Dr. John Mark, Stanford

saveferris2009

i'd highly recommend consultations whenever you can do them.

you can always go to visit another clinic, without actually making it your CF center.

if you're curious, go do a consult. then you can make a choice as to what's best for you.

I've visited Minnesota, Cincinnati and Stanford for consults, and I've learned something from (wait, I take that back. I didn't learn anything from Cincinnati). But Cincinnati was because I was living there, not because I went out of my way for a consult.

saveferris2009

you can always go to visit another clinic, without actually making it your CF center.

if you're curious, go do a consult. then you can make a choice as to what's best for you.

I've visited Minnesota, Cincinnati and Stanford for consults, and I've learned something from (wait, I take that back. I didn't learn anything from Cincinnati). But Cincinnati was because I was living there, not because I went out of my way for a consult.

saveferris2009

saveferris2009

saveferris2009

<br />
<br />you can always go to visit another clinic, without actually making it your CF center.
<br />
<br />if you're curious, go do a consult. then you can make a choice as to what's best for you.
<br />
<br />I've visited Minnesota, Cincinnati and Stanford for consults, and I've learned something from (wait, I take that back. I didn't learn anything from Cincinnati). But Cincinnati was because I was living there, not because I went out of my way for a consult.

Nicole

We just went to clinic today. My son, who is 5, is seen every 3 months unless we would have other issues between clinic visits. At each visit he gets a throat culture, does PFT's, visits with the dr, dietitian, nurse, and resp therapist. Social work is also available if needed. Once a year he gets all his labs done along with a chest x-ray. Throat culture results are mailed to me with a few weeks. Our dr has not prescribed and antibiotics for the staph Danny routinely grows. She says that unless he is showing symptoms there's no need to treat. He does his vest 2x day for 30 minutes each time. They wrote the rx for him to get his vest when he was about 22 months old. He takes minimal meds, Creon, Vitamax, Vit K, Xopenex, Pulmozyme, and just today we decided to stop his Pepcid and see how he does. We did go to UCD when we first moved here. We only went to 2 visits--I knew after the first one that their clinic was not a good match for us. I am very happy with Stanford! For us it's well worth the drive.

Nicole

We just went to clinic today. My son, who is 5, is seen every 3 months unless we would have other issues between clinic visits. At each visit he gets a throat culture, does PFT's, visits with the dr, dietitian, nurse, and resp therapist. Social work is also available if needed. Once a year he gets all his labs done along with a chest x-ray. Throat culture results are mailed to me with a few weeks. Our dr has not prescribed and antibiotics for the staph Danny routinely grows. She says that unless he is showing symptoms there's no need to treat. He does his vest 2x day for 30 minutes each time. They wrote the rx for him to get his vest when he was about 22 months old. He takes minimal meds, Creon, Vitamax, Vit K, Xopenex, Pulmozyme, and just today we decided to stop his Pepcid and see how he does. We did go to UCD when we first moved here. We only went to 2 visits--I knew after the first one that their clinic was not a good match for us. I am very happy with Stanford! For us it's well worth the drive.

Nicole

Nicole

Nicole

m2ski

We do not see Dr. John Mark but another Dr.at Stanford. We have 2 CF clinics much closer to us and choose to go to Stanford because we feel the care our son receives is the best. It is worth the drive. The team and care at Stanford is amazing.

m2ski

We do not see Dr. John Mark but another Dr.at Stanford. We have 2 CF clinics much closer to us and choose to go to Stanford because we feel the care our son receives is the best. It is worth the drive. The team and care at Stanford is amazing.

m2ski

m2ski

m2ski