do you know LONG BEACH MEMORIAL MED CTR ?

clinging2faith

HI Deanna,
I used to go to St. Joeph's up until 2001 (or 2000). I switched becase a doctor who was not used to adult c.f. symptoms kept giving me a hard time and it became too much too stand along with the illness. He just was not understanding of adults with c.f. Now they dont take adults and they won't take another adult back in their system. Which is too bad because i loved Dr. Hicks he was very good. But the other doctor was a real pain to deal with.

I have switched to LBMMC but Im not convinced. Im new, i know. But Im good about analyzing my feelings about things and im not happy i think i rather keep looking at the rest of the options which aren ot more than 2 now for me.

Stay at St. Joseph's its a good hospital.
Take care.
Mry

clinging2faith

HI Deanna,
I used to go to St. Joeph's up until 2001 (or 2000). I switched becase a doctor who was not used to adult c.f. symptoms kept giving me a hard time and it became too much too stand along with the illness. He just was not understanding of adults with c.f. Now they dont take adults and they won't take another adult back in their system. Which is too bad because i loved Dr. Hicks he was very good. But the other doctor was a real pain to deal with.

I have switched to LBMMC but Im not convinced. Im new, i know. But Im good about analyzing my feelings about things and im not happy i think i rather keep looking at the rest of the options which aren ot more than 2 now for me.

Stay at St. Joseph's its a good hospital.
Take care.
Mry

clinging2faith

Hi Lindsey, well this is a relief to hear! I am trying to make up my mind. I didnt want to get hospitalized, and Dr. Ryker's office was so mad because they had to do the ghpp paperwork. But I dont feel I need hopsital at this point.

I'm just scared. Let me finish doing my breathing machine/nebs and will write more. to distract myself while i do the nebs i get online and take the time to read my email etc.

i will get back to your post. thank you for yr answers. they help a lot.

clinging2faith

Hi Lindsey, well this is a relief to hear! I am trying to make up my mind. I didnt want to get hospitalized, and Dr. Ryker's office was so mad because they had to do the ghpp paperwork. But I dont feel I need hopsital at this point.

I'm just scared. Let me finish doing my breathing machine/nebs and will write more. to distract myself while i do the nebs i get online and take the time to read my email etc.

clinging2faith

clinging2faith

Deanna and Lindsey,
On St. Josephs/Choc I went there for 14yrs, at age 24 is when I started going there when I had my daughter. The hospital is a good one, and i have been around at least 5 different hospitals. If you go through the Choc Cystic Fibrosis clinic you have Dr. David Hicks who used to be the CF Research Director and his partner Dr. Bruce Nickerson. The latter one is a good person but not a good doctor for an adult unless he s changed his poor knowledge on adult symptoms.

Going to St. Josephs for me was always (but one) good experiences. The nurses for our floor have been the kindest i ever found. I actually miss that hospital but now they won't take adult patients and since i left for many years they won't take me back.

Dr. David Hicks is very knowledgeable but you have to watch out because if you have gastro problems like I do, they missed many things completely and sent me for a gallbladder removal when i didnt need one and didnt solve the problem, wihch was my pancreas was already totally fatty replaced and my pains were coming form my pancreas not my gallbladder. Live and learn.
The collysystomy (gallbladder removal) only made gastro matters worse as it caused me to have a severe lactose intolerance syndrome.

Abut the vest, i got my vest because of the c.f. clinic at Choc//st. joseph's
but i do know that the hospital doesnt use the vest . Dr. Hicks is the one recommending the vest to me years ago...

When I went to St. Josephs i lived in Irvine. Now I am in Laguna Niguel.

thank you both for your input.

clinging2faith

Deanna and Lindsey,
On St. Josephs/Choc I went there for 14yrs, at age 24 is when I started going there when I had my daughter. The hospital is a good one, and i have been around at least 5 different hospitals. If you go through the Choc Cystic Fibrosis clinic you have Dr. David Hicks who used to be the CF Research Director and his partner Dr. Bruce Nickerson. The latter one is a good person but not a good doctor for an adult unless he s changed his poor knowledge on adult symptoms.

Going to St. Josephs for me was always (but one) good experiences. The nurses for our floor have been the kindest i ever found. I actually miss that hospital but now they won't take adult patients and since i left for many years they won't take me back.

Dr. David Hicks is very knowledgeable but you have to watch out because if you have gastro problems like I do, they missed many things completely and sent me for a gallbladder removal when i didnt need one and didnt solve the problem, wihch was my pancreas was already totally fatty replaced and my pains were coming form my pancreas not my gallbladder. Live and learn.
The collysystomy (gallbladder removal) only made gastro matters worse as it caused me to have a severe lactose intolerance syndrome.

but i do know that the hospital doesnt use the vest . Dr. Hicks is the one recommending the vest to me years ago...

clinging2faith

Deanna and Lindsey,