Doctors While Pregnant

mamaScarlett

Yes, I agree with Keepercjr and rubyroselee about the birth itself-there's no complications outside of whats normal complications to all moms giving birth.
That was extremely important to me when I gave birth to my daughter. I had Cf-but my pregnancy did not. I really wanted my birth to be mine. So my much of my life has been given over to the hands of doctors that I wanted my birth to be as non-doctor controlled as possible.
However, towards the end of my labor my doctor did give me oxygen-I was so tired that I didn't care or worry about it!-giving oxygen to the birthing mom is common for any woman anyhow. I honestly can't say if my doctor gave it to me bc "I have Cf" or bc I was in labor for 24 hours and was tired. But it helped give me the strength to push.
Just an fyi!

mamaScarlett

Yes, I agree with Keepercjr and rubyroselee about the birth itself-there's no complications outside of whats normal complications to all moms giving birth.
That was extremely important to me when I gave birth to my daughter. I had Cf-but my pregnancy did not. I really wanted my birth to be mine. So my much of my life has been given over to the hands of doctors that I wanted my birth to be as non-doctor controlled as possible.
However, towards the end of my labor my doctor did give me oxygen-I was so tired that I didn't care or worry about it!-giving oxygen to the birthing mom is common for any woman anyhow. I honestly can't say if my doctor gave it to me bc "I have Cf" or bc I was in labor for 24 hours and was tired. But it helped give me the strength to push.
Just an fyi!

mamaScarlett

Just an fyi!

mamaScarlett

Just an fyi!

mamaScarlett

<br />That was extremely important to me when I gave birth to my daughter. I had Cf-but my pregnancy did not. I really wanted my birth to be mine. So my much of my life has been given over to the hands of doctors that I wanted my birth to be as non-doctor controlled as possible.
<br />However, towards the end of my labor my doctor did give me oxygen-I was so tired that I didn't care or worry about it!-giving oxygen to the birthing mom is common for any woman anyhow. I honestly can't say if my doctor gave it to me bc "I have Cf" or bc I was in labor for 24 hours and was tired. But it helped give me the strength to push.
<br />Just an fyi!

Asexyblond23

Im at 21 weeks now and I see my High Rish OB every 4 weeks and since the last visit we are doing a growth ultrasound at every appt just to make sure that little man is growing good and getting everything that he needs. I see my Cf docs every 3 months. I have been very very lucky with my cf and my pregnancy. Other then one bleed and IV's for 3 weeks my IV's bounced back up to normal at 16 weeks. So they said I am doing great and see me in 3 months. I am scheduled to go back Dec 7th which will be about 32 weeks.

Asexyblond23

Im at 21 weeks now and I see my High Rish OB every 4 weeks and since the last visit we are doing a growth ultrasound at every appt just to make sure that little man is growing good and getting everything that he needs. I see my Cf docs every 3 months. I have been very very lucky with my cf and my pregnancy. Other then one bleed and IV's for 3 weeks my IV's bounced back up to normal at 16 weeks. So they said I am doing great and see me in 3 months. I am scheduled to go back Dec 7th which will be about 32 weeks.

Asexyblond23

Asexyblond23

Asexyblond23

ashleydog

I saw my cf clinic every 2 months and the high risk OB on a normal schedule. I only went to the high risk group because they had previously had several CF patients. They were amazingly good at listening to my about what I needed and how my cf was being affected ( or not) I did have one fellow that tried to treat me as an asthma patient, and told me I needed to use a peak flow meter. I didn't want to and told my cf doc, he said that's unneeded and put it in my chart. At one point they wanted to do songrams on my heart, but again my dr said if your lung disease was that advanced that it was affecting your heart we would know.
SO anyway, I was one of the healthiest patients in my practice, just normal random complications. With my son, no symptoms the entire pregnancy other than gaining weight and restless leg syndrome. But then I ended up with a c-section because after waiting almost an entire day he couldn't turn and was brow facing ( forcing him to deliver that way could damage his neck and facial bones) With my daughter, I was sick all day and night, anemic, and on iv's twice. But her delivery was so textbook ( vaginally) that I didn't see my ob until I was halfway thru pushing ( saw the residents) When I asked where my doc was they said "your doing better than all the other patients, she is with them, its a good thing"

ashleydog

I saw my cf clinic every 2 months and the high risk OB on a normal schedule. I only went to the high risk group because they had previously had several CF patients. They were amazingly good at listening to my about what I needed and how my cf was being affected ( or not) I did have one fellow that tried to treat me as an asthma patient, and told me I needed to use a peak flow meter. I didn't want to and told my cf doc, he said that's unneeded and put it in my chart. At one point they wanted to do songrams on my heart, but again my dr said if your lung disease was that advanced that it was affecting your heart we would know.
SO anyway, I was one of the healthiest patients in my practice, just normal random complications. With my son, no symptoms the entire pregnancy other than gaining weight and restless leg syndrome. But then I ended up with a c-section because after waiting almost an entire day he couldn't turn and was brow facing ( forcing him to deliver that way could damage his neck and facial bones) With my daughter, I was sick all day and night, anemic, and on iv's twice. But her delivery was so textbook ( vaginally) that I didn't see my ob until I was halfway thru pushing ( saw the residents) When I asked where my doc was they said "your doing better than all the other patients, she is with them, its a good thing"

ashleydog

ashleydog

ashleydog

<br />SO anyway, I was one of the healthiest patients in my practice, just normal random complications. With my son, no symptoms the entire pregnancy other than gaining weight and restless leg syndrome. But then I ended up with a c-section because after waiting almost an entire day he couldn't turn and was brow facing ( forcing him to deliver that way could damage his neck and facial bones) With my daughter, I was sick all day and night, anemic, and on iv's twice. But her delivery was so textbook ( vaginally) that I didn't see my ob until I was halfway thru pushing ( saw the residents) When I asked where my doc was they said "your doing better than all the other patients, she is with them, its a good thing"