E-flow

Lizbeth

I rinse mine in warm soapy water, rinse again and then put all parts in one of those baby bottle sterilizers for about 30 minutes. I was told to not use tap water but to use distilled water. I occassionally soak the head in alcohol overnight.

Lizbeth

I rinse mine in warm soapy water, rinse again and then put all parts in one of those baby bottle sterilizers for about 30 minutes. I was told to not use tap water but to use distilled water. I occassionally soak the head in alcohol overnight.

Lizbeth

Lizbeth

Lizbeth

saveferris2009

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>mlshllmn</b></i>

One of the guys at Pharmaceutical Specialties (where I got my Eflow) explained to me how important it is to sterilize the nebulizer after each use. He said that tap water contains Pseudamonas bacteria. This means you could be breathing in bacteria if you rinse your equipment with water from the faucet. He recommended washing all the pieces including the aerosol head with warm soapy water (Joy dish washing liquid works well) then rinsing under the faucet. The important part is next, soaking all the pieces in alcohol for 5 minutes. Afterwards rinse with water that has been boiled. Let dry on a paper towel. Sometimes I just boil my equipment instead of soaking in alcohol, but I don't know if that is good for the equipment. Since I have been sterilizing it seems like I have had less infections. It does take more time cleaning everything. Does anyone else do this?</end quote></div>

Well done. Boiling or alcohol after EVERY use is essential.

Why do meds twice a day if you're just going to be breathing back in bacteria? No point.

saveferris2009

One of the guys at Pharmaceutical Specialties (where I got my Eflow) explained to me how important it is to sterilize the nebulizer after each use. He said that tap water contains Pseudamonas bacteria. This means you could be breathing in bacteria if you rinse your equipment with water from the faucet. He recommended washing all the pieces including the aerosol head with warm soapy water (Joy dish washing liquid works well) then rinsing under the faucet. The important part is next, soaking all the pieces in alcohol for 5 minutes. Afterwards rinse with water that has been boiled. Let dry on a paper towel. Sometimes I just boil my equipment instead of soaking in alcohol, but I don't know if that is good for the equipment. Since I have been sterilizing it seems like I have had less infections. It does take more time cleaning everything. Does anyone else do this?</end quote></div>

Why do meds twice a day if you're just going to be breathing back in bacteria? No point.

saveferris2009

saveferris2009

One of the guys at Pharmaceutical Specialties (where I got my Eflow) explained to me how important it is to sterilize the nebulizer after each use. He said that tap water contains Pseudamonas bacteria. This means you could be breathing in bacteria if you rinse your equipment with water from the faucet. He recommended washing all the pieces including the aerosol head with warm soapy water (Joy dish washing liquid works well) then rinsing under the faucet. The important part is next, soaking all the pieces in alcohol for 5 minutes. Afterwards rinse with water that has been boiled. Let dry on a paper towel. Sometimes I just boil my equipment instead of soaking in alcohol, but I don't know if that is good for the equipment. Since I have been sterilizing it seems like I have had less infections. It does take more time cleaning everything. Does anyone else do this?</end quote>

saveferris2009

<br />
<br />One of the guys at Pharmaceutical Specialties (where I got my Eflow) explained to me how important it is to sterilize the nebulizer after each use. He said that tap water contains Pseudamonas bacteria. This means you could be breathing in bacteria if you rinse your equipment with water from the faucet. He recommended washing all the pieces including the aerosol head with warm soapy water (Joy dish washing liquid works well) then rinsing under the faucet. The important part is next, soaking all the pieces in alcohol for 5 minutes. Afterwards rinse with water that has been boiled. Let dry on a paper towel. Sometimes I just boil my equipment instead of soaking in alcohol, but I don't know if that is good for the equipment. Since I have been sterilizing it seems like I have had less infections. It does take more time cleaning everything. Does anyone else do this?</end quote>
<br />
<br />
<br />Well done. Boiling or alcohol after EVERY use is essential.
<br />
<br />Why do meds twice a day if you're just going to be breathing back in bacteria? No point.

ladybug

This is similar to what I was told to do as well when I originally got my E-flow (with the exception of boiling it). This is also why I sent it back to the company within a few months. Yes, the treatment time is much faster but to me the cleaning and disinfecting took much longer than PARI LC Plus that you can throw in your dishwasher with the sanitize feature and/or BOIL.

I was actually told I absolutely could NOT BOIL the e-flow parts. Right then and there I decided its not for me.

ladybug

This is similar to what I was told to do as well when I originally got my E-flow (with the exception of boiling it). This is also why I sent it back to the company within a few months. Yes, the treatment time is much faster but to me the cleaning and disinfecting took much longer than PARI LC Plus that you can throw in your dishwasher with the sanitize feature and/or BOIL.

I was actually told I absolutely could NOT BOIL the e-flow parts. Right then and there I decided its not for me.

ladybug

ladybug

One of the guys at Pharmaceutical Specialties (where I got my Eflow) explained to me how important it is to sterilize the nebulizer after each use. He said that tap water contains Pseudamonas bacteria. This means you could be breathing in bacteria if you rinse your equipment with water from the faucet. He recommended washing all the pieces including the aerosol head with warm soapy water (Joy dish washing liquid works well) then rinsing under the faucet. The important part is next, soaking all the pieces in alcohol for 5 minutes. Afterwards rinse with water that has been boiled. Let dry on a paper towel. Sometimes I just boil my equipment instead of soaking in alcohol, but I don't know if that is good for the equipment. Since I have been sterilizing it seems like I have had less infections. It does take more time cleaning everything. Does anyone else do this?</end quote>

ladybug

<br />
<br />One of the guys at Pharmaceutical Specialties (where I got my Eflow) explained to me how important it is to sterilize the nebulizer after each use. He said that tap water contains Pseudamonas bacteria. This means you could be breathing in bacteria if you rinse your equipment with water from the faucet. He recommended washing all the pieces including the aerosol head with warm soapy water (Joy dish washing liquid works well) then rinsing under the faucet. The important part is next, soaking all the pieces in alcohol for 5 minutes. Afterwards rinse with water that has been boiled. Let dry on a paper towel. Sometimes I just boil my equipment instead of soaking in alcohol, but I don't know if that is good for the equipment. Since I have been sterilizing it seems like I have had less infections. It does take more time cleaning everything. Does anyone else do this?</end quote>
<br />
<br />This is similar to what I was told to do as well when I originally got my E-flow (with the exception of boiling it). This is also why I sent it back to the company within a few months. Yes, the treatment time is much faster but to me the cleaning and disinfecting took much longer than PARI LC Plus that you can throw in your dishwasher with the sanitize feature and/or BOIL.
<br />
<br />I was actually told I absolutely could NOT BOIL the e-flow parts. Right then and there I decided its not for me.
<br />
<br />

MOME2RT

wow, Ive been boiling Reeces e flow parts forever! But if I dont have time to boil I....rinse in hot water for 10 sec. clean in soapy water then use sterile water for final rinse & let air dry....sometimes I rinse under hot water for awhile, then put all parts in a bowl of alchol & swish around then air dry.

MOME2RT

wow, Ive been boiling Reeces e flow parts forever! But if I dont have time to boil I....rinse in hot water for 10 sec. clean in soapy water then use sterile water for final rinse & let air dry....sometimes I rinse under hot water for awhile, then put all parts in a bowl of alchol & swish around then air dry.

MOME2RT

MOME2RT

MOME2RT