Effect of Mold

mom2lillian

sensitivity to mold=asthma

the mold is probably CAUSING the asthma not the mold + now asthma.

also prednisone does not only work on 'asthma stuff' it is used to treat a wide variety of ailments caused by inflamation of any type. It is what is used to treat ABPA for instance.

the exposure to mold can be causing inflamation which will inflame lungs and mimic asthma (whether she has it or not it will just make it worse even if she did have it) the prednisone will fix that regardless of whether it is 'asthma' or mold exposure or other allergies.

mom2lillian

also prednisone does not only work on 'asthma stuff' it is used to treat a wide variety of ailments caused by inflamation of any type. It is what is used to treat ABPA for instance.

the exposure to mold can be causing inflamation which will inflame lungs and mimic asthma (whether she has it or not it will just make it worse even if she did have it) the prednisone will fix that regardless of whether it is 'asthma' or mold exposure or other allergies.

mom2lillian

mom2lillian

mom2lillian

mom2lillian

Mommy2Alysa

So you think that if we fix the mould issue (either by removing ALL of it, impossible I know, or by moving out of the house) her "asthma" could go away also?

I mean, it kills me thinking that I made her sicker. I finally got over the fact that she was born with CF and I could have done NOTHING different to prevent it but I am struggling with the fact that we are living in a house with mould in the basement and that THAT is making her sick....

I could just be thinking of the worst case scenerio but I would rather be thinking the worst and be pleasantly surprised to find out I was wrong then to go along thinking everything is perfect and be shocked to find out something serious... does that make sense?

Mommy2Alysa

So you think that if we fix the mould issue (either by removing ALL of it, impossible I know, or by moving out of the house) her "asthma" could go away also?

I mean, it kills me thinking that I made her sicker. I finally got over the fact that she was born with CF and I could have done NOTHING different to prevent it but I am struggling with the fact that we are living in a house with mould in the basement and that THAT is making her sick....

I could just be thinking of the worst case scenerio but I would rather be thinking the worst and be pleasantly surprised to find out I was wrong then to go along thinking everything is perfect and be shocked to find out something serious... does that make sense?

Mommy2Alysa

Mommy2Alysa

Mommy2Alysa

Mommy2Alysa

lightNlife

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Mommy2Alysa</b></i>

</end quote></div>

It's no guarantee, but it's a very very likely possibility that by moving the asthma symptoms will go away or at least improve dramatically.

I grew up on a farm--dust, hay, animal feces... in other words, TERRIBLE air quality. I had sinus infections constantly. When I moved from there to a city by the ocean, I couldn't believe the difference in how I felt, and how infrequently the infections became.

Please don't misunderstand and think that my parents were bad for bringing me up in that environment. There were a lot more positives about it than negatives (i.e. close family support and church, good school, my college, etc.). I'm not saying you need to go to the extreme and move to the coast either. What I do suggest is that you weigh the pros and cons, and decide what is best for your family's situation, your childrens' health, and your overall sanity and well being.

It's a tough decision. I'll be praying that the right door will open up for you in the right places and that you'll be able to resolve the issue in the best way possible.

lightNlife

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Mommy2Alysa</b></i>

</end quote></div>

It's no guarantee, but it's a very very likely possibility that by moving the asthma symptoms will go away or at least improve dramatically.

I grew up on a farm--dust, hay, animal feces... in other words, TERRIBLE air quality. I had sinus infections constantly. When I moved from there to a city by the ocean, I couldn't believe the difference in how I felt, and how infrequently the infections became.

Please don't misunderstand and think that my parents were bad for bringing me up in that environment. There were a lot more positives about it than negatives (i.e. close family support and church, good school, my college, etc.). I'm not saying you need to go to the extreme and move to the coast either. What I do suggest is that you weigh the pros and cons, and decide what is best for your family's situation, your childrens' health, and your overall sanity and well being.

It's a tough decision. I'll be praying that the right door will open up for you in the right places and that you'll be able to resolve the issue in the best way possible.

lightNlife

</end quote></div>

lightNlife

</end quote></div>

lightNlife

</end quote>

lightNlife

</end quote>

mom2lillian

<b>This is precisely how I feel. Even if it is not 100% gone it will be much much better. I do not feel it is a coicidence this startedhappening when you are living in this house, do you? You are the mom and have the inuition, all real world financial logic etc aside what does your gut tell you?</b>

<b>Don't feel guilty over this her having cf, like you said nothting you can do, as long as you do what you feel is best from your child from here on out that is the best gift you can give and more than most parents out there today of non cf'ers. As far as the house please see above comment</b>

Yes. I think you are looking at this the right way, you cant over state the seriousness of the situation in my opinion.</end quote></div>

I am with lightNlife I too lived in some homes, one of which was a farm that greatly affected my breathing. When I lived on a farm we also had wood burning heat! No joke. There were no filters just dusty smokey heat. Not surprisingly this is when I started having rael problems as a teen and landing in hopsital with 'asthma' bronchitis allergies etc etc.

mom2lillian

<b>This is precisely how I feel. Even if it is not 100% gone it will be much much better. I do not feel it is a coicidence this startedhappening when you are living in this house, do you? You are the mom and have the inuition, all real world financial logic etc aside what does your gut tell you?</b>

<b>Don't feel guilty over this her having cf, like you said nothting you can do, as long as you do what you feel is best from your child from here on out that is the best gift you can give and more than most parents out there today of non cf'ers. As far as the house please see above comment</b>

Yes. I think you are looking at this the right way, you cant over state the seriousness of the situation in my opinion.</end quote></div>

I am with lightNlife I too lived in some homes, one of which was a farm that greatly affected my breathing. When I lived on a farm we also had wood burning heat! No joke. There were no filters just dusty smokey heat. Not surprisingly this is when I started having rael problems as a teen and landing in hopsital with 'asthma' bronchitis allergies etc etc.