Daughter in hospital

BabyBeauty

Avery is doing great! We did the tune up and now are at home. We are adjusting to a new chest therapy and breathing treatment routine, but it is not much harder than before.

As far as my husband and I go, we are doing much better since out of the hospital. I agree with many of the posts that we need to understand where the other person is coming from. I know he was so tired driving to and from. I was tired from the ongoing care of Avery in the hospital. Do we need to go to counseling to learn some communication tools for stressful times....YES! We love each other but need to understand each other better. Thank you for all of your insight!

BabyBeauty

Avery is doing great! We did the tune up and now are at home. We are adjusting to a new chest therapy and breathing treatment routine, but it is not much harder than before.
<br />
<br />As far as my husband and I go, we are doing much better since out of the hospital. I agree with many of the posts that we need to understand where the other person is coming from. I know he was so tired driving to and from. I was tired from the ongoing care of Avery in the hospital. Do we need to go to counseling to learn some communication tools for stressful times....YES! We love each other but need to understand each other better. Thank you for all of your insight!

lilywing

I see that this thread is 2 weeks old now, I hope your daughter is doing better.

I just wanted to add my feelings on this topic, as the CF patient, as I think I've learned a lot about my parents and how they handle things.

My dad is the fixer. He doesn't want to be around if he can't fix it. And like most men, he probably just doesn't want to get emotional around me. He is not insensitive; in fact, he is very sensitive, he's just not the one I can cry and rant to. He probably feels overwhelmed with all the unfixable stuff, and I feel like I've just made him sad. My dad is happy to bring coffee, deliver food, lighten the mood. Even so, my dad has shocked me with his very wise and thoughtful advice at times, showing me that I can reach out to him, but maybe he'd still prefer to talk about cars lol. My dad would do anything/everything I ever asked, but I know my parents, and I try to give them what they can handle.

My mom, on the other hand, is tougher, in a way. I've made her that way, because she has seen me at every extreme and in-between. Not much would shock her anymore. She needs to be with me, and she knows I need her. And sometimes, I need to let her go home and take care of herself. I feel like my mom and I are so connected, and when I'm not doing well, she suffers also, and I hate knowing that, and I want to protect her as well.

I love my parents more than I can express. They have had their ups and downs, CF has not been an even road. But I believe they are a stronger couple because of it. Just as I have grown and learned, they have too. "Better" is the goal, no longer "Perfect".

lilywing

I see that this thread is 2 weeks old now, I hope your daughter is doing better.

I just wanted to add my feelings on this topic, as the CF patient, as I think I've learned a lot about my parents and how they handle things.

My dad is the fixer. He doesn't want to be around if he can't fix it. And like most men, he probably just doesn't want to get emotional around me. He is not insensitive; in fact, he is very sensitive, he's just not the one I can cry and rant to. He probably feels overwhelmed with all the unfixable stuff, and I feel like I've just made him sad. My dad is happy to bring coffee, deliver food, lighten the mood. Even so, my dad has shocked me with his very wise and thoughtful advice at times, showing me that I can reach out to him, but maybe he'd still prefer to talk about cars lol. My dad would do anything/everything I ever asked, but I know my parents, and I try to give them what they can handle.

My mom, on the other hand, is tougher, in a way. I've made her that way, because she has seen me at every extreme and in-between. Not much would shock her anymore. She needs to be with me, and she knows I need her. And sometimes, I need to let her go home and take care of herself. I feel like my mom and I are so connected, and when I'm not doing well, she suffers also, and I hate knowing that, and I want to protect her as well.

I love my parents more than I can express. They have had their ups and downs, CF has not been an even road. But I believe they are a stronger couple because of it. Just as I have grown and learned, they have too. "Better" is the goal, no longer "Perfect".

lilywing

<br />
<br />I just wanted to add my feelings on this topic, as the CF patient, as I think I've learned a lot about my parents and how they handle things.
<br />
<br />My dad is the fixer. He doesn't want to be around if he can't fix it. And like most men, he probably just doesn't want to get emotional around me. He is not insensitive; in fact, he is very sensitive, he's just not the one I can cry and rant to. He probably feels overwhelmed with all the unfixable stuff, and I feel like I've just made him sad. My dad is happy to bring coffee, deliver food, lighten the mood. Even so, my dad has shocked me with his very wise and thoughtful advice at times, showing me that I can reach out to him, but maybe he'd still prefer to talk about cars lol. My dad would do anything/everything I ever asked, but I know my parents, and I try to give them what they can handle.
<br />
<br />My mom, on the other hand, is tougher, in a way. I've made her that way, because she has seen me at every extreme and in-between. Not much would shock her anymore. She needs to be with me, and she knows I need her. And sometimes, I need to let her go home and take care of herself. I feel like my mom and I are so connected, and when I'm not doing well, she suffers also, and I hate knowing that, and I want to protect her as well.
<br />
<br />I love my parents more than I can express. They have had their ups and downs, CF has not been an even road. But I believe they are a stronger couple because of it. Just as I have grown and learned, they have too. "Better" is the goal, no longer "Perfect".