Do you have Pseudomonas Aeruginosa?

cdale613

I culture it sporadically - not every culture, but often enough that I know its down there even if it doesn't grow out.

I take Tobi, and deal with it... the voice stuff is probably the worst side effect I experience from it.

Chris

28 m w/cf

cdale613

I culture it sporadically - not every culture, but often enough that I know its down there even if it doesn't grow out.

I take Tobi, and deal with it... the voice stuff is probably the worst side effect I experience from it.

Chris

28 m w/cf

cdale613

Chris

28 m w/cf

cdale613

Chris

28 m w/cf

cdale613

<br />
<br />I take Tobi, and deal with it... the voice stuff is probably the worst side effect I experience from it.
<br />
<br />Chris
<br />
<br />28 m w/cf

DarbSkull

I do frequent IV antibiotics, I'm sure that's what beat down the PA (and other bugs). My doc is a huge fan of the Danish method of CF treatment - 3 weeks of IVs every 3 months, rain or shine. Before I started this regimen my FEV1 was down to 65% and I was culturing PA, stenotrophomonus maltophilia, and mycobacteria avium. After a few years of this treatement my FEV1 was up to 82% and my cultures were clear of all bacteria, but in Feb of this year I started culturing PA again and also moraxella catarrhalis. <br>
<br>

Of course, the PA was probably never COMPLETELY gone, but all I know is for 10 months I spit in a cup and didn't grow any PA. I'm pretty happy with that result.<br>
<br>
65roses, nothing really changed in my treatment or lifestyle during that period. I did start the Denufosol trial in Sept. of '07, but that's the only real change, and that was well after my cultures were clear of PA. My work-related stress increased in Jan. of this year which might have contributed to culturing PA again. I'm a believer in the link between stress and illness. Things are finally slowing down a little at work, so hopefully I can get control of it again soon.

DarbSkull

I do frequent IV antibiotics, I'm sure that's what beat down the PA (and other bugs). My doc is a huge fan of the Danish method of CF treatment - 3 weeks of IVs every 3 months, rain or shine. Before I started this regimen my FEV1 was down to 65% and I was culturing PA, stenotrophomonus maltophilia, and mycobacteria avium. After a few years of this treatement my FEV1 was up to 82% and my cultures were clear of all bacteria, but in Feb of this year I started culturing PA again and also moraxella catarrhalis. <br>
<br>

Of course, the PA was probably never COMPLETELY gone, but all I know is for 10 months I spit in a cup and didn't grow any PA. I'm pretty happy with that result.<br>
<br>
65roses, nothing really changed in my treatment or lifestyle during that period. I did start the Denufosol trial in Sept. of '07, but that's the only real change, and that was well after my cultures were clear of PA. My work-related stress increased in Jan. of this year which might have contributed to culturing PA again. I'm a believer in the link between stress and illness. Things are finally slowing down a little at work, so hopefully I can get control of it again soon.

DarbSkull

<br>

<br>

DarbSkull

<br>

<br>

DarbSkull

<br>

<br>

C

cfsucks

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>DarbSkull</b></i>
I do frequent IV antibiotics, I'm sure that's what beat down the PA (and other bugs). My doc is a huge fan of the Danish method of IV treatment - 3 weeks of IVs every 3 months, rain or shine.</end quote></div>

hmm that's interesting i haven't heard of that

C

cfsucks

I do frequent IV antibiotics, I'm sure that's what beat down the PA (and other bugs). My doc is a huge fan of the Danish method of IV treatment - 3 weeks of IVs every 3 months, rain or shine.</end quote></div>

C

cfsucks

C

cfsucks

I do frequent IV antibiotics, I'm sure that's what beat down the PA (and other bugs). My doc is a huge fan of the Danish method of IV treatment - 3 weeks of IVs every 3 months, rain or shine.</end quote>

C

cfsucks

<br />I do frequent IV antibiotics, I'm sure that's what beat down the PA (and other bugs). My doc is a huge fan of the Danish method of IV treatment - 3 weeks of IVs every 3 months, rain or shine.</end quote>
<br />
<br />hmm that's interesting i haven't heard of that

DarbSkull

Yeah, it's somewhat controversial in the U.S. because of the risk of the bugs developing resistance, but the Danish figure that if the bugs are dead it doesn't matter what they are resistant to. All I know is that I was on a steep downward trend while I was on traditional American CF treatment (IVs only when sick) and when I started seeing my current doc and doing more frequent IVs, my condition (and corresponding quality of life) improved dramatically.

DarbSkull

Yeah, it's somewhat controversial in the U.S. because of the risk of the bugs developing resistance, but the Danish figure that if the bugs are dead it doesn't matter what they are resistant to. All I know is that I was on a steep downward trend while I was on traditional American CF treatment (IVs only when sick) and when I started seeing my current doc and doing more frequent IVs, my condition (and corresponding quality of life) improved dramatically.

DarbSkull

DarbSkull

DarbSkull