doc and I disagree

aquafish2425

Albuterol=5-10 mins
Pulmozyme=5-10 mins
TOBI= 20 mins
Cayston =90 seconds

I use a Devilbiss Pulmoaide that is about 6 months old.

aquafish2425

Albuterol=5-10 mins
Pulmozyme=5-10 mins
TOBI= 20 mins
Cayston =90 seconds

I use a Devilbiss Pulmoaide that is about 6 months old.

Daisymae1997

I find the hyper and Tobramyicin take the longest. Are you taking Tobi or Tobramyicin? That can make a difference. Also, the cleanliness of your nebs makes a difference, especially with muco and antibiotics. They are sticky and the build up slows the neb. Make sure their bath includes really hot water. I use the Trio for my Tobra now from CF Found Care. None of my treatments take longer than 10 minutes with the Trio (formerly known as eflow).

Good Luck!!
Karen

Daisymae1997

I find the hyper and Tobramyicin take the longest. Are you taking Tobi or Tobramyicin? That can make a difference. Also, the cleanliness of your nebs makes a difference, especially with muco and antibiotics. They are sticky and the build up slows the neb. Make sure their bath includes really hot water. I use the Trio for my Tobra now from CF Found Care. None of my treatments take longer than 10 minutes with the Trio (formerly known as eflow).

Good Luck!!
Karen

JennyCoulon

I think it depends on the nebulizer that you are using. I know albuterol takes about 10 mins at the most and Pulmozyme takes about 15 mins. I know when we have used just a regular nebulizer and not a Pari it takes much longer.

JennyCoulon

I think it depends on the nebulizer that you are using. I know albuterol takes about 10 mins at the most and Pulmozyme takes about 15 mins. I know when we have used just a regular nebulizer and not a Pari it takes much longer.

scanboyd

For me it not about how fast esp. when I am using Hts.,it is how much mucous I can cough up and out. When using aprox. 7cc or more of 3% and or 7% Hts.; really can not tell any difference between the two.
Hts. takes 45min-1hr. Got to keep them cleaned out or no room for O2 exchange.

Total time for all neb. rx. 1 3/4 hr. to 2; am and pm if on Cayston rot. extra 1 hr. mid. day.

Have a Happy New Yr. folks!!

scanboyd

For me it not about how fast esp. when I am using Hts.,it is how much mucous I can cough up and out. When using aprox. 7cc or more of 3% and or 7% Hts.; really can not tell any difference between the two.
Hts. takes 45min-1hr. Got to keep them cleaned out or no room for O2 exchange.

Total time for all neb. rx. 1 3/4 hr. to 2; am and pm if on Cayston rot. extra 1 hr. mid. day.

Have a Happy New Yr. folks!!

LouLou

I use eflow for everything. It's very fast but when I was using Pari Pro Neb it took about 10-15 min for albuterol. 10-15 min. for Pulmozyme. 25-35 for Tobi.

LouLou

I use eflow for everything. It's very fast but when I was using Pari Pro Neb it took about 10-15 min for albuterol. 10-15 min. for Pulmozyme. 25-35 for Tobi.

Jeana

We ironed out our disagreement. He allowed that coughing and turning off my machine could cause increased times and that HTS and TOBI take longer than albuterol and pulmozyme. Unfortunately, my doc will not allow me to use eflow except for with Cayston.

Jeana

We ironed out our disagreement. He allowed that coughing and turning off my machine could cause increased times and that HTS and TOBI take longer than albuterol and pulmozyme. Unfortunately, my doc will not allow me to use eflow except for with Cayston.

rtorres25

LouLou,
How did you get your Dr to let you use eflow for everything? How do you keep the nebulizer cups straight as to which meds go in which?

rtorres25

LouLou,
How did you get your Dr to let you use eflow for everything? How do you keep the nebulizer cups straight as to which meds go in which?