doc and I disagree

Jeana

<P>My doc and I disagree--he thinks each nebbed med below should take 20 min or less. I am finding that some of them are taking considerably longer. What is your experience?</P>
<P>Pulmozyme</P>
<P>Albuterol</P>
<P>TOBI</P>
<P>Hypertonic </P>

Jeana

<P>My doc and I disagree--he thinks each nebbed med below should take 20 min or less. I am finding that some of them are taking considerably longer. What is your experience?</P>
<P>Pulmozyme</P>
<P>Albuterol</P>
<P>TOBI</P>
<P>Hypertonic </P>

Rebjane

Super Moderator
Jeana,

We use a Mobilaire compressor. Pulmozyme takes; 7-8 minutes same for albuterol. Hypertonic saline takes 15 min. TOBI took the longest 20 minutes. We also have a smaller portable compressor, Pari vios; when we used that it took alot longer and the machine died every 6 months. The Mobilaire has made neb session times more reasonable. HTH.

Rebjane

Super Moderator
Jeana,

We use a Mobilaire compressor. Pulmozyme takes; 7-8 minutes same for albuterol. Hypertonic saline takes 15 min. TOBI took the longest 20 minutes. We also have a smaller portable compressor, Pari vios; when we used that it took alot longer and the machine died every 6 months. The Mobilaire has made neb session times more reasonable. HTH.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
DS takes albuterol/atrovent mixed (duo neb), which takes about 15 minutes, Pulmozyme takes 15 mintues as well. Tobi takes about 22-25 minutes. We use a Pari Vios or a Devilbiss Pulmoaide.

When DS was a baby, we didn't realize his brand new Pari Proneb Ultra was faulty. Duoneb took about 25-30 minutes and Tobi took 45-50. Then a relative gave us an older Devilbiss for use as a spare and we realized the problem.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
DS takes albuterol/atrovent mixed (duo neb), which takes about 15 minutes, Pulmozyme takes 15 mintues as well. Tobi takes about 22-25 minutes. We use a Pari Vios or a Devilbiss Pulmoaide.

When DS was a baby, we didn't realize his brand new Pari Proneb Ultra was faulty. Duoneb took about 25-30 minutes and Tobi took 45-50. Then a relative gave us an older Devilbiss for use as a spare and we realized the problem.

Jennyvb17

How old is your air compressor? I finally got a new one, after 12 years and it helped decrease the time the drugs were taking.

Tobi ~25
HyperSal~20
Pulmo~ 15

Jennyvb17

How old is your air compressor? I finally got a new one, after 12 years and it helped decrease the time the drugs were taking.

Tobi ~25
HyperSal~20
Pulmo~ 15

Incomudrox

It's funny that I'm reading this just as the Apria Home Health care delivery guy knocked on the door with my new compressor. I literally just came back from clinic they wrote the script at 5 oclock... its now 6 and my new compressor is in my hands. I am in shock lol.

Incomudrox

It's funny that I'm reading this just as the Apria Home Health care delivery guy knocked on the door with my new compressor. I literally just came back from clinic they wrote the script at 5 oclock... its now 6 and my new compressor is in my hands. I am in shock lol.

Jeana

My Devilbiss Pulmo Aide is relatively new--about 3 months old. Albuterol and pulmozyme each take about 20 min, but Hypertonic and TOBI both take from 35-45 min. Granted, with TOBI in particular, I stop when I have a coughing fit, since I don't want to waste the antibiotic.

Jeana

My Devilbiss Pulmo Aide is relatively new--about 3 months old. Albuterol and pulmozyme each take about 20 min, but Hypertonic and TOBI both take from 35-45 min. Granted, with TOBI in particular, I stop when I have a coughing fit, since I don't want to waste the antibiotic.

Kristen

I have both a Devilbiss Pulmoaide and Pari Vios, and both are less than six months old. My treatment times are:

Albuterol ~ 8 minutes
Hypertonic ~ 15 minutes
Pulmozyme ~8 minutes
I don't take Tobi.

