For all of you marijuana users

Emily65Roses

1. I'd like to know if he smoked it or ate it.
2. It's only a problem if you intend to get a tx.
3. I think it's really stupid it's a problem at all. If it was just an infection he was prone to (not due to marijuana use), no one would give half a sh*t. They're only holding it against him because it's a possible infection brought on from marijuana use. Legal or not (and in most cases it's not), people are @ssholes about it.

I'm not criticizing you, btw. Just pointing out my problems with the article.

Emily65Roses

3. I think it's really stupid it's a problem at all. If it was just an infection he was prone to (not due to marijuana use), no one would give half a sh*t. They're only holding it against him because it's a possible infection brought on from marijuana use. Legal or not (and in most cases it's not), people are @ssholes about it.

Emily65Roses

Emily65Roses

Emily65Roses

<br />2. It's only a problem if you intend to get a tx.
<br />3. I think it's really stupid it's a problem at all. If it was just an infection he was prone to (not due to marijuana use), no one would give half a sh*t. They're only holding it against him because it's a possible infection brought on from marijuana use. Legal or not (and in most cases it's not), people are @ssholes about it.
<br />
<br />I'm not criticizing you, btw. Just pointing out my problems with the article.

Faust

Not to mention there are several ways to injest THC, not just smoking it. THC taken other than smoking would probably help out quite a few CF's that we have on this site.

I just got done watching Super High Me, and while I do not partake in mary jane, (and I knew this ahead of time but this movie reminded me of it) I think it's complete BS how the federal government supersedes anything the states pass law wise. Absolute crap. I know it works both ways, as in school segregation etc, but i'm willing to take a few negative hits to let states decide by their people, what they want to make law.

When a state has it's people pass a law allowing strict regulation of medical marijuana, and then the DEA totally ignores that and raids the legal dispensaries and deprives their clients of a legal avenue for their marijuana, it is just flat out wrong.

That's the Republican coming out in me. State rights over federal law all day long.

Faust

Not to mention there are several ways to injest THC, not just smoking it. THC taken other than smoking would probably help out quite a few CF's that we have on this site.

I just got done watching Super High Me, and while I do not partake in mary jane, (and I knew this ahead of time but this movie reminded me of it) I think it's complete BS how the federal government supersedes anything the states pass law wise. Absolute crap. I know it works both ways, as in school segregation etc, but i'm willing to take a few negative hits to let states decide by their people, what they want to make law.

When a state has it's people pass a law allowing strict regulation of medical marijuana, and then the DEA totally ignores that and raids the legal dispensaries and deprives their clients of a legal avenue for their marijuana, it is just flat out wrong.

That's the Republican coming out in me. State rights over federal law all day long.

Faust

Faust

Faust

<br />
<br />
<br />I just got done watching Super High Me, and while I do not partake in mary jane, (and I knew this ahead of time but this movie reminded me of it) I think it's complete BS how the federal government supersedes anything the states pass law wise. Absolute crap. I know it works both ways, as in school segregation etc, but i'm willing to take a few negative hits to let states decide by their people, what they want to make law.
<br />
<br />When a state has it's people pass a law allowing strict regulation of medical marijuana, and then the DEA totally ignores that and raids the legal dispensaries and deprives their clients of a legal avenue for their marijuana, it is just flat out wrong.
<br />
<br />That's the Republican coming out in me. State rights over federal law all day long.
<br />

Sevenstars

This whole article is stupid.

On one hand, I want to say "too bad" to this guy because he did do lots of recreational drugs, which even he thinks is what made him sick in the first place. It would be like giving a set of lungs to a smoker over a sick CF kid, imo.

On the other hand, the laws surrounding the usage of marijuana are ridiculous to begin with, and now they are even rejecting people based on medical usage of it? This guy isn't really a good example, but I would feel pretty angry if some poor cancer patient or something was denied treatment because they had taken marijuana prescribed by their doctor.

At the risk of writing a novel, I'll stop here.

Sevenstars

On one hand, I want to say "too bad" to this guy because he did do lots of recreational drugs, which even he thinks is what made him sick in the first place. It would be like giving a set of lungs to a smoker over a sick CF kid, imo.

On the other hand, the laws surrounding the usage of marijuana are ridiculous to begin with, and now they are even rejecting people based on medical usage of it? This guy isn't really a good example, but I would feel pretty angry if some poor cancer patient or something was denied treatment because they had taken marijuana prescribed by their doctor.

Sevenstars

Sevenstars

Sevenstars

<br />
<br />On one hand, I want to say "too bad" to this guy because he did do lots of recreational drugs, which even he thinks is what made him sick in the first place. It would be like giving a set of lungs to a smoker over a sick CF kid, imo.
<br />
<br />On the other hand, the laws surrounding the usage of marijuana are ridiculous to begin with, and now they are even rejecting people based on medical usage of it? This guy isn't really a good example, but I would feel pretty angry if some poor cancer patient or something was denied treatment because they had taken marijuana prescribed by their doctor.
<br />
<br />At the risk of writing a novel, I'll stop here.

Faust

Yeah in California back in the 90's they past a law saying if your doctor writes you a prescription for it due to medical necessity (chronic pain, cancer, glaucoma, etc) you go and get an official state license, licensing you to go to a store called a dispensary that verifies your information/prescription and you can buy their clean marijuana. The government doesn't like the fact that marijuana is this country's TOP agricultural cash crop, at a little over 10 billion revenue per year, which if it were properly taxed would have raked in 1-2 billion in revenue for the country. So since they can't get in on the action, they send in the DEA to constantly raid these dispensaries and shut them down. It's all about the 10th amendment, which is pretty convoluted, but the feds claim no matter what the people of a particular state pass via voting on a proposed law, they inevitably have the last and final word and can change it (abortion, marijuana, same sex marriage, etc).

So in essence, regardless what the people of a particular state agree on and vote into law, the federal government can come in and make you do what they want. It's a total sham, regardless what the topic is. Each state should have the unquestioned right to vote on any issue they please, and set their own laws.

Faust

Yeah in California back in the 90's they past a law saying if your doctor writes you a prescription for it due to medical necessity (chronic pain, cancer, glaucoma, etc) you go and get an official state license, licensing you to go to a store called a dispensary that verifies your information/prescription and you can buy their clean marijuana. The government doesn't like the fact that marijuana is this country's TOP agricultural cash crop, at a little over 10 billion revenue per year, which if it were properly taxed would have raked in 1-2 billion in revenue for the country. So since they can't get in on the action, they send in the DEA to constantly raid these dispensaries and shut them down. It's all about the 10th amendment, which is pretty convoluted, but the feds claim no matter what the people of a particular state pass via voting on a proposed law, they inevitably have the last and final word and can change it (abortion, marijuana, same sex marriage, etc).

So in essence, regardless what the people of a particular state agree on and vote into law, the federal government can come in and make you do what they want. It's a total sham, regardless what the topic is. Each state should have the unquestioned right to vote on any issue they please, and set their own laws.

Faust

Faust

Faust

<br />
<br />So in essence, regardless what the people of a particular state agree on and vote into law, the federal government can come in and make you do what they want. It's a total sham, regardless what the topic is. Each state should have the unquestioned right to vote on any issue they please, and set their own laws.
<br />
<br />