Emergency!!!

Dmeneses

my 20 month old has no more enzymes for the next 2 days due to a extremely fustrating situation with my insurance. she has run out of emergency supply given to us by her center. it is the weekend and no one can help me. what do i do? any advice pleeaase....

Dmeneses

my 20 month old has no more enzymes for the next 2 days due to a extremely fustrating situation with my insurance. she has run out of emergency supply given to us by her center. it is the weekend and no one can help me. what do i do? any advice pleeaase....

Dmeneses

Dmeneses

Dmeneses

M

Mommafirst

I'm not sure. There are "natural" enzymes available at health food stores, but I'm not sure if these are the best choice to try out on a toddler.

How severe is your daughter's pancreatic insufficiency? Before enzymes were available, CF kids were encouraged to eat low fat diets to avoid the stomach issues, so maybe you can offer low fat choices for the next two days to get by???

Good luck!!

M

Mommafirst

I'm not sure. There are "natural" enzymes available at health food stores, but I'm not sure if these are the best choice to try out on a toddler.

How severe is your daughter's pancreatic insufficiency? Before enzymes were available, CF kids were encouraged to eat low fat diets to avoid the stomach issues, so maybe you can offer low fat choices for the next two days to get by???

Good luck!!

M

Mommafirst

Good luck!!

M

Mommafirst

Good luck!!

M

Mommafirst

<br />
<br />How severe is your daughter's pancreatic insufficiency? Before enzymes were available, CF kids were encouraged to eat low fat diets to avoid the stomach issues, so maybe you can offer low fat choices for the next two days to get by???
<br />
<br />Good luck!!

Giggles

There are always a doctor on call even on the weekend, I would think you can call the anwersing service and tell them you need a script called into your local pharmacy.

Good luck

Jennifer 37 with CF and CFRD

Giggles

There are always a doctor on call even on the weekend, I would think you can call the anwersing service and tell them you need a script called into your local pharmacy.

Good luck

Giggles

Good luck

Giggles

Good luck

Giggles

<br />
<br />Good luck
<br />
<br />Jennifer 37 with CF and CFRD

hmw

I would call the on-call dr, ask them to call in a script and then have the pharmacy only fill a couple days' worth for you. Paying for a few days' worth out of pocket won't be much more expensive than buying those health food store enzymes and you'll know your child is getting what she needs.

I'm so sorry you are in this situation!

hmw

I would call the on-call dr, ask them to call in a script and then have the pharmacy only fill a couple days' worth for you. Paying for a few days' worth out of pocket won't be much more expensive than buying those health food store enzymes and you'll know your child is getting what she needs.

hmw

hmw

hmw

<br />
<br />I'm so sorry you are in this situation!
<br />
<br />