Coughing Fits

jfarel

I've had terrible coughing fits the last couple days. I've been sick and there is so much junk in my chest that when I start coughing I lose my breath. I feel like I'm really going to hurt myself.

Ironically, I have had worse coughing spells in the past, but with the current state of my lungs I just can't cough hard more than 3 or 4 times in a row without losing my breath and sending my heart rate to the max. Anyone have suggestions? Huffing has never really worked for me.

i'll be checking in with my doctor tomorrow and hopefully they will put me back on IV's. I just can't take it anymore. He wanted me to try to beat this stuff w/out IV's since I just stopped them about 3 weeks ago. I don't think its going to happen. I'm trying to be optimistic, but I've been sick since Dec. 24.

Do you guys think I should try and tough this thing out like the doctor wants, or should I try and get back on IV's. I feel like I had a virus which is gone but my lungs are really junky now and I can tell my lung function has taken a significant hit. I can't inhale in abx or that would probably help. All I can do is the vest, pulmozyme and h.saline.

jfarel

I've had terrible coughing fits the last couple days. I've been sick and there is so much junk in my chest that when I start coughing I lose my breath. I feel like I'm really going to hurt myself.

Ironically, I have had worse coughing spells in the past, but with the current state of my lungs I just can't cough hard more than 3 or 4 times in a row without losing my breath and sending my heart rate to the max. Anyone have suggestions? Huffing has never really worked for me.

i'll be checking in with my doctor tomorrow and hopefully they will put me back on IV's. I just can't take it anymore. He wanted me to try to beat this stuff w/out IV's since I just stopped them about 3 weeks ago. I don't think its going to happen. I'm trying to be optimistic, but I've been sick since Dec. 24.

Do you guys think I should try and tough this thing out like the doctor wants, or should I try and get back on IV's. I feel like I had a virus which is gone but my lungs are really junky now and I can tell my lung function has taken a significant hit. I can't inhale in abx or that would probably help. All I can do is the vest, pulmozyme and h.saline.

jfarel

jfarel

jfarel

jamie6girl

Poor thing. I know how you feel. That is a horrible thing to go through. I don't have much advice, other than keep doing what youare doing. Have you tried any mucinex to help loosen all that gunk up? What about a lot of hot tea? Get some of that stuff moving real good before you breathe your HSaline. I hope it gets better for you.

jamie6girl

Poor thing. I know how you feel. That is a horrible thing to go through. I don't have much advice, other than keep doing what youare doing. Have you tried any mucinex to help loosen all that gunk up? What about a lot of hot tea? Get some of that stuff moving real good before you breathe your HSaline. I hope it gets better for you.

jamie6girl

jamie6girl

jamie6girl

Vany

I know how you feel ive been having really bad coughing spells as well.
I cough so much i eventually throw up.
Ive even had Hernia surgery from coughing so much.
When i get coughing spells my grandma usually gives me a spoon of honey and lemon to soothe my throat . Also putting Vicks on your chest ,back and feet sometimes helps as well.
Hot Tea helps too.
Hope you get to feeling better , keep doing your meds like your suppose too !

Vany

When i get coughing spells my grandma usually gives me a spoon of honey and lemon to soothe my throat . Also putting Vicks on your chest ,back and feet sometimes helps as well.
Hot Tea helps too.

Vany

Hot Tea helps too.

Vany

Hot Tea helps too.

Vany

Hot Tea helps too.

jfarel

Thanks Jamie! I actually found a website on Controlled coughing. I guess I had kind of forgetten about it. I don't know if it will work with the vest though because when you are really congested sometimes its hard to control the coughing, it just gets out of hand.

jfarel

Thanks Jamie! I actually found a website on Controlled coughing. I guess I had kind of forgetten about it. I don't know if it will work with the vest though because when you are really congested sometimes its hard to control the coughing, it just gets out of hand.

jfarel

jfarel

jfarel