Effect of Mold

mom2lillian

I just read your post about your research you did regarding that child and the house he/she lived in. That is terrible and that is why I am so adement about dealing with this. I dont think my in-laws understand how serious mold is in general but also how bad it is for people with CF or how serious CF is for that matter, he just doesnt get it.

Referring to your earlier post it sounds as if you are in the right frame of mind. Don tlet the otehrs around you change your feelings. You are the mom and know 100% what is best for your child, hurt feelings be dam$ed but maybe you can print out some articles on mold and CF and show them to your family and husband?

mom2lillian

I just read your post about your research you did regarding that child and the house he/she lived in. That is terrible and that is why I am so adement about dealing with this. I dont think my in-laws understand how serious mold is in general but also how bad it is for people with CF or how serious CF is for that matter, he just doesnt get it.

Referring to your earlier post it sounds as if you are in the right frame of mind. Don tlet the otehrs around you change your feelings. You are the mom and know 100% what is best for your child, hurt feelings be dam$ed but maybe you can print out some articles on mold and CF and show them to your family and husband?

Mommy2Alysa

Oh my gosh, I totally forgot you said that mould can cause asythma because now her respirologist thinks she has that also!

My husband cut the mould out of the basement but I dont think it fixed the problem as the leak is still there (he was unable to fix that as of yet).

I feel really bad and I dont intentionally mean to be putting my daughter, and unborn daughter, in harms way. I should have mentioned this when I was at her CF clinic appt the other day. She is going back to the respirologist on Wednesday of next week to find out if she has asythma or not and i will mention the mould to him then....

I feel like crying this is all so overwhelming and I dont know how I am going to do this "day by day" stuff with another little CFer. I feel like as soon as I get Alysa under control I wil have to go through all this again with the next one...

Thank you all soooooo much for your help!

Mommy2Alysa

Oh my gosh, I totally forgot you said that mould can cause asythma because now her respirologist thinks she has that also!

My husband cut the mould out of the basement but I dont think it fixed the problem as the leak is still there (he was unable to fix that as of yet).

I feel really bad and I dont intentionally mean to be putting my daughter, and unborn daughter, in harms way. I should have mentioned this when I was at her CF clinic appt the other day. She is going back to the respirologist on Wednesday of next week to find out if she has asythma or not and i will mention the mould to him then....

I feel like crying this is all so overwhelming and I dont know how I am going to do this "day by day" stuff with another little CFer. I feel like as soon as I get Alysa under control I wil have to go through all this again with the next one...

Mommy2Alysa

Mommy2Alysa

Mommy2Alysa

Mommy2Alysa

mom2lillian

mommy3alysa-you have a very good attitude about this all. Try not to overstress yourself as that wont be good for the pregnancy or you! It is poissible if you call your CF clinic they might have resources available to help you. I know there have been poeple at my clinc to recive assistance with environmental monitoring, heating etc. Myabe explain the situation you are in.

mom2lillian

mommy3alysa-you have a very good attitude about this all. Try not to overstress yourself as that wont be good for the pregnancy or you! It is poissible if you call your CF clinic they might have resources available to help you. I know there have been poeple at my clinc to recive assistance with environmental monitoring, heating etc. Myabe explain the situation you are in.

mom2lillian

mom2lillian

mom2lillian

mom2lillian

Mommy2Alysa

We did phone/email our centre and all they did was give us links as to what effect mould could possibly have on her due to her CF. But that was before her having possible asthma (which Ithink she does because her prednazone seems to be working and it only works on asthma stuff).

She is going to her respirologist agian on Wednesday for a follow up and I will be sure to mention the mould issue again as I am SURE it is causing a problem.

Mommy2Alysa

We did phone/email our centre and all they did was give us links as to what effect mould could possibly have on her due to her CF. But that was before her having possible asthma (which Ithink she does because her prednazone seems to be working and it only works on asthma stuff).

She is going to her respirologist agian on Wednesday for a follow up and I will be sure to mention the mould issue again as I am SURE it is causing a problem.

Mommy2Alysa

Mommy2Alysa

Mommy2Alysa

Mommy2Alysa