Effect of Mold

mom2lillian

the exposure to mold can be causing the 'asthma' seriously you have to get out of there, no two ways about it. Either you have it professionally removed which will more than likely reqire you to move out for a period of time or you ove out - period!

I am sorry I do not know baout your finances but even if you have to live in a less than ideal situation--erphas with his parents it will be better than the damage you may be doing to her lungs. Please, I am begginnign you, one of the ways a CF'er develops ABAP which seriously complicates CF is chronic mold exposure. There is a HUGE difference between environmental exposure and living in ahouse full of it.

mom2lillian

the exposure to mold can be causing the 'asthma' seriously you have to get out of there, no two ways about it. Either you have it professionally removed which will more than likely reqire you to move out for a period of time or you ove out - period!

I am sorry I do not know baout your finances but even if you have to live in a less than ideal situation--erphas with his parents it will be better than the damage you may be doing to her lungs. Please, I am begginnign you, one of the ways a CF'er develops ABAP which seriously complicates CF is chronic mold exposure. There is a HUGE difference between environmental exposure and living in ahouse full of it.

mom2lillian

mom2lillian

lightNlife

I agree with Mom2Lillian. Finances aside, consider it an investment. You'll save LOTS of $ on meds in the long run, especially if your child develops ABPA. I have that (it's an allergic response to mold) and I have NEVER been able to get my asthma reaction back under control. My blood work shows IgE numbers that are HUGE. (IgE is a measure of whether you're body is experiencing an allergic reaction). 100 is considered high--my level is 4,000! And the meds just to maintain that level are very expensive. So expensive that insurance needs a letter from my doctor justifying the med every time I need a refill. It's a lot of hassle.

If I can be of any help with finding resources to abate the mold, perhaps even some sort of financial assistance through an environmental justice program, please let me know.

Again, consider it an investment to change things. You can't put a $ amount on anyone's life. I'd hate to see you have to spend money on legal fees or something if CPS or some other authorities knew you were willingly endangering your child by staying there.

I'm not saying your doing a bad job as a parent. You're just the victim of truly lousy circumstances in a number of ways. I hope you'll be able to find the resources you need to resolve the problem in a way that's best for the health side of things. Egos and hurt feelings be dam*ed.

lightNlife

I agree with Mom2Lillian. Finances aside, consider it an investment. You'll save LOTS of $ on meds in the long run, especially if your child develops ABPA. I have that (it's an allergic response to mold) and I have NEVER been able to get my asthma reaction back under control. My blood work shows IgE numbers that are HUGE. (IgE is a measure of whether you're body is experiencing an allergic reaction). 100 is considered high--my level is 4,000! And the meds just to maintain that level are very expensive. So expensive that insurance needs a letter from my doctor justifying the med every time I need a refill. It's a lot of hassle.

If I can be of any help with finding resources to abate the mold, perhaps even some sort of financial assistance through an environmental justice program, please let me know.

Again, consider it an investment to change things. You can't put a $ amount on anyone's life. I'd hate to see you have to spend money on legal fees or something if CPS or some other authorities knew you were willingly endangering your child by staying there.

I'm not saying your doing a bad job as a parent. You're just the victim of truly lousy circumstances in a number of ways. I hope you'll be able to find the resources you need to resolve the problem in a way that's best for the health side of things. Egos and hurt feelings be dam*ed.

lightNlife

lightNlife

lightNlife

lightNlife

mom2lillian

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>lightNlife</b></i>

I'm not saying your doing a bad job as a parent. You're just the victim of truly lousy circumstances in a number of ways. I hope you'll be able to find the resources you need to resolve the problem in a way that's best for the health side of things. Egos and hurt feelings be dam*ed.</end quote></div>

I agree 100% couldnt have said it better. Please take her up on the help to find if you need it. I also have ABPA and it along with its ramifications causes me more problems than my CF.

mom2lillian

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>lightNlife</b></i>

I'm not saying your doing a bad job as a parent. You're just the victim of truly lousy circumstances in a number of ways. I hope you'll be able to find the resources you need to resolve the problem in a way that's best for the health side of things. Egos and hurt feelings be dam*ed.</end quote></div>

I agree 100% couldnt have said it better. Please take her up on the help to find if you need it. I also have ABPA and it along with its ramifications causes me more problems than my CF.

mom2lillian

mom2lillian

mom2lillian

I'm not saying your doing a bad job as a parent. You're just the victim of truly lousy circumstances in a number of ways. I hope you'll be able to find the resources you need to resolve the problem in a way that's best for the health side of things. Egos and hurt feelings be dam*ed.</end quote>

mom2lillian

I'm not saying your doing a bad job as a parent. You're just the victim of truly lousy circumstances in a number of ways. I hope you'll be able to find the resources you need to resolve the problem in a way that's best for the health side of things. Egos and hurt feelings be dam*ed.</end quote>

mom2lillian

I just read your post about your research you did regarding that child and the house he/she lived in. That is terrible and that is why I am so adement about dealing with this. I dont think my in-laws understand how serious mold is in general but also how bad it is for people with CF or how serious CF is for that matter, he just doesnt get it.

Referring to your earlier post it sounds as if you are in the right frame of mind. Don tlet the otehrs around you change your feelings. You are the mom and know 100% what is best for your child, hurt feelings be dam$ed but maybe you can print out some articles on mold and CF and show them to your family and husband?

mom2lillian

I just read your post about your research you did regarding that child and the house he/she lived in. That is terrible and that is why I am so adement about dealing with this. I dont think my in-laws understand how serious mold is in general but also how bad it is for people with CF or how serious CF is for that matter, he just doesnt get it.

Referring to your earlier post it sounds as if you are in the right frame of mind. Don tlet the otehrs around you change your feelings. You are the mom and know 100% what is best for your child, hurt feelings be dam$ed but maybe you can print out some articles on mold and CF and show them to your family and husband?

mom2lillian

mom2lillian