For all of you marijuana users

Faust

Not to mention people use high end vaporizers now. From what I have gathered, that gets rid of everything besides the chemical components of the smoke. I don't know how any fungus/mold spores could survive being vaporized. You put in the gang, turn on the machine, and vapors out the end...From the doc that I saw, people attach big plastic bags to the end and then breath from that. Also, there are several ways to get the benefit from medical mari jane without inhaling the stuff. You can eat all kinds of pot novelties (candy bars, ice cream, frozen stuff, candy, etc). And they also offer the stuff in pure form in capsule form.

I don't use the stuff for professional career reasons, but if I was worse off CF wise and didn't work in the field I work in/they didn't do drug testing, I would be using the stuff quite a bit. I don't blame anyone for using the stuff, even for recreation. Our government has really big testicles to condemn something natural that grows out of the ground that makes people mellow and actually has medicinal qualities, and allows something as destructive as alcohol to be freely consumed. That's a whole other thread though.

Faust

Not to mention people use high end vaporizers now. From what I have gathered, that gets rid of everything besides the chemical components of the smoke. I don't know how any fungus/mold spores could survive being vaporized. You put in the gang, turn on the machine, and vapors out the end...From the doc that I saw, people attach big plastic bags to the end and then breath from that. Also, there are several ways to get the benefit from medical mari jane without inhaling the stuff. You can eat all kinds of pot novelties (candy bars, ice cream, frozen stuff, candy, etc). And they also offer the stuff in pure form in capsule form.

I don't use the stuff for professional career reasons, but if I was worse off CF wise and didn't work in the field I work in/they didn't do drug testing, I would be using the stuff quite a bit. I don't blame anyone for using the stuff, even for recreation. Our government has really big testicles to condemn something natural that grows out of the ground that makes people mellow and actually has medicinal qualities, and allows something as destructive as alcohol to be freely consumed. That's a whole other thread though.

Faust

Faust

Faust

<br />
<br />I don't use the stuff for professional career reasons, but if I was worse off CF wise and didn't work in the field I work in/they didn't do drug testing, I would be using the stuff quite a bit. I don't blame anyone for using the stuff, even for recreation. Our government has really big testicles to condemn something natural that grows out of the ground that makes people mellow and actually has medicinal qualities, and allows something as destructive as alcohol to be freely consumed. That's a whole other thread though.
<br />
<br />
<br />

Emily65Roses

According to the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA), which is a government agency, drugs are put in Schedule categories. According to the DEA website:
(1) Schedule I. -
(A) The drug or other substance has a high potential for abuse.
(B) The drug or other substance has no currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States.
(C) There is a lack of accepted safety for use of the drug or other substance under medical supervision.

(2) Schedule II. -
(B) The drug or other substance has a currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States or a currently accepted medical use with severe restrictions.
(C) Abuse of the drug or other substances may lead to severe psychological or physical dependence.

The point here is:
Marijuana is a Schedule I drug.

Examples of Schedule II drugs include:
Cocaine
Methamphetamines (crank, speed, etc.)
Opiates
PCP
Morphine

Basically... Schedule Is are more dangerous, and have NO accepted medical use. Schedule IIs are still dangerous, but have accepted medical use with restrictions. And marijuana is a schedule I. Marijuana is more dangerous and less useful than cocaine, meth, opium, and PCP, among others (according to the DEA). Frickin ridiculous, if you ask me.

Emily65Roses

According to the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA), which is a government agency, drugs are put in Schedule categories. According to the DEA website:
(1) Schedule I. -
(B) The drug or other substance has no currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States.
(C) There is a lack of accepted safety for use of the drug or other substance under medical supervision.

(2) Schedule II. -
(B) The drug or other substance has a currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States or a currently accepted medical use with severe restrictions.
(C) Abuse of the drug or other substances may lead to severe psychological or physical dependence.

The point here is:

Cocaine
Opiates
PCP
Morphine

Basically... Schedule Is are more dangerous, and have NO accepted medical use. Schedule IIs are still dangerous, but have accepted medical use with restrictions. And marijuana is a schedule I. Marijuana is more dangerous and less useful than cocaine, meth, opium, and PCP, among others (according to the DEA). Frickin ridiculous, if you ask me.

Emily65Roses

(1) Schedule I. -

(2) Schedule II. -

The point here is:

Cocaine
Opiates
PCP
Morphine

Emily65Roses

(1) Schedule I. -

(2) Schedule II. -

The point here is:

Cocaine
Opiates
PCP
Morphine

Emily65Roses

<br />(1) Schedule I. -
<br /> (A) The drug or other substance has a high potential for abuse.
<br /> (B) The drug or other substance has no currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States.
<br /> (C) There is a lack of accepted safety for use of the drug or other substance under medical supervision.
<br />
<br />(2) Schedule II. -
<br /> (A) The drug or other substance has a high potential for abuse.
<br /> (B) The drug or other substance has a currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States or a currently accepted medical use with severe restrictions.
<br /> (C) Abuse of the drug or other substances may lead to severe psychological or physical dependence.
<br />
<br />
<br />The point here is:
<br />Marijuana is a Schedule I drug.
<br />
<br />Examples of Schedule II drugs include:
<br />Cocaine
<br />Methamphetamines (crank, speed, etc.)
<br />Opiates
<br />PCP
<br />Morphine
<br />
<br />Basically... Schedule Is are more dangerous, and have NO accepted medical use. Schedule IIs are still dangerous, but have accepted medical use with restrictions. And marijuana is a schedule I. Marijuana is more dangerous and less useful than cocaine, meth, opium, and PCP, among others (according to the DEA). Frickin ridiculous, if you ask me.

my65roses4me

I did not start this thread to debate the usage of marijuana. You all have gone off on a tangent.

I simply posted this so cfers are aware that they are denying transplants to patients that use this drug and all illegal drugs.

Please dont turn this into a debate about its efficacy. I dont want others not to read the article thinking that its about government against drugs.
UNOS is not government.

my65roses4me

I did not start this thread to debate the usage of marijuana. You all have gone off on a tangent.

I simply posted this so cfers are aware that they are denying transplants to patients that use this drug and all illegal drugs.

Please dont turn this into a debate about its efficacy. I dont want others not to read the article thinking that its about government against drugs.
UNOS is not government.

my65roses4me

UNOS is not government.

my65roses4me

UNOS is not government.

my65roses4me

<br />
<br />I simply posted this so cfers are aware that they are denying transplants to patients that use this drug and all illegal drugs.
<br />
<br />Please dont turn this into a debate about its efficacy. I dont want others not to read the article thinking that its about government against drugs.
<br />UNOS is not government.

Emily65Roses

Yes, but UNOS is a non-profit organization. If they expect to get any widespread acceptance (donations, etc.), they're pretty much obliged to follow federal law. As such, the government keeping marijuana illegal applies. And I can't speak for anyone else (though I'd imagine some are along the same lines), but I flat out disagree with that policy on both the part of the US government and UNOS (though I don't blame UNOS, I blame the government).

Emily65Roses

Yes, but UNOS is a non-profit organization. If they expect to get any widespread acceptance (donations, etc.), they're pretty much obliged to follow federal law. As such, the government keeping marijuana illegal applies. And I can't speak for anyone else (though I'd imagine some are along the same lines), but I flat out disagree with that policy on both the part of the US government and UNOS (though I don't blame UNOS, I blame the government).

Emily65Roses

Emily65Roses

Emily65Roses