first bronchoscopy

NYCLawGirl

they use conscious sedation at my hospital too -- i remember bits and pieces (one of which is the fact that i tried to talk during it, which didn't work too well!), but no pain or even discomfort really. the numbing meds for the airways are given in neb form, so that's a bit unpleasant b/c they have a nasty taste. after that, it's really easy.

you may have a sore throat for the rest of the afternoon. for me it was kind of a scratchy feeling, like i wanted something hot to drink. but i came home and mostly wanted to sleep off the meds anyway. i had it done in the morning and went to a casual dinner with family that night with no problem.

NYCLawGirl

they use conscious sedation at my hospital too -- i remember bits and pieces (one of which is the fact that i tried to talk during it, which didn't work too well!), but no pain or even discomfort really. the numbing meds for the airways are given in neb form, so that's a bit unpleasant b/c they have a nasty taste. after that, it's really easy.

you may have a sore throat for the rest of the afternoon. for me it was kind of a scratchy feeling, like i wanted something hot to drink. but i came home and mostly wanted to sleep off the meds anyway. i had it done in the morning and went to a casual dinner with family that night with no problem.

NYCLawGirl

NYCLawGirl

NYCLawGirl

<br />
<br />you may have a sore throat for the rest of the afternoon. for me it was kind of a scratchy feeling, like i wanted something hot to drink. but i came home and mostly wanted to sleep off the meds anyway. i had it done in the morning and went to a casual dinner with family that night with no problem.

izemmom

Emily had her first bronch/endo combo in December, the day before we left for Disney. She was still a bit groggy and out of it later that afternoon, but she insisted on attending her dance class. By the time we got on the plane the next morning, she was absolutly fine!

We were told to watch for a slight fever, as that apparantly happens following a bronch, but she never developed one.

Good Luck!

izemmom

Emily had her first bronch/endo combo in December, the day before we left for Disney. She was still a bit groggy and out of it later that afternoon, but she insisted on attending her dance class. By the time we got on the plane the next morning, she was absolutly fine!

We were told to watch for a slight fever, as that apparantly happens following a bronch, but she never developed one.

Good Luck!

izemmom

Good Luck!

izemmom

Good Luck!

izemmom

<br />
<br />We were told to watch for a slight fever, as that apparantly happens following a bronch, but she never developed one.
<br />
<br />Good Luck!

kitomd21

How often are bronchs recommended? Debbie - every 3 months?! Ellie hasn't had one yet. I remember reading somewhere on the forums that there is always concern for introduction of bacteria during a bronch - wouldn't a quarterly bronch seem risky? I know they have their place...but I'll really feel out of the loop if they should be performed every 3 months, yet we haven't gone through a single one yet!

kitomd21

How often are bronchs recommended? Debbie - every 3 months?! Ellie hasn't had one yet. I remember reading somewhere on the forums that there is always concern for introduction of bacteria during a bronch - wouldn't a quarterly bronch seem risky? I know they have their place...but I'll really feel out of the loop if they should be performed every 3 months, yet we haven't gone through a single one yet!

kitomd21

kitomd21

kitomd21

tesorotiffa

I had my first one last summer. I was pretty sick at the time, and my doc was concerned that afterwards I would probably cough alot and such because they're in their messing around with stuff and moving the mucus around! The worst part for me was that I had to suck some numbing gel into the back of my throat through my nose, and it was awful. I then had to do a linocaine/lidocaine breathing treatment to numb my throat even more. The meds the doc gave me through my iv pretty much knocked me out of reality while the procedure was happening. I never felt a thing, and I never had any coughing issues afterwards.

tesorotiffa

I had my first one last summer. I was pretty sick at the time, and my doc was concerned that afterwards I would probably cough alot and such because they're in their messing around with stuff and moving the mucus around! The worst part for me was that I had to suck some numbing gel into the back of my throat through my nose, and it was awful. I then had to do a linocaine/lidocaine breathing treatment to numb my throat even more. The meds the doc gave me through my iv pretty much knocked me out of reality while the procedure was happening. I never felt a thing, and I never had any coughing issues afterwards.

tesorotiffa

tesorotiffa

tesorotiffa