Finally Diagnosed!!

Alyssa

Wow Tina, it sound's like you have had a difficult time... you are doing great ! Keep up the good work and keep us posted.

Alyssa

Wow Tina, it sound's like you have had a difficult time... you are doing great ! Keep up the good work and keep us posted.

Alyssa

Alyssa

Alyssa

holmfamily1992

The only thing I am concerned about right now is getting all his meds. My insurance still wont cover the cost. When the ball starts rolling, I shouldnt have anymore problems right?? Or is this something I should get used to?

Here's a question for you long timers, Have any of you ever got your insurance to cover the cost of high cal supplement drinks like Carnation Plus?? He has tried the Scandishake and Hates it. I have to admitt it doesnt take very good. but he like the Carnation and its packed with 300-500 cals!!

Thanks,
Tina

holmfamily1992

The only thing I am concerned about right now is getting all his meds. My insurance still wont cover the cost. When the ball starts rolling, I shouldnt have anymore problems right?? Or is this something I should get used to?

Here's a question for you long timers, Have any of you ever got your insurance to cover the cost of high cal supplement drinks like Carnation Plus?? He has tried the Scandishake and Hates it. I have to admitt it doesnt take very good. but he like the Carnation and its packed with 300-500 cals!!

Thanks,
Tina

holmfamily1992

Thanks,
Tina

holmfamily1992

Thanks,
Tina

holmfamily1992

<br />
<br />Here's a question for you long timers, Have any of you ever got your insurance to cover the cost of high cal supplement drinks like Carnation Plus?? He has tried the Scandishake and Hates it. I have to admitt it doesnt take very good. but he like the Carnation and its packed with 300-500 cals!!
<br />
<br />Thanks,
<br />Tina

Alyssa

If your only problem with the prescription coverage is pre-authorization (they just need a form filled out by the doctor once a year) then, yes -- once things get rolling you shouldn't have a problem. If you have really low maximums and there is not coverage for the drugs then, that is a different story. Keep on them and keep asking for an explanation of why they aren't being covered.... again if you need help with things like that, ask someone at the clinic... either the nurse or social worker.

We don't have to deal with a lot of supplements and enzymes -- but from what I've read on other posts over the years, people do not generally get the insurance companies to pay for anything that is not prescription.... I really do not think you will get them to even consider Carnation drinks. I do think that some people keep track of or are able to use all the additional medical and food expenses as a tax right off though.

Alyssa

If your only problem with the prescription coverage is pre-authorization (they just need a form filled out by the doctor once a year) then, yes -- once things get rolling you shouldn't have a problem. If you have really low maximums and there is not coverage for the drugs then, that is a different story. Keep on them and keep asking for an explanation of why they aren't being covered.... again if you need help with things like that, ask someone at the clinic... either the nurse or social worker.

We don't have to deal with a lot of supplements and enzymes -- but from what I've read on other posts over the years, people do not generally get the insurance companies to pay for anything that is not prescription.... I really do not think you will get them to even consider Carnation drinks. I do think that some people keep track of or are able to use all the additional medical and food expenses as a tax right off though.

Alyssa

Alyssa

Alyssa

<br />
<br />We don't have to deal with a lot of supplements and enzymes -- but from what I've read on other posts over the years, people do not generally get the insurance companies to pay for anything that is not prescription.... I really do not think you will get them to even consider Carnation drinks. I do think that some people keep track of or are able to use all the additional medical and food expenses as a tax right off though.

C

Cherylwithone

First let me start off by saying.....Iam sorry you are going through so much. I do hope things get better for you.
I have gotten my daughters insurance to pay for high calorie drinks. She gets the Scandishake chocolate and adds ice cream to it. But she also gets ensure by the cases.The insurance company pays for both. Her GI doctor wrote a letter stating her failure to thrive and the fact we had already done TPN and it just was'nt enough. SHe also does overnight feeds. And eats all day. Her calorie burn is really high. This is what I have learned about insurance companys. You need to make alot of noise!!!!! If you don't fight they won't give. Sometimes it is really hard but I alway keep in mind this is my child that we are talking about.

THis is a great site. I don't stress as much as before because I know that there are other parents going through what Iam going through. Somehow it does make it easier.

Keep us posted.

Cheryl mom to Malora 15yr w/cf

C

Cherylwithone

First let me start off by saying.....Iam sorry you are going through so much. I do hope things get better for you.
I have gotten my daughters insurance to pay for high calorie drinks. She gets the Scandishake chocolate and adds ice cream to it. But she also gets ensure by the cases.The insurance company pays for both. Her GI doctor wrote a letter stating her failure to thrive and the fact we had already done TPN and it just was'nt enough. SHe also does overnight feeds. And eats all day. Her calorie burn is really high. This is what I have learned about insurance companys. You need to make alot of noise!!!!! If you don't fight they won't give. Sometimes it is really hard but I alway keep in mind this is my child that we are talking about.

THis is a great site. I don't stress as much as before because I know that there are other parents going through what Iam going through. Somehow it does make it easier.

Keep us posted.

C

Cherylwithone

Keep us posted.

C

Cherylwithone

Keep us posted.

C

Cherylwithone

<br />I have gotten my daughters insurance to pay for high calorie drinks. She gets the Scandishake chocolate and adds ice cream to it. But she also gets ensure by the cases.The insurance company pays for both. Her GI doctor wrote a letter stating her failure to thrive and the fact we had already done TPN and it just was'nt enough. SHe also does overnight feeds. And eats all day. Her calorie burn is really high. This is what I have learned about insurance companys. You need to make alot of noise!!!!! If you don't fight they won't give. Sometimes it is really hard but I alway keep in mind this is my child that we are talking about.
<br />
<br />THis is a great site. I don't stress as much as before because I know that there are other parents going through what Iam going through. Somehow it does make it easier.
<br />
<br />Keep us posted.
<br />
<br />Cheryl mom to Malora 15yr w/cf