Exercise Motivation

Lance2020x

It's interesting you posted this now, as I've had the same realization that I need to get back to working out. I used to dance all the time, and did weights on top of that, then when I quit everything just stopped... I've kind of picked up weights for a few weeks here and there... tried jogging... etc. But never stuck with it because I didn't "have" to.

However I realized over the past month that this is my body and I only get one... and I really can't be foolish enough to NOT work out. Plus.... a friend jokingly reminded me how long I've been single, and that kind of shocked me into inspiration that I need to get back in 'the game' :-D
I'm starting as soon as I get back home from California. We'll see how it goes this time around!

On a side note, all the times I HAVE been good about working out, I find it's VERY helpful to work out at a certain time each day. Like you work out early in the morning every day, and that's your workout time, period. I like that because it forces me to get to bed at a decent time, because if I don't have enough sleep in me, jogging just DOESN'T work.

Lance2020x

It's interesting you posted this now, as I've had the same realization that I need to get back to working out. I used to dance all the time, and did weights on top of that, then when I quit everything just stopped... I've kind of picked up weights for a few weeks here and there... tried jogging... etc. But never stuck with it because I didn't "have" to.

However I realized over the past month that this is my body and I only get one... and I really can't be foolish enough to NOT work out. Plus.... a friend jokingly reminded me how long I've been single, and that kind of shocked me into inspiration that I need to get back in 'the game' :-D
I'm starting as soon as I get back home from California. We'll see how it goes this time around!

On a side note, all the times I HAVE been good about working out, I find it's VERY helpful to work out at a certain time each day. Like you work out early in the morning every day, and that's your workout time, period. I like that because it forces me to get to bed at a decent time, because if I don't have enough sleep in me, jogging just DOESN'T work.

Lance2020x

Lance2020x

Lance2020x

<br />
<br />However I realized over the past month that this is my body and I only get one... and I really can't be foolish enough to NOT work out. Plus.... a friend jokingly reminded me how long I've been single, and that kind of shocked me into inspiration that I need to get back in 'the game' :-D
<br />I'm starting as soon as I get back home from California. We'll see how it goes this time around!
<br />
<br />On a side note, all the times I HAVE been good about working out, I find it's VERY helpful to work out at a certain time each day. Like you work out early in the morning every day, and that's your workout time, period. I like that because it forces me to get to bed at a decent time, because if I don't have enough sleep in me, jogging just DOESN'T work.

theLostMiler

I myself, like working out at home. I tend to "not give it my all" when in the presence of strangers... in fact I dont even like my mom around me when I am working out. what i mean is ill hold my coughs in, not really push myself to go all out... I would get embarrassed by how easily i start breathing heavy at a public gym. plus i can work out when i havent taken a shower and am all yucky... so i dont have to worry about looking good out in public. (i myself have hit a wall though, but will be getting back into it soon, I better anyways. It does help b/c i have a supportive bf and mom that ask me if ive done anything... accountability)

another thing, is I recently started using o2 for exhurtion so thats easier at home as well.

If you havent seen the work out schedule thing on ronnies blog, take a look...

I have a crappy treadmill I got from a friend that was moving, allt hat works is the belt haha. But i just have that set up and the work out schedule is MWF... I modiefied it, though, but it gave me an idea of where to start.

anyways, just my two cents.

theLostMiler

I myself, like working out at home. I tend to "not give it my all" when in the presence of strangers... in fact I dont even like my mom around me when I am working out. what i mean is ill hold my coughs in, not really push myself to go all out... I would get embarrassed by how easily i start breathing heavy at a public gym. plus i can work out when i havent taken a shower and am all yucky... so i dont have to worry about looking good out in public. (i myself have hit a wall though, but will be getting back into it soon, I better anyways. It does help b/c i have a supportive bf and mom that ask me if ive done anything... accountability)

another thing, is I recently started using o2 for exhurtion so thats easier at home as well.

I have a crappy treadmill I got from a friend that was moving, allt hat works is the belt haha. But i just have that set up and the work out schedule is MWF... I modiefied it, though, but it gave me an idea of where to start.

theLostMiler

theLostMiler

theLostMiler

<br />
<br />another thing, is I recently started using o2 for exhurtion so thats easier at home as well.
<br />
<br />If you havent seen the work out schedule thing on ronnies blog, take a look...
<br />
<br />I have a crappy treadmill I got from a friend that was moving, allt hat works is the belt haha. But i just have that set up and the work out schedule is MWF... I modiefied it, though, but it gave me an idea of where to start.
<br />
<br />anyways, just my two cents.