Cystic Fibrosis is a Business!!!!!!!!

imanov

You can call me whatever you want, I absolutely do not care. Correct my English, I am not American or British. I believe in what I say! Those who say that they did not have symptoms of CF until sometime, they just did not treat another illness and that brought them to this situation. It is insane to give 7 months baby intervenal antibiotics for 14 days! This child will be open to all bacterias to the end of his/her life. I am not trying to prove you anything, I just want you to stop lying yourself.

To that guy who wrote that I only care about money: I am ready to do anything for my child, but not that stupid treatment that doctors prescribe. I was not speaking about daily expenses of CF diagnosed people. First expenses are enough: Imagine how many suspicions there are and all of them are being genetically tested, each person approximately for $4000-5000.

Listen, this world is not only medicines, antibiotics etc. and we have put garlics all around the bed of my child, put a lot of salt (which contains iodium), slowly stopped kreons which we don't give at all now, refused from very strong antibiotics and the child is ok now. I will not write more not to annoy you all, but please also read the links below.

I wish each of you to get healthy very very soon and be strong!

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.pulmonologychannel.com/cf/diagnosis.shtml
">http://www.pulmonologychannel....diagnosis.shtml
</a>

"About 10% to 15% of all positive sweat tests are false positives, meaning that even though the test results suggest that the patient has CF, they do not in fact have the disease. There are many conditions not related to CF that can cause false positive sweat test results. All positive tests should be repeated, usually the next day, and/or patients should be genetically screened."

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.clsi.org/source/orders/free/c34-a3.pdf
">http://www.clsi.org/source/ord...free/c34-a3.pdf
</a>

"The sweat test has been reported to have unacceptably high false-positive (up to 15%) and false-negative (up to 12%) rates attributable to inaccurate methodology, technical error, and patient physiology"

and the most important moment:

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.cysticfibrosis.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=902&threadid=48942
">http://www.cysticfibrosis.com/...&threadid=48942
</a>

"False positives are rare, but do happen and is normally caused by the nurse or tech doing the test not doing it correctly. There are some medical reasons you can get a positive sweat test result, yet not have CF, but many of them are fairly uncommon diseases/syndromes and their symptoms aren't consistent with CF. Here is a list of the diseases and syndromes that I found online a few years ago:
"Adrenal insufficiency, anorexia nervosa, atopic dermatitis, autonomic dysfunction, coeliac disease, ectodermal dysplasia, familial cholestasis (Byler's disease), fucosidosis, G6PD deficiency, glycogen storage disease type 1, hypogammaglobulinemia, hypoparathyroidism, hypothyroidism, Klinefelter's syndrome, malnutrition, mucopolysaccharidosis type 1, nephrogenic diabetes insipidus, nephrosis, pseudohypoaldosteronism, psychosocial problems (Rosenstein & Cutting, 1998, Duddy et al, 1987)"."

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.alrc.gov.au/publications/23-genetic-counselling-and-medical-education/access-medical-genetic-testing-and-counsel">http://www.alrc.gov.au/publica...ic-testing-and-counsel</a>