Are you stopping when the neb starts sputtering? That is when I stop doing my treatments. For a while I kept going past sputtering because there was still some medicine in the cup, but then I read that I didn't need to do that, so I stopped and it's save a lot of time.

Kristen

I have both a Devilbiss Pulmoaide and Pari Vios, and both are less than six months old. My treatment times are:

Albuterol ~ 8 minutes
Hypertonic ~ 15 minutes
Pulmozyme ~8 minutes
I don't take Tobi.

Are you stopping when the neb starts sputtering? That is when I stop doing my treatments. For a while I kept going past sputtering because there was still some medicine in the cup, but then I read that I didn't need to do that, so I stopped and it's save a lot of time.

mamaScarlett

None of my meds take 20 mins. I havent' done TOBI in eons, but that one probably did take 20 mins.<br>Albuterol-5<br>Hypertonic-15<br>Pulmozyme-10<br>Pulmicort-less than 10<br>Cayston-2 mins....hours of clean up lol<br><br>I use an inspiration nebulizer and respironic sidestream disposable nebs.<br>

mamaScarlett

None of my meds take 20 mins. I havent' done TOBI in eons, but that one probably did take 20 mins.<br>Albuterol-5<br>Hypertonic-15<br>Pulmozyme-10<br>Pulmicort-less than 10<br>Cayston-2 mins....hours of clean up lol<br><br>I use an inspiration nebulizer and respironic sidestream disposable nebs.<br>

<p style="font-size: 12px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; background-color: rgb(250, 250, 250); ">Pulmozyme=5-10 minutes<p style="font-size: 12px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; background-color: rgb(250, 250, 250); ">Albuterol=5-10 minutes<p style="font-size: 12px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; background-color: rgb(250, 250, 250); ">TOBI=FOREVER<p style="font-size: 12px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; background-color: rgb(250, 250, 250); ">Hypertonic=10 minutes<p style="font-size: 12px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; background-color: rgb(250, 250, 250); "><br><p style="font-size: 12px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; background-color: rgb(250, 250, 250); ">I have two nebulizers, one at my house one at my boyfriend's. One is newer/faster. They still take about the same time regardless, in my experience. I can definitely use the vest for twenty and get pulmozyme and albuterol both in, and sometimes even hypertonic saline. I am a deep breather though, maybe its different if you breathe more shallowly/less often.

<p style="font-size: 12px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; background-color: rgb(250, 250, 250); ">Pulmozyme=5-10 minutes<p style="font-size: 12px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; background-color: rgb(250, 250, 250); ">Albuterol=5-10 minutes<p style="font-size: 12px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; background-color: rgb(250, 250, 250); ">TOBI=FOREVER<p style="font-size: 12px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; background-color: rgb(250, 250, 250); ">Hypertonic=10 minutes<p style="font-size: 12px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; background-color: rgb(250, 250, 250); "><br><p style="font-size: 12px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; background-color: rgb(250, 250, 250); ">I have two nebulizers, one at my house one at my boyfriend's. One is newer/faster. They still take about the same time regardless, in my experience. I can definitely use the vest for twenty and get pulmozyme and albuterol both in, and sometimes even hypertonic saline. I am a deep breather though, maybe its different if you breathe more shallowly/less often.

bigstar

Take my advice! Buy EFLOW RAPID! I dont know if you afford it it should be expensive. Find a way to get it prescribed. It is reaaaaally fast.

Pulmozyme 3-5 minutes
Tobi 6-10

Of course it depends of how old is your nebulazer. It is recommended to change the nebulazing parts (not the whole device) every 6 months. I spend a year with it because it costs about 100 euros. After a year of use it becomes kinda slower. But eflow has saved me sooo much time. And time is money!

bigstar

Take my advice! Buy EFLOW RAPID! I dont know if you afford it it should be expensive. Find a way to get it prescribed. It is reaaaaally fast.

Pulmozyme 3-5 minutes
Tobi 6-10

Of course it depends of how old is your nebulazer. It is recommended to change the nebulazing parts (not the whole device) every 6 months. I spend a year with it because it costs about 100 euros. After a year of use it becomes kinda slower. But eflow has saved me sooo much time. And time is money!