Coughing and

oneson

Hi Bittyhorse23,

Just read your query, I didn't see anyone mention a possible urinary tract infection. You should see your regular doctor, have them do a urine culture. It could be totally unrelated to your cf. And you're right, 27 is much too young for depends!! Feel better...

oneson

Hi Bittyhorse23,

Just read your query, I didn't see anyone mention a possible urinary tract infection. You should see your regular doctor, have them do a urine culture. It could be totally unrelated to your cf. And you're right, 27 is much too young for depends!! Feel better...

oneson

Hi Bittyhorse23,

oneson

Hi Bittyhorse23,

oneson

Hi Bittyhorse23,

Diane

When i saw this post i knew it would be right up my alley....lol
I never really had much problems with coughing till after i got cepacia. I started to have a more frequent and harder cough which led to exactly what you are describing. Well last year i was food shopping and had a coughing attack come on suddenly ,so i put the cart aside and left the store fully intending to go back and finish my shopping after i coughed it all out in my car. Well that didnt happen as i planned, because walking and coughing continuously caused me to actually pee myself. I almost couldnt believe it ,but lets face it after years of coughing and coughing, we are wearing our pelvic muscles down. I've tried the kegel exercises and they do help a lot TILL i get sick and have a wicked cough, then i am forced to use poise panty liners ( for bladder leaks). I have often wondered if males with cf have this problem..................

Diane

I never really had much problems with coughing till after i got cepacia. I started to have a more frequent and harder cough which led to exactly what you are describing. Well last year i was food shopping and had a coughing attack come on suddenly ,so i put the cart aside and left the store fully intending to go back and finish my shopping after i coughed it all out in my car. Well that didnt happen as i planned, because walking and coughing continuously caused me to actually pee myself. I almost couldnt believe it ,but lets face it after years of coughing and coughing, we are wearing our pelvic muscles down. I've tried the kegel exercises and they do help a lot TILL i get sick and have a wicked cough, then i am forced to use poise panty liners ( for bladder leaks). I have often wondered if males with cf have this problem..................

Diane

Diane

Diane

ALecointre

Don't feel bad. I am right there with you! lol
I believe it's called incontinence or something like that. And a lot of CFers have it.

ALecointre

I believe it's called incontinence or something like that. And a lot of CFers have it.

ALecointre

ALecointre

ALecointre

JazzysMom

I havent paid attention to any triggers, but I have both sides of this.

When I am at my worst I just pee right thru my pants. Other times I can hold it so much that I was told to empty my bladder a bit for a sonogram one time. That didnt phase me.

I think much depends on whats happening with our bodies!

Either way you are NOT alone!

JazzysMom

When I am at my worst I just pee right thru my pants. Other times I can hold it so much that I was told to empty my bladder a bit for a sonogram one time. That didnt phase me.

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

JazzysMom