Constipation, nausea and dizzyness

mbonnette

Hi, I'm the mother of a 20 year old female w/CF. She came to me this morning complaining she has been having a hard time moving her bowels since Monday. Now, for the past two days she has been nauseous and vomiting and has belly pain. She was in the hospital @ the end of December for a "clean out" or "tune up". The second day home she complained of dizzyness first thing in the morning when she was taking a shower but felt better after eating her breakfast. I told her to call her CF doctor but she wants to try to take mineral oil 1st for a couple of days. I also asked her if she may be pregnant. I know she is on the pill. I'm curious if anyone has had these same symptoms. If they are "normal" for people w/CF. She has always been considered as having a "mild" case of CF but I know it gets worse as they grow older. Just worried about her and don't know if I should push her to call the doctor.
Thanks,
Marie

mbonnette

Hi, I'm the mother of a 20 year old female w/CF. She came to me this morning complaining she has been having a hard time moving her bowels since Monday. Now, for the past two days she has been nauseous and vomiting and has belly pain. She was in the hospital @ the end of December for a "clean out" or "tune up". The second day home she complained of dizzyness first thing in the morning when she was taking a shower but felt better after eating her breakfast. I told her to call her CF doctor but she wants to try to take mineral oil 1st for a couple of days. I also asked her if she may be pregnant. I know she is on the pill. I'm curious if anyone has had these same symptoms. If they are "normal" for people w/CF. She has always been considered as having a "mild" case of CF but I know it gets worse as they grow older. Just worried about her and don't know if I should push her to call the doctor.
Thanks,
Marie

mbonnette

Thanks,
Marie

mbonnette

Thanks,
Marie

mbonnette

<br />Thanks,
<br />Marie

JenDiS

I was thinking of a possibility of pregnancy but I know that when I get constipated I become nauseaus, but not dizzy. I would have her call her doctor. Is she using any type of stool softner or laxative? This may be a good time to use it. If I dont use a stool softner daily I get bound up and it really hurts. I also have mild CF im 21 years old.

JenDiS

I was thinking of a possibility of pregnancy but I know that when I get constipated I become nauseaus, but not dizzy. I would have her call her doctor. Is she using any type of stool softner or laxative? This may be a good time to use it. If I dont use a stool softner daily I get bound up and it really hurts. I also have mild CF im 21 years old.

JenDiS

JenDiS

JenDiS

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
DS had these symptoms when he was obstructed. We TRIED using milk of magnesia to get things moving again.

In his case the vomiting started first -- he'd been stooling fine. But then he stopped stooling. Thought it was a stomach bug. Was drinking and eating fine. But then he indicated his stomach hurt, so we took him to the doctor -- initially they thought it was his appendix. They hooked him up to an iV because he'd become dehydrated from vomiting.

If she can't get things moving -- pooping -- may want to consider taking her in for some tests -- ultrasound, xray...

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
DS had these symptoms when he was obstructed. We TRIED using milk of magnesia to get things moving again.

In his case the vomiting started first -- he'd been stooling fine. But then he stopped stooling. Thought it was a stomach bug. Was drinking and eating fine. But then he indicated his stomach hurt, so we took him to the doctor -- initially they thought it was his appendix. They hooked him up to an iV because he'd become dehydrated from vomiting.

If she can't get things moving -- pooping -- may want to consider taking her in for some tests -- ultrasound, xray...

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />In his case the vomiting started first -- he'd been stooling fine. But then he stopped stooling. Thought it was a stomach bug. Was drinking and eating fine. But then he indicated his stomach hurt, so we took him to the doctor -- initially they thought it was his appendix. They hooked him up to an iV because he'd become dehydrated from vomiting.
<br />
<br />If she can't get things moving -- pooping -- may want to consider taking her in for some tests -- ultrasound, xray...

C

CFinCalifornia

Only severe constipation (usually from medication, like iron supplements) has caused me to vomit in recent years (I'm a 25 year old female). For me a little dizzyness came with the nausea; I was often nauseous for several days before the vomiting started. When this happened to me last year, my docs did a scan of my abdomen and found no serious blockage and put me on GoLytely. I now use Miralax anytime I risk stopping up.

C

CFinCalifornia

Only severe constipation (usually from medication, like iron supplements) has caused me to vomit in recent years (I'm a 25 year old female). For me a little dizzyness came with the nausea; I was often nauseous for several days before the vomiting started. When this happened to me last year, my docs did a scan of my abdomen and found no serious blockage and put me on GoLytely. I now use Miralax anytime I risk stopping up.

C

CFinCalifornia

C

CFinCalifornia

C

CFinCalifornia