Finally Diagnosed!!

leelumlm

I am sorry that you are going through this. It is hard to believe but there will come a time when all of this will be normal and not so overwhelming. You are right about the fact that your friends don't understand. Something that frustrates me so much is when my little one is sick and on some many treatments I try to vent to some of my friends and family and thier response is "I Know" All I want to do is scream NO YOU DON'T YOU HAVE NO IDEA!! that is why I am so thankful for this forum because people here really do understand. I don't even need to post in order to get the support I need so despartely. GOOD LUCK and we are here for you

leelumlm

I am sorry that you are going through this. It is hard to believe but there will come a time when all of this will be normal and not so overwhelming. You are right about the fact that your friends don't understand. Something that frustrates me so much is when my little one is sick and on some many treatments I try to vent to some of my friends and family and thier response is "I Know" All I want to do is scream NO YOU DON'T YOU HAVE NO IDEA!! that is why I am so thankful for this forum because people here really do understand. I don't even need to post in order to get the support I need so despartely. GOOD LUCK and we are here for you

leelumlm

leelumlm

leelumlm

holmfamily1992

Thanks you all for all your help and words of encouragement.

We see his Ped tomorrow and I will discuss with him nutrional supplements. He is a good Ped so hopefully he can help. I will keep you posted.

How did you guys handle sickness within your own home. Over the weekend I could feel that I was starting to get sick and of course had to work. Now its full boat bronchitis and I insist that Dylan stay at least 3 feet away from me. He understands that I dont want him sick so he does and I ask. Its so tough. I dont want him to feel alienated. but I also dont want him to end up in the Hospitol.

holmfamily1992

We see his Ped tomorrow and I will discuss with him nutrional supplements. He is a good Ped so hopefully he can help. I will keep you posted.

How did you guys handle sickness within your own home. Over the weekend I could feel that I was starting to get sick and of course had to work. Now its full boat bronchitis and I insist that Dylan stay at least 3 feet away from me. He understands that I dont want him sick so he does and I ask. Its so tough. I dont want him to feel alienated. but I also dont want him to end up in the Hospitol.

holmfamily1992

holmfamily1992

holmfamily1992

<br />
<br />We see his Ped tomorrow and I will discuss with him nutrional supplements. He is a good Ped so hopefully he can help. I will keep you posted.
<br />
<br />How did you guys handle sickness within your own home. Over the weekend I could feel that I was starting to get sick and of course had to work. Now its full boat bronchitis and I insist that Dylan stay at least 3 feet away from me. He understands that I dont want him sick so he does and I ask. Its so tough. I dont want him to feel alienated. but I also dont want him to end up in the Hospitol.

C

Cherylwithone

We re going through that right now. I got a really bad infection. If Malora gets it, it will wipe her out. She would need a PICC line and all. My doctor who knows the health issues with her put me on antibiotics right away. Purell and I are best friends and I wipe everything down including door knobs. We also do the 3 foot rule. It's hard because my daughter and I are very close. Alot of it is common sense. I don't go into her bedroom while sick. Nor does she go into mine. Washing hands is a must. The kids to get the hang of it after awhile and know it's not them but the CF that is the concern. I think it is harder on the moms because of the guilt you feel if you do get them sick.

Hang in there. It does get better becuase everything becomes second nature after awhile.

Cheryl mom to Malora 15 w/cf

C

Cherylwithone

We re going through that right now. I got a really bad infection. If Malora gets it, it will wipe her out. She would need a PICC line and all. My doctor who knows the health issues with her put me on antibiotics right away. Purell and I are best friends and I wipe everything down including door knobs. We also do the 3 foot rule. It's hard because my daughter and I are very close. Alot of it is common sense. I don't go into her bedroom while sick. Nor does she go into mine. Washing hands is a must. The kids to get the hang of it after awhile and know it's not them but the CF that is the concern. I think it is harder on the moms because of the guilt you feel if you do get them sick.

Hang in there. It does get better becuase everything becomes second nature after awhile.

C

Cherylwithone

C

Cherylwithone

C

Cherylwithone

<br />
<br />Hang in there. It does get better becuase everything becomes second nature after awhile.
<br />
<br />Cheryl mom to Malora 15 w/cf

holmfamily1992

Sometimes I think dylan doesnt quite understand how sick he can get. I know he is still young and right now this isnt as real as it could be to him. He jokes about getting sick and will try to kiss me. I know he doesnt mean anything by it but its still hard. I think he has got to much spoiling so he kinda looks forward to getting sick just to get that extra attention. Little stinker...

Tina

holmfamily1992

Sometimes I think dylan doesnt quite understand how sick he can get. I know he is still young and right now this isnt as real as it could be to him. He jokes about getting sick and will try to kiss me. I know he doesnt mean anything by it but its still hard. I think he has got to much spoiling so he kinda looks forward to getting sick just to get that extra attention. Little stinker...

Tina

holmfamily1992

Tina

holmfamily1992

Tina

holmfamily1992

<br />
<br />Tina