For all of you marijuana users

CaliSally

I saw a similar article in the paper yesterday.

It does suck that he had used drugs in the past. Had that not been the case, I wonder if his dr's would be a little more lenient with the rules. This is the problem medical marijauna poses at time with some patients - the stigma.

Emily's right - there is so much sh*t that could happen to this patient from tx alone, why worry about the little things?

Though, I understand the "rules" for tx - NO ONE wants to see the organs "go to waste" especially the family of the donors.

There is just a lot more work and research to do on legal marijauna, in the meantime.

CaliSally

It does suck that he had used drugs in the past. Had that not been the case, I wonder if his dr's would be a little more lenient with the rules. This is the problem medical marijauna poses at time with some patients - the stigma.

Emily's right - there is so much sh*t that could happen to this patient from tx alone, why worry about the little things?

Though, I understand the "rules" for tx - NO ONE wants to see the organs "go to waste" especially the family of the donors.

There is just a lot more work and research to do on legal marijauna, in the meantime.

CaliSally

CaliSally

CaliSally

<br />
<br />It does suck that he had used drugs in the past. Had that not been the case, I wonder if his dr's would be a little more lenient with the rules. This is the problem medical marijauna poses at time with some patients - the stigma.
<br />
<br />Emily's right - there is so much sh*t that could happen to this patient from tx alone, why worry about the little things?
<br />
<br />Though, I understand the "rules" for tx - NO ONE wants to see the organs "go to waste" especially the family of the donors.
<br />
<br />There is just a lot more work and research to do on legal marijauna, in the meantime.

Emily65Roses

I actually just did a report on that law in California. It was passed in 1996, and it doesn't even require WRITTEN consent from a doctor. It can be written or oral. And as you were saying, SD, the federal government can come in and stomp their feet and arrest the person anyway because of the federal laws. Stupid stupid.

Emily65Roses

I actually just did a report on that law in California. It was passed in 1996, and it doesn't even require WRITTEN consent from a doctor. It can be written or oral. And as you were saying, SD, the federal government can come in and stomp their feet and arrest the person anyway because of the federal laws. Stupid stupid.

Emily65Roses

Emily65Roses

Emily65Roses

Faust

Ah ok. In the recent documentary Super High Me the guy in question had to go and he had to demonstrate back pain (but we all know how easy that can be), and he had to have an actual license like a drivers license, and a prescription to get the stuff at the dispensary. Maybe things slightly changed before or after. Regardless, the federal government sucks big time.

Big brother dictating what the people will do, over what the majority of people have decided on. That's the farthest thing from freedom.

Faust

Ah ok. In the recent documentary Super High Me the guy in question had to go and he had to demonstrate back pain (but we all know how easy that can be), and he had to have an actual license like a drivers license, and a prescription to get the stuff at the dispensary. Maybe things slightly changed before or after. Regardless, the federal government sucks big time.

Big brother dictating what the people will do, over what the majority of people have decided on. That's the farthest thing from freedom.

Faust

Faust

Faust

<br />
<br />
<br />Big brother dictating what the people will do, over what the majority of people have decided on. That's the farthest thing from freedom.
<br />
<br />

CaliSally

Pot should be the least of the Feds concerns. Some believe a marijauna high is the same as a crack high. NEVER. Pot is a "mood mellower" not one that "amps" People don't commit horrible crimes on pot, like they do on other substances.

But back to the original topic,
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>my65roses4me</b></i>
"The drugs patients take to help their bodies accept a new organ increase the risk of aspergillosis, a frequently fatal infection caused by a common mold found in marijuana and tobacco."</end quote></div>

This is weird. The anti-rejection drugs INCREASE the risk of aspergillosis. If the risk is already there, what's the harm, particularly in the case of marijauna being prescribed medically.
As others had pointed out on other threads,
<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.cysticfibrosis.com/messageview.cfm?catid=4&threadid=26388&enterthread=y
">http://forums.cysticfibrosis.c...d=26388&enterthread=y
</a>
<i><b>Originally posted by: dsrtsno </b>
we take all these rxd drugs that cause other huge side effects... and sure, our lungs are usually our main issues, but when our livers and kidneys start to go from the tobra and other meds, are we going to start telling people to not do them?? drugs are drugs... all of them. theres no difference to me.. they all help one thing and hurt another... its all a matter of what your willing to do to yourself.</i>

~a former user

CaliSally

Pot should be the least of the Feds concerns. Some believe a marijauna high is the same as a crack high. NEVER. Pot is a "mood mellower" not one that "amps" People don't commit horrible crimes on pot, like they do on other substances.

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>my65roses4me</b></i>
"The drugs patients take to help their bodies accept a new organ increase the risk of aspergillosis, a frequently fatal infection caused by a common mold found in marijuana and tobacco."</end quote></div>

This is weird. The anti-rejection drugs INCREASE the risk of aspergillosis. If the risk is already there, what's the harm, particularly in the case of marijauna being prescribed medically.
<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.cysticfibrosis.com/messageview.cfm?catid=4&threadid=26388&enterthread=y
</a>
we take all these rxd drugs that cause other huge side effects... and sure, our lungs are usually our main issues, but when our livers and kidneys start to go from the tobra and other meds, are we going to start telling people to not do them?? drugs are drugs... all of them. theres no difference to me.. they all help one thing and hurt another... its all a matter of what your willing to do to yourself.</i>

~a former user

CaliSally

</a>

~a former user

CaliSally

"The drugs patients take to help their bodies accept a new organ increase the risk of aspergillosis, a frequently fatal infection caused by a common mold found in marijuana and tobacco."</end quote>

</a>

~a former user

CaliSally

<br />
<br />But back to the original topic,
<br /><div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>my65roses4me</b></i>
<br />"The drugs patients take to help their bodies accept a new organ increase the risk of aspergillosis, a frequently fatal infection caused by a common mold found in marijuana and tobacco."</end quote>
<br />
<br />This is weird. The anti-rejection drugs INCREASE the risk of aspergillosis. If the risk is already there, what's the harm, particularly in the case of marijauna being prescribed medically.
<br />As others had pointed out on other threads,
<br /><a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.cysticfibrosis.com/messageview.cfm?catid=4&threadid=26388&enterthread=y
</a><br />
<br /><i><b>Originally posted by: dsrtsno </b>
<br />we take all these rxd drugs that cause other huge side effects... and sure, our lungs are usually our main issues, but when our livers and kidneys start to go from the tobra and other meds, are we going to start telling people to not do them?? drugs are drugs... all of them. theres no difference to me.. they all help one thing and hurt another... its all a matter of what your willing to do to yourself.</i>
<br />
<br />
<br />~a former user