imanov

You can call me whatever you want, I absolutely do not care. Correct my English, I am not American or British. I believe in what I say! Those who say that they did not have symptoms of CF until sometime, they just did not treat another illness and that brought them to this situation. It is insane to give 7 months baby intervenal antibiotics for 14 days! This child will be open to all bacterias to the end of his/her life. I am not trying to prove you anything, I just want you to stop lying yourself.
<br />
<br />To that guy who wrote that I only care about money: I am ready to do anything for my child, but not that stupid treatment that doctors prescribe. I was not speaking about daily expenses of CF diagnosed people. First expenses are enough: Imagine how many suspicions there are and all of them are being genetically tested, each person approximately for $4000-5000.
<br />
<br />Listen, this world is not only medicines, antibiotics etc. and we have put garlics all around the bed of my child, put a lot of salt (which contains iodium), slowly stopped kreons which we don't give at all now, refused from very strong antibiotics and the child is ok now. I will not write more not to annoy you all, but please also read the links below.
<br />
<br />I wish each of you to get healthy very very soon and be strong!
<br />
<br />
<br /><a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.pulmonologychannel.com/cf/diagnosis.shtml
<br />">http://www.pulmonologychannel....diagnosis.shtml
<br /></a>
<br />
<br />"About 10% to 15% of all positive sweat tests are false positives, meaning that even though the test results suggest that the patient has CF, they do not in fact have the disease. There are many conditions not related to CF that can cause false positive sweat test results. All positive tests should be repeated, usually the next day, and/or patients should be genetically screened."
<br />
<br /><a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.clsi.org/source/orders/free/c34-a3.pdf
<br />">http://www.clsi.org/source/ord...free/c34-a3.pdf
<br /></a>
<br />
<br />"The sweat test has been reported to have unacceptably high false-positive (up to 15%) and false-negative (up to 12%) rates attributable to inaccurate methodology, technical error, and patient physiology"
<br />
<br />and the most important moment:
<br />
<br /><a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.cysticfibrosis.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=902&threadid=48942
<br />">http://www.cysticfibrosis.com/...&threadid=48942
<br /></a>
<br />
<br />"False positives are rare, but do happen and is normally caused by the nurse or tech doing the test not doing it correctly. There are some medical reasons you can get a positive sweat test result, yet not have CF, but many of them are fairly uncommon diseases/syndromes and their symptoms aren't consistent with CF. Here is a list of the diseases and syndromes that I found online a few years ago:
<br />"Adrenal insufficiency, anorexia nervosa, atopic dermatitis, autonomic dysfunction, coeliac disease, ectodermal dysplasia, familial cholestasis (Byler's disease), fucosidosis, G6PD deficiency, glycogen storage disease type 1, hypogammaglobulinemia, hypoparathyroidism, hypothyroidism, Klinefelter's syndrome, malnutrition, mucopolysaccharidosis type 1, nephrogenic diabetes insipidus, nephrosis, pseudohypoaldosteronism, psychosocial problems (Rosenstein & Cutting, 1998, Duddy et al, 1987)"."
<br />
<br />
<br /><a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.alrc.gov.au/publications/23-genetic-counselling-and-medical-education/access-medical-genetic-testing-and-counsel">http://www.alrc.gov.au/publica...ic-testing-and-counsel</a>

H

hillthekhore

Then you're an exception. One need only read about lynchings in the south to understand why everyone attacks an outlier, and as people who recognize that this kind of behavior is unacceptable, it is our responsibility to plug the drain.

And with regard to scientific data, unfortunately, not all problems can be solved with data. I very much doubt that explaining the science of CF to this particular poster will do any good; he has decided that CF does not exist, and no amount of data is going to convince him. Your posts, from what I've seen, are well-reasoned and scientifically accurate, but that isn't enough for some people.

Like Glenn Beck.

H

hillthekhore

Then you're an exception. One need only read about lynchings in the south to understand why everyone attacks an outlier, and as people who recognize that this kind of behavior is unacceptable, it is our responsibility to plug the drain.

And with regard to scientific data, unfortunately, not all problems can be solved with data. I very much doubt that explaining the science of CF to this particular poster will do any good; he has decided that CF does not exist, and no amount of data is going to convince him. Your posts, from what I've seen, are well-reasoned and scientifically accurate, but that isn't enough for some people.

Like Glenn Beck.

H

hillthekhore

<br />
<br />And with regard to scientific data, unfortunately, not all problems can be solved with data. I very much doubt that explaining the science of CF to this particular poster will do any good; he has decided that CF does not exist, and no amount of data is going to convince him. Your posts, from what I've seen, are well-reasoned and scientifically accurate, but that isn't enough for some people.
<br />
<br />Like Glenn Beck.

N

NanaOf8GirlsAndCounting

I only wish it were a business! A business didn't create the blockage in Graycie's bowels. A businees didn't cause her to spend over a yr in the hospital. I can understand not wanting this to be real but unfortunately, whether you believe it or not your daughter will be affected by your actions. Last year looking down on my 2 yr old granddaugher with a vent and mulitple surgeries to save her life because of C diff, I wanted it not to be real but it was. It is scary and I wish none of us had to deal with this, but until a cure is found we do. Denial is something we did at first too, until Graycie was born and it stared us right in the face. If you are trully a person looking for answers I hope you will do the best for your daughter. If you are a troll the only thing you have done is unite all the CF fighters who are fighting this very real, very frightening disease. Hopefully one day you will join us in the fight against this disease.

