Frame of mind and CF condition

Skye

I 100% agree that your state of mind has a huge affect on your health. I managed to convince myself that I was on the road to needing IV's cuz my numbers have been down for about 2 months. Not anything that needed intervention right away...just trending the wrong way. My doc and I planned to do a tune-up starting this week. I kind of started feeling depressed and down because....well my numbers are going down. I was just sure I was getting sicker and I would wake up depressed because of it. Well, when I went in last week.... my numbers were fine for me and back to my baseline. I had started talking myself into a negative frame of mind. I might add that the Levaquin I was on did not help. There are so many factors that go into keeping a good frame of mind.

I too made a choice to pursue a career that was dangerous for me to pursue. I have made a choice now to lay it down. I could not have made that choice in my twenties. It would have been impossible mentally for me to cross that line....no question! I am at peace with it now though and have found my fulfillment many other ways. What you choose to do with your days is just one factor that plays into your frame of mind.

Skye

I 100% agree that your state of mind has a huge affect on your health. I managed to convince myself that I was on the road to needing IV's cuz my numbers have been down for about 2 months. Not anything that needed intervention right away...just trending the wrong way. My doc and I planned to do a tune-up starting this week. I kind of started feeling depressed and down because....well my numbers are going down. I was just sure I was getting sicker and I would wake up depressed because of it. Well, when I went in last week.... my numbers were fine for me and back to my baseline. I had started talking myself into a negative frame of mind. I might add that the Levaquin I was on did not help. There are so many factors that go into keeping a good frame of mind.

I too made a choice to pursue a career that was dangerous for me to pursue. I have made a choice now to lay it down. I could not have made that choice in my twenties. It would have been impossible mentally for me to cross that line....no question! I am at peace with it now though and have found my fulfillment many other ways. What you choose to do with your days is just one factor that plays into your frame of mind.

Skye

Skye

Skye

<br />
<br />I too made a choice to pursue a career that was dangerous for me to pursue. I have made a choice now to lay it down. I could not have made that choice in my twenties. It would have been impossible mentally for me to cross that line....no question! I am at peace with it now though and have found my fulfillment many other ways. What you choose to do with your days is just one factor that plays into your frame of mind.

Juliet

Since I was recently DX with CF my feelings have changed a lot. Now when I'm doing well, healthy I'm worried how long it will last until the next flare-up. That's a depressing thought. Before my CF DX I expected to be healthy. Now I think that it's only a matter of time.

I've been avoiding thinking about the whole career thing. Right now my regimen isn't nearly the number of hours some others seem to spend on it, and my lung function is good enough I suppose that I can keep going for a while. But there's this niggling thought always there now wondering if I'll be on disability before I'm eligible for retirement. I really don't want to give up my career.

Generally when I'm happy I'm feeling well. But that could be because when I'm feeling well I'm happy. I don't know.

Juliet

Since I was recently DX with CF my feelings have changed a lot. Now when I'm doing well, healthy I'm worried how long it will last until the next flare-up. That's a depressing thought. Before my CF DX I expected to be healthy. Now I think that it's only a matter of time.

I've been avoiding thinking about the whole career thing. Right now my regimen isn't nearly the number of hours some others seem to spend on it, and my lung function is good enough I suppose that I can keep going for a while. But there's this niggling thought always there now wondering if I'll be on disability before I'm eligible for retirement. I really don't want to give up my career.

Generally when I'm happy I'm feeling well. But that could be because when I'm feeling well I'm happy. I don't know.

Juliet

Juliet

Juliet

<br />
<br />I've been avoiding thinking about the whole career thing. Right now my regimen isn't nearly the number of hours some others seem to spend on it, and my lung function is good enough I suppose that I can keep going for a while. But there's this niggling thought always there now wondering if I'll be on disability before I'm eligible for retirement. I really don't want to give up my career.
<br />
<br />Generally when I'm happy I'm feeling well. But that could be because when I'm feeling well I'm happy. I don't know.

shamrock

"To be totally without stress, is to be dead" (Hans Seyle). We all need a certain amount of stress, but its the dieases of stress (such as your rash that you mentioned) that we can do without. The key is to combat your dealings with stress as opposed to nessicarily eliminating the stressors themselves...

shamrock

"To be totally without stress, is to be dead" (Hans Seyle). We all need a certain amount of stress, but its the dieases of stress (such as your rash that you mentioned) that we can do without. The key is to combat your dealings with stress as opposed to nessicarily eliminating the stressors themselves...

shamrock

shamrock

shamrock

C

cfsucks

i think when i didn't know so much about cf and its effects i felt healthier, but that i understand it more i seem to feel more sick

C

cfsucks

i think when i didn't know so much about cf and its effects i felt healthier, but that i understand it more i seem to feel more sick

C

cfsucks

C

cfsucks

C

cfsucks