For thos that still do manual chest pt

JazzysMom

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>zoe4life</b></i>

Just curious...did you say you 'shake' her??</end quote></div>

Yes she did & I am sure she means vibrate.....at least I hope so!!!

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

Just curious...did you say you 'shake' her??</end quote>

JazzysMom

<br />
<br />Just curious...did you say you 'shake' her??</end quote>
<br />
<br />
<br />Yes she did & I am sure she means vibrate.....at least I hope so!!!
<br />

humphrey711

LOL....sorry I should have clarified that. I do not shake her but vibrate the area I have just thumped. Every time I talk about "thumping" her to a friend in public I get these looks. I often forget that my world is not the norm.

After I posted I did call a chest therapist that has come to the house a few times to teach us how to do pt. I am hoping she will come out soon and show us some new positions. I guess there are limits on position prior to the age of 2. Now that my daugther is 2 I am hoping we can do more positions that will be more comfortable for her.

Thanks for the replies.

humphrey711

LOL....sorry I should have clarified that. I do not shake her but vibrate the area I have just thumped. Every time I talk about "thumping" her to a friend in public I get these looks. I often forget that my world is not the norm.

After I posted I did call a chest therapist that has come to the house a few times to teach us how to do pt. I am hoping she will come out soon and show us some new positions. I guess there are limits on position prior to the age of 2. Now that my daugther is 2 I am hoping we can do more positions that will be more comfortable for her.

Thanks for the replies.

humphrey711

Thanks for the replies.

humphrey711

Thanks for the replies.

humphrey711

<br />
<br />After I posted I did call a chest therapist that has come to the house a few times to teach us how to do pt. I am hoping she will come out soon and show us some new positions. I guess there are limits on position prior to the age of 2. Now that my daugther is 2 I am hoping we can do more positions that will be more comfortable for her.
<br />
<br />Thanks for the replies.

camperscove

Here's my favorite CPT tip for little guys. Must give the credit to my husband: When you're at clinic, dress your child in a onesie and have the RT mark a circle or X (with permanent marker) where the correct clapping spot is. We were always questioning ourselves when we were first learning and it helped build our confidence. Our son was diagnosed shortly after his 2nd B-Day, and being a TV-less house, i will always be great full for books on tape/CD. When he's listening to a story he didn't have to crank his neck to see a screen or a picture. Love them and still use them nearly every day!

camperscove

Here's my favorite CPT tip for little guys. Must give the credit to my husband: When you're at clinic, dress your child in a onesie and have the RT mark a circle or X (with permanent marker) where the correct clapping spot is. We were always questioning ourselves when we were first learning and it helped build our confidence. Our son was diagnosed shortly after his 2nd B-Day, and being a TV-less house, i will always be great full for books on tape/CD. When he's listening to a story he didn't have to crank his neck to see a screen or a picture. Love them and still use them nearly every day!

camperscove

camperscove

camperscove