N

NanaOf8GirlsAndCounting

I only wish it were a business! A business didn't create the blockage in Graycie's bowels. A businees didn't cause her to spend over a yr in the hospital. I can understand not wanting this to be real but unfortunately, whether you believe it or not your daughter will be affected by your actions. Last year looking down on my 2 yr old granddaugher with a vent and mulitple surgeries to save her life because of C diff, I wanted it not to be real but it was. It is scary and I wish none of us had to deal with this, but until a cure is found we do. Denial is something we did at first too, until Graycie was born and it stared us right in the face. If you are trully a person looking for answers I hope you will do the best for your daughter. If you are a troll the only thing you have done is unite all the CF fighters who are fighting this very real, very frightening disease. Hopefully one day you will join us in the fight against this disease.

N

NanaOf8GirlsAndCounting

Havoc

Well done, Imanov, that is a response I can respect! I sincerely hope that you can get everything worked out. If you have any questions, I can try to help. Feel free to contact me privately to avoid an all out flame fest like this thread has become.

Havoc

Well done, Imanov, that is a response I can respect! I sincerely hope that you can get everything worked out. If you have any questions, I can try to help. Feel free to contact me privately to avoid an all out flame fest like this thread has become.

Havoc

H

hillthekhore

@Imanov

I truly hope that you're right. I hope that your child does not have CF. You should absolutely have another sweat test performed, and we all hope that the test is negative.

What will you do, however, if the sweat test is positive?

H

hillthekhore

@Imanov

I truly hope that you're right. I hope that your child does not have CF. You should absolutely have another sweat test performed, and we all hope that the test is negative.

What will you do, however, if the sweat test is positive?

H

hillthekhore

@Imanov
<br />
<br />I truly hope that you're right. I hope that your child does not have CF. You should absolutely have another sweat test performed, and we all hope that the test is negative.
<br />
<br />What will you do, however, if the sweat test is positive?

N

NanaOf8GirlsAndCounting

Sorry but i have to respond one more time. You stated that the sweat test can be because of another disease, that very well may be true, however, why deny CF and then give a list of other diseases that you would be willing to accept? Just saying!

N

NanaOf8GirlsAndCounting

Sorry but i have to respond one more time. You stated that the sweat test can be because of another disease, that very well may be true, however, why deny CF and then give a list of other diseases that you would be willing to accept? Just saying!

N

NanaOf8GirlsAndCounting

imanov

Guys, where do you know it from, that sweat test is negative in other illnesses? Nobody has done it, nobody has tried. Stop diagnosing with sweat tests... Your body loses salt in many other cases. For example, has anybody tried to check sweat chlorides of children (50% of all children) that have rachitis? Do you know that not treated rachitis create the same picture of the blood? Low Na and K, also vitamin D, etc.

Anyway, promise, I will not write anymore! BE HEALTHY dear all!

P.S.: I know that there are some salt caves which are being used for treatment of astma, bronchitis and other lung deseases. Try it, there's nothing to lose. ALL THE BEST TO YOU ALL!!! GOOD BYE!!!

imanov

Guys, where do you know it from, that sweat test is negative in other illnesses? Nobody has done it, nobody has tried. Stop diagnosing with sweat tests... Your body loses salt in many other cases. For example, has anybody tried to check sweat chlorides of children (50% of all children) that have rachitis? Do you know that not treated rachitis create the same picture of the blood? Low Na and K, also vitamin D, etc.

Anyway, promise, I will not write anymore! BE HEALTHY dear all!

P.S.: I know that there are some salt caves which are being used for treatment of astma, bronchitis and other lung deseases. Try it, there's nothing to lose. ALL THE BEST TO YOU ALL!!! GOOD BYE!!!

imanov

<br />
<br />Anyway, promise, I will not write anymore! BE HEALTHY dear all!
<br />
<br />P.S.: I know that there are some salt caves which are being used for treatment of astma, bronchitis and other lung deseases. Try it, there's nothing to lose. ALL THE BEST TO YOU ALL!!! GOOD BYE!!!