does anyone have cfrd here?

philandas

HI
My son was diagnosed with cfrd 2 years ago, he has to take insulin. he hates needles to. he does fine with the finger pokes and shots. but you can try the insulin pump. then you only have to have a shot every 3 days or so. one of our friends have it and she loves it.then you only have to program in how many carbs you ate
Philanda

philandas

HI
My son was diagnosed with cfrd 2 years ago, he has to take insulin. he hates needles to. he does fine with the finger pokes and shots. but you can try the insulin pump. then you only have to have a shot every 3 days or so. one of our friends have it and she loves it.then you only have to program in how many carbs you ate
Philanda

philandas

HI
Philanda

philandas

HI
Philanda

philandas

HI
<br />My son was diagnosed with cfrd 2 years ago, he has to take insulin. he hates needles to. he does fine with the finger pokes and shots. but you can try the insulin pump. then you only have to have a shot every 3 days or so. one of our friends have it and she loves it.then you only have to program in how many carbs you ate
<br />Philanda

mm21missoula

hey, i'm 21 & I have CFRD and have for 2 yrs.! I remember when I was diagnosed it was devastating to me to have another thing to take care of health wise in my life. my husband gives me my shots nightly, he's better at it than me! testing is a pain but I'm trying to be grateful I have the means to get by semi-healthy. ya know?

mm21missoula

hey, i'm 21 & I have CFRD and have for 2 yrs.! I remember when I was diagnosed it was devastating to me to have another thing to take care of health wise in my life. my husband gives me my shots nightly, he's better at it than me! testing is a pain but I'm trying to be grateful I have the means to get by semi-healthy. ya know?

mm21missoula

mm21missoula

mm21missoula

hi, im 18 and i have had cfrd since i was 14. i was very scared and stubborn about doing anything to help myself. and i really havent taken the best care of myself since then. but i have the pump, i have had it for two years. it's much better than needles. but if your not taking care of yourelf when it comes to giving injection, and checking blood glucose levels, then the pump isn't going to do much for you. im just now taking my illness serious.

hi, im 18 and i have had cfrd since i was 14. i was very scared and stubborn about doing anything to help myself. and i really havent taken the best care of myself since then. but i have the pump, i have had it for two years. it's much better than needles. but if your not taking care of yourelf when it comes to giving injection, and checking blood glucose levels, then the pump isn't going to do much for you. im just now taking my illness serious.

upfrom31

Well im 19 and i was diagnosed with cfrd probably a little over three years now. At first they didnt make me do any insulin or anything because like you, they weren't sure if i needed to or not. They figured maybe i could control it by diet? Yeh smart for a cfer. Later i eventually had to be put on insulin, and to tell you the truth having cfrd astonished me. I didn't want to have anything to do with it. I had a hard enough time hiding my CF from my friends, how am i supposed to hide having this, with the insulin with meals and blood sugar tests? My health went through a downspin because i refused to treat this and now i regret that. When i was in the hospital this last july is when i finally got over the embarassment, when i had to talk to a psychologist. He made me understand that i shouldn't be ashamed that i had CF and CFRD, but rather embrace it as a challenge, because there is nothing i could do about it. Ever since then i have been able to tell whoever i wanted to about health issues without feeling comfortable. I guess the needles kind of bothered me at first as well, but now ive gotten used to it, and its a piece of cake now, so i would say its nothing to worry about. Ive found that if you check your blood suger on your palm by your thumb it hurts a hell of alot less than if you do it on your finger. Initially i was doing it on my arm, but i was told this was inacurate, but they refered me to the palm which works the best for me.

upfrom31

Well im 19 and i was diagnosed with cfrd probably a little over three years now. At first they didnt make me do any insulin or anything because like you, they weren't sure if i needed to or not. They figured maybe i could control it by diet? Yeh smart for a cfer. Later i eventually had to be put on insulin, and to tell you the truth having cfrd astonished me. I didn't want to have anything to do with it. I had a hard enough time hiding my CF from my friends, how am i supposed to hide having this, with the insulin with meals and blood sugar tests? My health went through a downspin because i refused to treat this and now i regret that. When i was in the hospital this last july is when i finally got over the embarassment, when i had to talk to a psychologist. He made me understand that i shouldn't be ashamed that i had CF and CFRD, but rather embrace it as a challenge, because there is nothing i could do about it. Ever since then i have been able to tell whoever i wanted to about health issues without feeling comfortable. I guess the needles kind of bothered me at first as well, but now ive gotten used to it, and its a piece of cake now, so i would say its nothing to worry about. Ive found that if you check your blood suger on your palm by your thumb it hurts a hell of alot less than if you do it on your finger. Initially i was doing it on my arm, but i was told this was inacurate, but they refered me to the palm which works the best for me.

upfrom31

upfrom31

upfrom31