DIAPER RASH / RED BOTTOM

michelle1

I had the same problem with my daughter Olivia 4 with cf. We used a product called Metanium, I don't know if it is available where you are but it worked wonders for us.

michelle1

I had the same problem with my daughter Olivia 4 with cf. We used a product called Metanium, I don't know if it is available where you are but it worked wonders for us.

michelle1

michelle1

michelle1

MargaritaChic

Other advice the doctor gave us:

* Let her spend as much time as you can without a diaper on. Put some blankets down and let her be naked.

* Use a hair dryer to get her bottom totally dry after changing her.

But the perscription butt paste worked the best. We use Desitin too. But we make sure to get the one that has 40% Zinc.
There is one that has 10% and that does not work as well.

MargaritaChic

* Let her spend as much time as you can without a diaper on. Put some blankets down and let her be naked.

But the perscription butt paste worked the best. We use Desitin too. But we make sure to get the one that has 40% Zinc.

MargaritaChic

MargaritaChic

MargaritaChic

<br />
<br />* Let her spend as much time as you can without a diaper on. Put some blankets down and let her be naked.
<br />
<br />* Use a hair dryer to get her bottom totally dry after changing her.
<br />
<br />
<br />But the perscription butt paste worked the best. We use Desitin too. But we make sure to get the one that has 40% Zinc.
<br />There is one that has 10% and that does not work as well.
<br />

PlumPerfect

we just went through it Brandon. It was either an enzyme issue or a milk allergy issue or both.. either way we increased his enzymes and changed his milk and he got better.. if your dr. just increased it I am not sure. although I think someone on here said once that to much could cause a blockage and only let out the acidic bm. which could burn their bum.. I know we tried to make sure he ate a full bottle when he got the enzymes, instead of puttering out. I just make him wait a little longer till he is for sure hungry, I try every other option before I let him eat more if its not been the normal amount of time in between and this has helped allot..
also they prescribed floranex which was crushed up in the bottle to stop diarrhea when they put him on his antibiotic.. I believe its just a probiotic which you could always get a health food store

PlumPerfect

we just went through it Brandon. It was either an enzyme issue or a milk allergy issue or both.. either way we increased his enzymes and changed his milk and he got better.. if your dr. just increased it I am not sure. although I think someone on here said once that to much could cause a blockage and only let out the acidic bm. which could burn their bum.. I know we tried to make sure he ate a full bottle when he got the enzymes, instead of puttering out. I just make him wait a little longer till he is for sure hungry, I try every other option before I let him eat more if its not been the normal amount of time in between and this has helped allot..
also they prescribed floranex which was crushed up in the bottle to stop diarrhea when they put him on his antibiotic.. I believe its just a probiotic which you could always get a health food store

PlumPerfect

PlumPerfect

PlumPerfect

<br />also they prescribed floranex which was crushed up in the bottle to stop diarrhea when they put him on his antibiotic.. I believe its just a probiotic which you could always get a health food store

mamax3

I am going to try to air her out when I get home from work tonight and hope that helps, but since I am just breastfeeding and that is all she gets and things have not changed so I don't know. But I guess it could be that she is getting too much in the enzyme part but I thought that if her enzymes were to much then she would get constipated, and she is not. Lately she averages about 1-2 soiled diapers a day, and they are not thick but not watery.

-------------
mom of 3, Lexis 11 yrs, Chandler 6 yrs, (both w/o cf) and Avery 4 mo w/cf

mamax3

I am going to try to air her out when I get home from work tonight and hope that helps, but since I am just breastfeeding and that is all she gets and things have not changed so I don't know. But I guess it could be that she is getting too much in the enzyme part but I thought that if her enzymes were to much then she would get constipated, and she is not. Lately she averages about 1-2 soiled diapers a day, and they are not thick but not watery.

-------------

mamax3

-------------

mamax3

-------------

mamax3

<br />
<br />-------------
<br />mom of 3, Lexis 11 yrs, Chandler 6 yrs, (both w/o cf) and Avery 4 mo w/cf