Doctors While Pregnant

Kristen

How many different doctors did/are you see while pregnant? Did you see a high risk OB, or just a regular OB? What about a perinatologist? How often did you did see your doctors?

I'm just curious because I feel like my CF clinic is like "yay, your pregnant! See you at your regular check-up in three months!" which surprised me. No one has mentioned to me that I should see a high-risk OB or a perinatologist. I'm only 6 weeks, so, I have just been seeing my RE so far. But, I need to figure out what to do once I "graduate" from the RE, and I figured it would be helpful to see what other women with CF have done.

Kristen

How many different doctors did/are you see while pregnant? Did you see a high risk OB, or just a regular OB? What about a perinatologist? How often did you did see your doctors?

I'm just curious because I feel like my CF clinic is like "yay, your pregnant! See you at your regular check-up in three months!" which surprised me. No one has mentioned to me that I should see a high-risk OB or a perinatologist. I'm only 6 weeks, so, I have just been seeing my RE so far. But, I need to figure out what to do once I "graduate" from the RE, and I figured it would be helpful to see what other women with CF have done.

Kristen

Kristen

Kristen

<br />
<br />I'm just curious because I feel like my CF clinic is like "yay, your pregnant! See you at your regular check-up in three months!" which surprised me. No one has mentioned to me that I should see a high-risk OB or a perinatologist. I'm only 6 weeks, so, I have just been seeing my RE so far. But, I need to figure out what to do once I "graduate" from the RE, and I figured it would be helpful to see what other women with CF have done.

S

semperfiohana

i saw my cf doctor every 3 months, my regular ob how ever often you are supposed to, once a month twice a month? i can't remember and i saw a high risk ob doctor who did a monthly ultrasound to make sure the little one was cooking up nicely. maybe ur cf clinic is like because ur pfts are higher? i'm not real sure. my cf clinic wanted to keep a close eye on me.

S

semperfiohana

i saw my cf doctor every 3 months, my regular ob how ever often you are supposed to, once a month twice a month? i can't remember and i saw a high risk ob doctor who did a monthly ultrasound to make sure the little one was cooking up nicely. maybe ur cf clinic is like because ur pfts are higher? i'm not real sure. my cf clinic wanted to keep a close eye on me.

S

semperfiohana

S

semperfiohana

S

semperfiohana

mom2lillian

I saw my cf clinic per normal 3 months unless having a problem. I was referred to a perinatologist as a precaution as she had followed cf'ers before. Didnt really 'need' her per se but she was much more aware of things that could have happened, did diabetes testing earlier etc etc. Trying to decide if I want to go back to her full time or just do a consult or two now since I know everything went ok with #1.

mom2lillian

I saw my cf clinic per normal 3 months unless having a problem. I was referred to a perinatologist as a precaution as she had followed cf'ers before. Didnt really 'need' her per se but she was much more aware of things that could have happened, did diabetes testing earlier etc etc. Trying to decide if I want to go back to her full time or just do a consult or two now since I know everything went ok with #1.

mom2lillian

mom2lillian

mom2lillian

JazzysMom

I saw my CF Clinic every month. I saw my local OB as a usual pregnancy, but I ended up delivering early by an OB connected with my CF Clinic. I had not met the OB that delivered until I was admitted with hemoptysis.

JazzysMom

I saw my CF Clinic every month. I saw my local OB as a usual pregnancy, but I ended up delivering early by an OB connected with my CF Clinic. I had not met the OB that delivered until I was admitted with hemoptysis.

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

JazzysMom