIL AUGUST. I HAVE TWO KIDS AND IT WAS TOUGH STRETCHING THE MONEY I HAD SAVED. NOONE TOLD ME YOU HAD TO WAIT 6 MONTHS FROM THE DATE THEY FIND YOU ELIGABLE TO GET YOUR FIRST CHECK. THANKFULLY SS WENT BACK TO JANUARY MY FIRST OF THREE HOSPITALIZATIONS THIS YEAR.

kdmr1220

kdmr1220

kdmr1220

Transplantmommy

Lamp,
The transplant has completely changed my life around! My numbers in my blood are much better (from the liver transplant) and my FEV1 has gone from 15% pre-transplant to 94% now! My O2 sats used to be low 90's with 3-5 liters oxygen and now they are 100% without oxygen. I don't get out of breath unless I am literally chasing my son around for like 5 mins or more. I can take a few flights of stairs with no problems and it's great!! I used to cough like crazy 24/7 and now only cough if I have a dry throat or something. No more bringing up that crappy stuff and no more breathing treatments. It's awesome!

Transplantmommy

Lamp,
The transplant has completely changed my life around! My numbers in my blood are much better (from the liver transplant) and my FEV1 has gone from 15% pre-transplant to 94% now! My O2 sats used to be low 90's with 3-5 liters oxygen and now they are 100% without oxygen. I don't get out of breath unless I am literally chasing my son around for like 5 mins or more. I can take a few flights of stairs with no problems and it's great!! I used to cough like crazy 24/7 and now only cough if I have a dry throat or something. No more bringing up that crappy stuff and no more breathing treatments. It's awesome!

Transplantmommy

Lamp,

Transplantmommy

Lamp,

Transplantmommy

Lamp,
<br />The transplant has completely changed my life around! My numbers in my blood are much better (from the liver transplant) and my FEV1 has gone from 15% pre-transplant to 94% now! My O2 sats used to be low 90's with 3-5 liters oxygen and now they are 100% without oxygen. I don't get out of breath unless I am literally chasing my son around for like 5 mins or more. I can take a few flights of stairs with no problems and it's great!! I used to cough like crazy 24/7 and now only cough if I have a dry throat or something. No more bringing up that crappy stuff and no more breathing treatments. It's awesome!