Dr. John Mark, Stanford

kitomd21

Just curious which of you have children that are treated by Dr. John Mark at Stanford? Our daughter is seen at UC Davis, but Dr. Mark has been recommended to me as a "better" doctor. I have no direct experience with him, but am curious what treatments Stanford has recommended for your child. I've gathered that he's widely known in the CF community....

kitomd21

Just curious which of you have children that are treated by Dr. John Mark at Stanford? Our daughter is seen at UC Davis, but Dr. Mark has been recommended to me as a "better" doctor. I have no direct experience with him, but am curious what treatments Stanford has recommended for your child. I've gathered that he's widely known in the CF community....

kitomd21

kitomd21

kitomd21

<br />

RonnieSharpe

I had Dr Mark when he was in Tucson at the University Medical Center. I thoroughly enjoyed him and I think he is an excellent doctor.

Ronnie

RonnieSharpe

I had Dr Mark when he was in Tucson at the University Medical Center. I thoroughly enjoyed him and I think he is an excellent doctor.

Ronnie

RonnieSharpe

Ronnie

RonnieSharpe

Ronnie

RonnieSharpe

<br />
<br />Ronnie

kitomd21

I suppose I'm curious about how Stanford patients are treated in comparison to my daughter with UC Davis. Aside from her treatments (CPT 3x daily x 20 mins, albuterol inhaler, AquADEKS, enzymes), I was wondering if their protocol calls for adding anything beyond what we're already doing. I'm also curious about frequency of routine doctor visits, cultures, and other testing. As of now, Ellie has only had one culture, no scans, etc....and her doctor hesitates to actually run cultures unless there are concerning symptoms. I think he's trying to avoid antibiotics until necessary and doesn't want to "treat" her unless their is truly a problem (i.e., culturing certain bacteria may not actually mean anything unless she's symptomatic)....

Overall, I'm just curious how their "plan" differs from our current plan - since Dr. Mark is so revered, I was curious what his (or Stanford's) protocol may be....

kitomd21

I suppose I'm curious about how Stanford patients are treated in comparison to my daughter with UC Davis. Aside from her treatments (CPT 3x daily x 20 mins, albuterol inhaler, AquADEKS, enzymes), I was wondering if their protocol calls for adding anything beyond what we're already doing. I'm also curious about frequency of routine doctor visits, cultures, and other testing. As of now, Ellie has only had one culture, no scans, etc....and her doctor hesitates to actually run cultures unless there are concerning symptoms. I think he's trying to avoid antibiotics until necessary and doesn't want to "treat" her unless their is truly a problem (i.e., culturing certain bacteria may not actually mean anything unless she's symptomatic)....

Overall, I'm just curious how their "plan" differs from our current plan - since Dr. Mark is so revered, I was curious what his (or Stanford's) protocol may be....

kitomd21

kitomd21

kitomd21

<br />
<br />Overall, I'm just curious how their "plan" differs from our current plan - since Dr. Mark is so revered, I was curious what his (or Stanford's) protocol may be....