Exercise Motivation

hbollotte

What can I say, I need help on finding motivation to exercise. You would think my daughter and husband would make me motivated to exercise, but I just can't find it. What would be an easy way to start off? I know my FEV1 would sky rocket if I just did cardio. Any ideas???

hbollotte

What can I say, I need help on finding motivation to exercise. You would think my daughter and husband would make me motivated to exercise, but I just can't find it. What would be an easy way to start off? I know my FEV1 would sky rocket if I just did cardio. Any ideas???

hbollotte

hbollotte

hbollotte

crystalina0814

I am the worst person to respond right now, just because I havn't been following through for about 2 months....

But, in the past I have found the exercising as a family...or joining a Y or fitness club that offer's free babysitting is a HUGE help!

I have taken a break because I do not want my little ones around other kids with this H1n1 stuff going around...but I will be back in the game after flu season!!

crystalina0814

I am the worst person to respond right now, just because I havn't been following through for about 2 months....

But, in the past I have found the exercising as a family...or joining a Y or fitness club that offer's free babysitting is a HUGE help!

I have taken a break because I do not want my little ones around other kids with this H1n1 stuff going around...but I will be back in the game after flu season!!

crystalina0814

crystalina0814

crystalina0814

<br />
<br />But, in the past I have found the exercising as a family...or joining a Y or fitness club that offer's free babysitting is a HUGE help!
<br />
<br />I have taken a break because I do not want my little ones around other kids with this H1n1 stuff going around...but I will be back in the game after flu season!!

rubyroselee

Hi Haley,

I have been sitting on my butt now for over a year now, ever since my first son was born. I just felt like I was too busy to take on the added responsibility of working out. I was always involved in organized sports prior to kids, like soccer or softball, but when you don't have a babysitter it's hard. So what I've done is found a gym that has a daycare and I take the kids there with me. My goal is to work out twice a week (that's all the time I can put aside for working out right now) and it's been going well so far! I do the eliptical machine for 30 mins and then I do weights afterwards.

My motivation was that I wanted to feel better about myself. Plus, with the colder weather here I'm not working outside as much and I really was feeling couped up in the house all the time. I want to be in better health for my kids and for myself. My motivation was really being able to feel good about myself and not feeling guilty when I come home and sit on my butt at night. Now I can do that without feeling bad because I'm working out.

But I think you have to find something that you like. Do you like classes, like step classes, kickboxing, etc? Maybe that would be fun for you. I love doing those types of classes and that really motivates me. Hopefully you can find something you like!

rubyroselee

Hi Haley,

I have been sitting on my butt now for over a year now, ever since my first son was born. I just felt like I was too busy to take on the added responsibility of working out. I was always involved in organized sports prior to kids, like soccer or softball, but when you don't have a babysitter it's hard. So what I've done is found a gym that has a daycare and I take the kids there with me. My goal is to work out twice a week (that's all the time I can put aside for working out right now) and it's been going well so far! I do the eliptical machine for 30 mins and then I do weights afterwards.

My motivation was that I wanted to feel better about myself. Plus, with the colder weather here I'm not working outside as much and I really was feeling couped up in the house all the time. I want to be in better health for my kids and for myself. My motivation was really being able to feel good about myself and not feeling guilty when I come home and sit on my butt at night. Now I can do that without feeling bad because I'm working out.

But I think you have to find something that you like. Do you like classes, like step classes, kickboxing, etc? Maybe that would be fun for you. I love doing those types of classes and that really motivates me. Hopefully you can find something you like!

rubyroselee

Hi Haley,

rubyroselee

Hi Haley,

rubyroselee

Hi Haley,
<br />
<br />I have been sitting on my butt now for over a year now, ever since my first son was born. I just felt like I was too busy to take on the added responsibility of working out. I was always involved in organized sports prior to kids, like soccer or softball, but when you don't have a babysitter it's hard. So what I've done is found a gym that has a daycare and I take the kids there with me. My goal is to work out twice a week (that's all the time I can put aside for working out right now) and it's been going well so far! I do the eliptical machine for 30 mins and then I do weights afterwards.
<br />
<br />My motivation was that I wanted to feel better about myself. Plus, with the colder weather here I'm not working outside as much and I really was feeling couped up in the house all the time. I want to be in better health for my kids and for myself. My motivation was really being able to feel good about myself and not feeling guilty when I come home and sit on my butt at night. Now I can do that without feeling bad because I'm working out.
<br />
<br />But I think you have to find something that you like. Do you like classes, like step classes, kickboxing, etc? Maybe that would be fun for you. I love doing those types of classes and that really motivates me. Hopefully you can find something you like!

mom2lillian

My motivation is thinking about my family and how much I love them and want to be here for them. I know its all about doing things to prevent problems so I try to keep that in mind. I also as weird as it sounds visualize my airways filling with goo. One other thing if I am having a hard time is I remind myself of those who have lost their battle or who are unable to physically do much due to being on a vent or other problem and think how fortunate I am to be ABLE to excercise.

that's just me but that is what is getting me geared up now as I sit here trying to psych myself up to get on the elliptical.

oh and also figuring out what sort of workout you like.

here is somethign I found recently you can do at home:

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://cftoo.blogspot.com/2009/12/bosu-training.html">http://cftoo.blogspot.com/2009/12/bosu-training.html</a>

mom2lillian

My motivation is thinking about my family and how much I love them and want to be here for them. I know its all about doing things to prevent problems so I try to keep that in mind. I also as weird as it sounds visualize my airways filling with goo. One other thing if I am having a hard time is I remind myself of those who have lost their battle or who are unable to physically do much due to being on a vent or other problem and think how fortunate I am to be ABLE to excercise.

that's just me but that is what is getting me geared up now as I sit here trying to psych myself up to get on the elliptical.

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://cftoo.blogspot.com/2009/12/bosu-training.html">http://cftoo.blogspot.com/2009/12/bosu-training.html</a>

mom2lillian

mom2lillian

mom2lillian

<br />
<br />that's just me but that is what is getting me geared up now as I sit here trying to psych myself up to get on the elliptical.
<br />
<br />oh and also figuring out what sort of workout you like.
<br />
<br />here is somethign I found recently you can do at home:
<br />
<br /><a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://cftoo.blogspot.com/2009/12/bosu-training.html">http://cftoo.blogspot.com/2009/12/bosu-training.html</a>