female related

ashmomo

I only chose it cuz my doctor recommended it over the 'permanent' method. The new one...can't think of the name right now.
But I just went with him and tried this. Have had no problems. I don't have CF, my daughters do...so it had nothing to do with the effects towards CF issues. LOVE the lightened to no periods also!

ashmomo

I only chose it cuz my doctor recommended it over the 'permanent' method. The new one...can't think of the name right now.
But I just went with him and tried this. Have had no problems. I don't have CF, my daughters do...so it had nothing to do with the effects towards CF issues. LOVE the lightened to no periods also!

ashmomo

ashmomo

ashmomo

<br />But I just went with him and tried this. Have had no problems. I don't have CF, my daughters do...so it had nothing to do with the effects towards CF issues. LOVE the lightened to no periods also!

hmw

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>The copper IUD can cause increased bleeding, which as I mentioned above, was not something I needed.</end quote></div>
I can agree with that! The first few months after it was placed I had longer, heavier periods than usual. Fortunately, this did go away and my periods resumed their usual pattern after a few months.

hmw

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>The copper IUD can cause increased bleeding, which as I mentioned above, was not something I needed.</end quote></div>
I can agree with that! The first few months after it was placed I had longer, heavier periods than usual. Fortunately, this did go away and my periods resumed their usual pattern after a few months.

hmw

hmw

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>The copper IUD can cause increased bleeding, which as I mentioned above, was not something I needed.</end quote>

hmw

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>The copper IUD can cause increased bleeding, which as I mentioned above, was not something I needed.</end quote>
<br />I can agree with that! The first few months after it was placed I had longer, heavier periods than usual. Fortunately, this did go away and my periods resumed their usual pattern after a few months.

littletally

Thanks everyone! I'm still on the fence about it but I will ask my obgyn more about it. The easier thing would be either to just have a baby or not be able to at all!!

I am really not that unhealthy but my cf clinic won't let me be on any drugs ex. tobi while trying to get prego and that just didn't work well with my body. So I don't know. I know alot of you were able to take it so I don't know if it's just my clinic or what.

But anywho thanks again for the info!!

Nikki
30/cf

littletally

Thanks everyone! I'm still on the fence about it but I will ask my obgyn more about it. The easier thing would be either to just have a baby or not be able to at all!!

I am really not that unhealthy but my cf clinic won't let me be on any drugs ex. tobi while trying to get prego and that just didn't work well with my body. So I don't know. I know alot of you were able to take it so I don't know if it's just my clinic or what.

Nikki
30/cf

littletally

Nikki
30/cf

littletally

Nikki
30/cf

littletally

<br />
<br />I am really not that unhealthy but my cf clinic won't let me be on any drugs ex. tobi while trying to get prego and that just didn't work well with my body. So I don't know. I know alot of you were able to take it so I don't know if it's just my clinic or what.
<br />
<br />But anywho thanks again for the info!!
<br />
<br />Nikki
<br />30/cf

LouLou

I was interested in the IUD because of it being non-hormonal because I don't think adding hormones to our bodies is beneficial and I was having increased cyclic hemoptysis. So...the Mirena was not considered once I heard it delivered a low dose of hormone to the system. I tried to Paraguard (the copper IUD) and have been very happy with it. Granted I do have heavy periods, but no cramping. Not even PMS cramps! I only get my period around every 5-6 weeks since with the IUD. They do not numb you for insertion. Do follow the instructions of getting it placed WHILE on your period this will reduce pain. There was a small cramp when the measure my uterus length and then another when they placed it. Really not a big deal. Oh and I didn't have spotting after the first hr.

LouLou

I was interested in the IUD because of it being non-hormonal because I don't think adding hormones to our bodies is beneficial and I was having increased cyclic hemoptysis. So...the Mirena was not considered once I heard it delivered a low dose of hormone to the system. I tried to Paraguard (the copper IUD) and have been very happy with it. Granted I do have heavy periods, but no cramping. Not even PMS cramps! I only get my period around every 5-6 weeks since with the IUD. They do not numb you for insertion. Do follow the instructions of getting it placed WHILE on your period this will reduce pain. There was a small cramp when the measure my uterus length and then another when they placed it. Really not a big deal. Oh and I didn't have spotting after the first hr.

LouLou

LouLou

LouLou