Dealing with the Holidays

NanaOf8Girls

i guess our situation is different. everyone who was at my house for thanksgiving was great, washing hands no one smokes, no one was sick, except for Grayson(cf). The problem we have cannot be solved. Its jealously, from my one sons wife, all my children have babies who are a few months apart and i do my best to spread my attention around but i was giving my daughter and son in law a break and did all the therapies that day for Graycie, and i guess i didn't spend enough time with their daughter and blah blah blah, my son doesn't feel that way but his wife does. I had all 8 granddaughters there and i am not going to count and see how many times i hold kiss or talk to each child. We have been through this before with her when my daughter had the twins. My daughter in law never held or spoke to Grayson(like she doesn't exist) and she caused a big ruckus and the end of the night. (I love everyone elses kids more than hers)geeze!!!She is an only child and i am getting sick of this. One out of the whole bunch is not bad but it effects the whole family when she acts out. No one else feels this way. I will not apoligize for giving my granddaughter her treatments or for helping my daughter. Everyone understands but her. I think its just an only child syndrome.heheheheh Oh well theres always Christmas........God help me!!!

NanaOf8Girls

i guess our situation is different. everyone who was at my house for thanksgiving was great, washing hands no one smokes, no one was sick, except for Grayson(cf). The problem we have cannot be solved. Its jealously, from my one sons wife, all my children have babies who are a few months apart and i do my best to spread my attention around but i was giving my daughter and son in law a break and did all the therapies that day for Graycie, and i guess i didn't spend enough time with their daughter and blah blah blah, my son doesn't feel that way but his wife does. I had all 8 granddaughters there and i am not going to count and see how many times i hold kiss or talk to each child. We have been through this before with her when my daughter had the twins. My daughter in law never held or spoke to Grayson(like she doesn't exist) and she caused a big ruckus and the end of the night. (I love everyone elses kids more than hers)geeze!!!She is an only child and i am getting sick of this. One out of the whole bunch is not bad but it effects the whole family when she acts out. No one else feels this way. I will not apoligize for giving my granddaughter her treatments or for helping my daughter. Everyone understands but her. I think its just an only child syndrome.heheheheh Oh well theres always Christmas........God help me!!!

NanaOf8Girls

NanaOf8Girls

NanaOf8Girls

PlumPerfect

It is sad how people really don't get it and it seems like you want family to know more and understand.
We went to our last minute Thanksgiving/ Christmas becasue they planned Christmas at a smokers house ( unknowingly to us) They just realized this would be an issue after dh went off on his dad about no one taking it seriously. My brother and sister in-law smoke and I told them we could come to this if they didn't come in with smoke on them and shouldn't smoke that day ( after the Florida trip I am not messing around with this anymore) So they show up smelling like masked smoke, and then there was talk about an aunt showing up who had bronchitis. I flipped and then cried in the bathroom and dh about killed his family, ok so he just went off but he told his brother to think long and hard about the fact that we will be faced with burrying our son in our life and we aren't going to let people wether family or not steal years off his life. My sister in-law threw a fit and cried and asked what she is sapposed to do and left without their kids.. they came back an hour later and said they scrubbed their skin with alcohol and would stay in a different room, in which everyone hung out in there with them... grrr....

sorry, guess I had to get that out.

PlumPerfect

It is sad how people really don't get it and it seems like you want family to know more and understand.
We went to our last minute Thanksgiving/ Christmas becasue they planned Christmas at a smokers house ( unknowingly to us) They just realized this would be an issue after dh went off on his dad about no one taking it seriously. My brother and sister in-law smoke and I told them we could come to this if they didn't come in with smoke on them and shouldn't smoke that day ( after the Florida trip I am not messing around with this anymore) So they show up smelling like masked smoke, and then there was talk about an aunt showing up who had bronchitis. I flipped and then cried in the bathroom and dh about killed his family, ok so he just went off but he told his brother to think long and hard about the fact that we will be faced with burrying our son in our life and we aren't going to let people wether family or not steal years off his life. My sister in-law threw a fit and cried and asked what she is sapposed to do and left without their kids.. they came back an hour later and said they scrubbed their skin with alcohol and would stay in a different room, in which everyone hung out in there with them... grrr....

PlumPerfect

PlumPerfect

PlumPerfect

<br />We went to our last minute Thanksgiving/ Christmas becasue they planned Christmas at a smokers house ( unknowingly to us) They just realized this would be an issue after dh went off on his dad about no one taking it seriously. My brother and sister in-law smoke and I told them we could come to this if they didn't come in with smoke on them and shouldn't smoke that day ( after the Florida trip I am not messing around with this anymore) So they show up smelling like masked smoke, and then there was talk about an aunt showing up who had bronchitis. I flipped and then cried in the bathroom and dh about killed his family, ok so he just went off but he told his brother to think long and hard about the fact that we will be faced with burrying our son in our life and we aren't going to let people wether family or not steal years off his life. My sister in-law threw a fit and cried and asked what she is sapposed to do and left without their kids.. they came back an hour later and said they scrubbed their skin with alcohol and would stay in a different room, in which everyone hung out in there with them... grrr....
<br />
<br />sorry, guess I had to get that out.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
We didn't have any issues with smokers this year and other than a couple people with mild cold symptoms, nothing major. The one person I was concerned with, the uncle on oxygen, who used to smoke and has lung infections, was unable to come because he couldn't breathe, was helping to combine the day before and suffered a relapse of some sort...

His daughter is trying to arrange for him to go to Jewish in Denver 'cuz this has been going on for the past year or so -- sudden fevers, breathing issues, bouts with pneumonia... He did have a new pulmonologist, but when the uncle requested a culture to make sure he wasn't growing anything nasty or that could be detrimental others, the doctor refused, because he said there was no way he'd culture anything.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
We didn't have any issues with smokers this year and other than a couple people with mild cold symptoms, nothing major. The one person I was concerned with, the uncle on oxygen, who used to smoke and has lung infections, was unable to come because he couldn't breathe, was helping to combine the day before and suffered a relapse of some sort...

His daughter is trying to arrange for him to go to Jewish in Denver 'cuz this has been going on for the past year or so -- sudden fevers, breathing issues, bouts with pneumonia... He did have a new pulmonologist, but when the uncle requested a culture to make sure he wasn't growing anything nasty or that could be detrimental others, the doctor refused, because he said there was no way he'd culture anything.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />His daughter is trying to arrange for him to go to Jewish in Denver 'cuz this has been going on for the past year or so -- sudden fevers, breathing issues, bouts with pneumonia... He did have a new pulmonologist, but when the uncle requested a culture to make sure he wasn't growing anything nasty or that could be detrimental others, the doctor refused, because he said there was no way he'd culture anything.
<br />
<br />