Does anyone know of this group?

NoExcuses

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>AbbysMama</b></i>

The Onion is known for its inappropriate "news" articles and spoofs. Letterman and Leno sometimes pull fader for jokes from its pages.</end quote></div>

100% correct

NoExcuses

The Onion is known for its inappropriate "news" articles and spoofs. Letterman and Leno sometimes pull fader for jokes from its pages.</end quote></div>

100% correct

NoExcuses

100% correct

NoExcuses

The Onion is known for its inappropriate "news" articles and spoofs. Letterman and Leno sometimes pull fader for jokes from its pages.</end quote>

100% correct

NoExcuses

<br />
<br />The Onion is known for its inappropriate "news" articles and spoofs. Letterman and Leno sometimes pull fader for jokes from its pages.</end quote>
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />100% correct

AnD

That is...infuriating. Her justification that the people reading her work are basically too dense to get the satire is also insulting. Her comparision to make her case, using the Jonathan Swift writings, only serves to point out that she doesn't get the level of absurdity in that type of satire to make it work.

Swift's is a universal type of absurdity- only the people working "behind the scenes" to raise money in hope of improving/extending cf patients' lives would understand the absurdity of her example, but not necessarily the general public who would otherwise be moved to contribute time and money to our cause, and who may hesitate after reading this.

It only makes for a disservice to all who have worked so hard to make progress in the fight against CF through fundraising, and putting out a poor (if unintentional) image of nonprofit groups.

The handling of the topic was in poor taste, and in very poor taste in subject matter especially, since CF is not particularly well known, as, say, breast cancer, alzheimers, etc.. It only goes to prove that she is the one who is "dense" when it comes to living with a deadly, chronic disease.

AnD

That is...infuriating. Her justification that the people reading her work are basically too dense to get the satire is also insulting. Her comparision to make her case, using the Jonathan Swift writings, only serves to point out that she doesn't get the level of absurdity in that type of satire to make it work.

Swift's is a universal type of absurdity- only the people working "behind the scenes" to raise money in hope of improving/extending cf patients' lives would understand the absurdity of her example, but not necessarily the general public who would otherwise be moved to contribute time and money to our cause, and who may hesitate after reading this.

It only makes for a disservice to all who have worked so hard to make progress in the fight against CF through fundraising, and putting out a poor (if unintentional) image of nonprofit groups.

The handling of the topic was in poor taste, and in very poor taste in subject matter especially, since CF is not particularly well known, as, say, breast cancer, alzheimers, etc.. It only goes to prove that she is the one who is "dense" when it comes to living with a deadly, chronic disease.

AnD

AnD

AnD

<br />
<br /> Swift's is a universal type of absurdity- only the people working "behind the scenes" to raise money in hope of improving/extending cf patients' lives would understand the absurdity of her example, but not necessarily the general public who would otherwise be moved to contribute time and money to our cause, and who may hesitate after reading this.
<br />
<br />It only makes for a disservice to all who have worked so hard to make progress in the fight against CF through fundraising, and putting out a poor (if unintentional) image of nonprofit groups.
<br />
<br />The handling of the topic was in poor taste, and in very poor taste in subject matter especially, since CF is not particularly well known, as, say, breast cancer, alzheimers, etc.. It only goes to prove that she is the one who is "dense" when it comes to living with a deadly, chronic disease.

T

Terry

Thanks for clearing this up, I am glad this is supposed to be untrue, although it doesn't help how angry it makes me. I had a very bad CF day myself yesterday, so I was already touchy.

All I know is the people who did this have no heart or brains. They either don't know or don't care how hurtful this could be to our efforts or to the people who are living with or love someone who has CF.

I had a very difficult time sleeping last night because I couldn't get over that "drown in their own mucous" comment. They should have something in the article that tells people this is not a true news article. I wonder how many people have pulled this up just by doing a search for CF FUNDRAISING. It could be doing a lot of damage.

Sorry if I upset anyone.

Terry

T

Terry

Thanks for clearing this up, I am glad this is supposed to be untrue, although it doesn't help how angry it makes me. I had a very bad CF day myself yesterday, so I was already touchy.

All I know is the people who did this have no heart or brains. They either don't know or don't care how hurtful this could be to our efforts or to the people who are living with or love someone who has CF.

I had a very difficult time sleeping last night because I couldn't get over that "drown in their own mucous" comment. They should have something in the article that tells people this is not a true news article. I wonder how many people have pulled this up just by doing a search for CF FUNDRAISING. It could be doing a lot of damage.

Sorry if I upset anyone.

Terry

T

Terry

Sorry if I upset anyone.

Terry

T

Terry

Sorry if I upset anyone.

Terry

T

Terry

<br />
<br />All I know is the people who did this have no heart or brains. They either don't know or don't care how hurtful this could be to our efforts or to the people who are living with or love someone who has CF.
<br />
<br />I had a very difficult time sleeping last night because I couldn't get over that "drown in their own mucous" comment. They should have something in the article that tells people this is not a true news article. I wonder how many people have pulled this up just by doing a search for CF FUNDRAISING. It could be doing a lot of damage.
<br />
<br />Sorry if I upset anyone.
<br />
<br />Terry

miesl

It's the Onion for goodness sake. They do a pretty good job of offending/amusing everyone.

If you didn't notice the other articles linked on the page and realize it was satire, you really need to be more observant about what you read on the internet.

My Related/Recent Articles were...

<i>Mad Scientist's Plot Thwarted By Budget Cuts

Hey, Wasn't There Some Sort Of National Tragedy A Few Months Back?

Hungry Bears Defense Feeds On Soldier Field Crowd

Muslims To Boycott All Pope Merchandise

Flustered Bush Misses Air Force One Flight

Native Bostonians Unable To Defend Land From Invading College Students

Overjoyed Saints Fans Tear Roof Off Reopened Superdome

Nation Sickened By Sight Of Happy Young Couple

Report: Iranian Science Teachers May Be Enriching Students</i>

miesl

It's the Onion for goodness sake. They do a pretty good job of offending/amusing everyone.

If you didn't notice the other articles linked on the page and realize it was satire, you really need to be more observant about what you read on the internet.

miesl

miesl

miesl

<br />
<br />If you didn't notice the other articles linked on the page and realize it was satire, you really need to be more observant about what you read on the internet.
<br />
<br />My Related/Recent Articles were...
<br />
<br /><i>Mad Scientist's Plot Thwarted By Budget Cuts
<br />
<br />Hey, Wasn't There Some Sort Of National Tragedy A Few Months Back?
<br />
<br />Hungry Bears Defense Feeds On Soldier Field Crowd
<br />
<br />Muslims To Boycott All Pope Merchandise
<br />
<br />Flustered Bush Misses Air Force One Flight
<br />
<br />Native Bostonians Unable To Defend Land From Invading College Students
<br />
<br />Overjoyed Saints Fans Tear Roof Off Reopened Superdome
<br />
<br />Nation Sickened By Sight Of Happy Young Couple