For all of you marijuana users

CaliSally

<i><b>What is Aspergillus?</b></i>
Aspergillus is a fungus (or mold) that is very common in the environment. It is found in soil, on plants and in decaying plant matter. It is also found in household dust, building materials, and even in spices and some food items. There are lots of different types of Aspergillus, but the most common ones are Aspergillus fumigatus and Aspergillus flavus. Some others are Aspergillus terreus, Aspergillus nidulans, and Aspergillus niger.

<i><b>Who gets aspergillosis? </b></i>
ABPA can affect people who are otherwise healthy, but it is most common in people with asthma or cystic fibrosis. Invasive aspergillosis generally affects people who have compromised immune systems, such as people who have had a bone marrow transplant or solid organ transplant, people who are taking high doses of corticosteroids, and people getting chemotherapy for cancers such as leukemia. Rarely, persons with advanced HIV infection can acquire the infection.

<i><b>How is Aspergillus spread?</b></i>
Since Aspergillus is so common in the environment, most people breathe in Aspergillus spores every day. It is probably impossible to completely avoid breathing in some Aspergillus spores. For people with healthy immune systems, this does not cause harm, and the immune system is able to get rid of the spores. But for people with compromised immune systems, breathing in Aspergillus spores, especially breathing in a lot of spores (such as in a very dusty environment) can lead to infection. Studies have shown that invasive aspergillosis can occur during building renovation or construction. Outbreaks of Aspergillus skin infections have been traced to contaminated biomedical devices.

<i><b>How can Aspergillus infections be prevented?</b></i>
It is almost impossible to avoid all exposure to this fungus. It is present in the environment. However, for persons who are very immunocompromised, some measures that may be helpful include: avoidance of dusty environments and activities where dust exposure is likely (such as construction zones), wearing N95 masks when traveling near dusty environments, and avoidance of activities such as gardening and lawn work. Other air quality improvement measures such as HEPA filtration may be used in healthcare settings, and prophylactic antifungal medication may in some circumstances be prescribed by your doctor.

Source: <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.cdc.gov/nczved/dfbmd/disease_listing/aspergillosis_gi.html">http://www.cdc.gov/nczved/dfbm.../aspergillosis_gi.html</a>

CaliSally

Aspergillus is a fungus (or mold) that is very common in the environment. It is found in soil, on plants and in decaying plant matter. It is also found in household dust, building materials, and even in spices and some food items. There are lots of different types of Aspergillus, but the most common ones are Aspergillus fumigatus and Aspergillus flavus. Some others are Aspergillus terreus, Aspergillus nidulans, and Aspergillus niger.

ABPA can affect people who are otherwise healthy, but it is most common in people with asthma or cystic fibrosis. Invasive aspergillosis generally affects people who have compromised immune systems, such as people who have had a bone marrow transplant or solid organ transplant, people who are taking high doses of corticosteroids, and people getting chemotherapy for cancers such as leukemia. Rarely, persons with advanced HIV infection can acquire the infection.

Since Aspergillus is so common in the environment, most people breathe in Aspergillus spores every day. It is probably impossible to completely avoid breathing in some Aspergillus spores. For people with healthy immune systems, this does not cause harm, and the immune system is able to get rid of the spores. But for people with compromised immune systems, breathing in Aspergillus spores, especially breathing in a lot of spores (such as in a very dusty environment) can lead to infection. Studies have shown that invasive aspergillosis can occur during building renovation or construction. Outbreaks of Aspergillus skin infections have been traced to contaminated biomedical devices.

It is almost impossible to avoid all exposure to this fungus. It is present in the environment. However, for persons who are very immunocompromised, some measures that may be helpful include: avoidance of dusty environments and activities where dust exposure is likely (such as construction zones), wearing N95 masks when traveling near dusty environments, and avoidance of activities such as gardening and lawn work. Other air quality improvement measures such as HEPA filtration may be used in healthcare settings, and prophylactic antifungal medication may in some circumstances be prescribed by your doctor.

Source: <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.cdc.gov/nczved/dfbmd/disease_listing/aspergillosis_gi.html">http://www.cdc.gov/nczved/dfbm.../aspergillosis_gi.html</a>

CaliSally

CaliSally

CaliSally

<br />Aspergillus is a fungus (or mold) that is very common in the environment. It is found in soil, on plants and in decaying plant matter. It is also found in household dust, building materials, and even in spices and some food items. There are lots of different types of Aspergillus, but the most common ones are Aspergillus fumigatus and Aspergillus flavus. Some others are Aspergillus terreus, Aspergillus nidulans, and Aspergillus niger.
<br />
<br /><i><b>Who gets aspergillosis? </b></i>
<br />ABPA can affect people who are otherwise healthy, but it is most common in people with asthma or cystic fibrosis. Invasive aspergillosis generally affects people who have compromised immune systems, such as people who have had a bone marrow transplant or solid organ transplant, people who are taking high doses of corticosteroids, and people getting chemotherapy for cancers such as leukemia. Rarely, persons with advanced HIV infection can acquire the infection.
<br />
<br /><i><b>How is Aspergillus spread?</b></i>
<br />Since Aspergillus is so common in the environment, most people breathe in Aspergillus spores every day. It is probably impossible to completely avoid breathing in some Aspergillus spores. For people with healthy immune systems, this does not cause harm, and the immune system is able to get rid of the spores. But for people with compromised immune systems, breathing in Aspergillus spores, especially breathing in a lot of spores (such as in a very dusty environment) can lead to infection. Studies have shown that invasive aspergillosis can occur during building renovation or construction. Outbreaks of Aspergillus skin infections have been traced to contaminated biomedical devices.
<br />
<br /><i><b>How can Aspergillus infections be prevented?</b></i>
<br />It is almost impossible to avoid all exposure to this fungus. It is present in the environment. However, for persons who are very immunocompromised, some measures that may be helpful include: avoidance of dusty environments and activities where dust exposure is likely (such as construction zones), wearing N95 masks when traveling near dusty environments, and avoidance of activities such as gardening and lawn work. Other air quality improvement measures such as HEPA filtration may be used in healthcare settings, and prophylactic antifungal medication may in some circumstances be prescribed by your doctor.
<br />
<br />Source: <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.cdc.gov/nczved/dfbmd/disease_listing/aspergillosis_gi.html">http://www.cdc.gov/nczved/dfbm.../aspergillosis_gi.html</a>

my65roses4me

I deleted my post since you guys are still off on a tangent. Thanks for ruining my point!!!!!!!!!!!! Now you can continue your drug use rant!

my65roses4me

I deleted my post since you guys are still off on a tangent. Thanks for ruining my point!!!!!!!!!!!! Now you can continue your drug use rant!

my65roses4me

my65roses4me

my65roses4me