failed PICC attempts

serendipity730

I have had bruises before with failed PICC insertion attempts. One time, I think they stuck me like 6 times before they got it in. I have been getting my PICC through interventional radiology for about 10 years now. Just like everything else...your experience will be as good as the person who is inserting the PICC. I am down to one arm without too much scar tissue for a PICC, so I am getting a port.

serendipity730

I have had bruises before with failed PICC insertion attempts. One time, I think they stuck me like 6 times before they got it in. I have been getting my PICC through interventional radiology for about 10 years now. Just like everything else...your experience will be as good as the person who is inserting the PICC. I am down to one arm without too much scar tissue for a PICC, so I am getting a port.

serendipity730

serendipity730

serendipity730

Rokiss12

I got a HUGEE bruise from my elbow up my arm once when i got my PICC placed and it was hard for them to get it. Dont know much else- my arms arent great for PICCs. hope this kinda helps..

Rokiss12

I got a HUGEE bruise from my elbow up my arm once when i got my PICC placed and it was hard for them to get it. Dont know much else- my arms arent great for PICCs. hope this kinda helps..

Rokiss12

Rokiss12

Rokiss12

cynth

My son is 12 and he has had many picc lines. We have always had good results with them until recently. The last picc he had was done in radiology and we had so much trouble with it after 3 trips to er the finally put a stich in it because it was bleeding and keeping the area moist. We normally have it put in in surgery after a bronch and those always do much better the put it in the bend of his arm. The only problem we had there was after a week and a half sometimes the line will get a pinch in it because he like to move alot and play. We have had smoe bruising but always seems to get better quickly. Good luck and we will pray for you.

cynth

My son is 12 and he has had many picc lines. We have always had good results with them until recently. The last picc he had was done in radiology and we had so much trouble with it after 3 trips to er the finally put a stich in it because it was bleeding and keeping the area moist. We normally have it put in in surgery after a bronch and those always do much better the put it in the bend of his arm. The only problem we had there was after a week and a half sometimes the line will get a pinch in it because he like to move alot and play. We have had smoe bruising but always seems to get better quickly. Good luck and we will pray for you.

cynth

cynth

cynth

musclemania70

This may not be an option for you but the VERY WORST part about every hospitalization for me was getting a picc. I was so scared and I HATED it so much. Not to mention half the time they couldn't find a vein, stuck me repeatedly and even broke at the incision point after it was placed. I asked around about PORTs and it has been the best decision I have made. I know it may not be the answer but it certainly made things MUCH easier for me and so much more PAINLESS. And I hardly even know its there. AND GOING IN THE HOSPITAL IS A BREEZE.

musclemania70

This may not be an option for you but the VERY WORST part about every hospitalization for me was getting a picc. I was so scared and I HATED it so much. Not to mention half the time they couldn't find a vein, stuck me repeatedly and even broke at the incision point after it was placed. I asked around about PORTs and it has been the best decision I have made. I know it may not be the answer but it certainly made things MUCH easier for me and so much more PAINLESS. And I hardly even know its there. AND GOING IN THE HOSPITAL IS A BREEZE.

musclemania70

musclemania70

musclemania70