Frame of mind and CF condition

W

welshwitch

It is a conscious choice to "engage" with your CF. With this comes research, education, and constant checking in with your body.

I have become much more aware of my body since I decided to engage with CF. I pay attention to each breath, examine each time I cough stuff up (gross, I know!) and monitor my fatigue levels and stress levels constantly. I keep files of every visit, monitor PFTs and constantly make sure I have enough to eat.

I definitely "feel" my disease more now that I have decided to engage with it. Before I was very good at ignoring symptoms. I am aware of when I am feeling bad, but ironically now that I am engaging with it I feel the disease but my health has improved ever since I began paying attention. It makes sense, though--when you are educating yourself about something, it makes you more aware.

With respect to career goals, I think that nothing should stop you if you have CF. I like to think of it as an extra challenge that I carry around with me--kind of like having a kid, if you will: something that needs to be taken care of and constantly monitored, but also doable if you are giving it enough attention.

I think that accepting CF at first made me feel horrible, but actually I feel better in the long run w. respect to "frame of mind." I don't really think it's worth my time to feel depressed or sad about it. Life is too short.

W

welshwitch

It is a conscious choice to "engage" with your CF. With this comes research, education, and constant checking in with your body.

I have become much more aware of my body since I decided to engage with CF. I pay attention to each breath, examine each time I cough stuff up (gross, I know!) and monitor my fatigue levels and stress levels constantly. I keep files of every visit, monitor PFTs and constantly make sure I have enough to eat.

I definitely "feel" my disease more now that I have decided to engage with it. Before I was very good at ignoring symptoms. I am aware of when I am feeling bad, but ironically now that I am engaging with it I feel the disease but my health has improved ever since I began paying attention. It makes sense, though--when you are educating yourself about something, it makes you more aware.

With respect to career goals, I think that nothing should stop you if you have CF. I like to think of it as an extra challenge that I carry around with me--kind of like having a kid, if you will: something that needs to be taken care of and constantly monitored, but also doable if you are giving it enough attention.

I think that accepting CF at first made me feel horrible, but actually I feel better in the long run w. respect to "frame of mind." I don't really think it's worth my time to feel depressed or sad about it. Life is too short.

W

welshwitch

W

welshwitch

W

welshwitch

<br />
<br />I have become much more aware of my body since I decided to engage with CF. I pay attention to each breath, examine each time I cough stuff up (gross, I know!) and monitor my fatigue levels and stress levels constantly. I keep files of every visit, monitor PFTs and constantly make sure I have enough to eat.
<br />
<br />I definitely "feel" my disease more now that I have decided to engage with it. Before I was very good at ignoring symptoms. I am aware of when I am feeling bad, but ironically now that I am engaging with it I feel the disease but my health has improved ever since I began paying attention. It makes sense, though--when you are educating yourself about something, it makes you more aware.
<br />
<br />With respect to career goals, I think that nothing should stop you if you have CF. I like to think of it as an extra challenge that I carry around with me--kind of like having a kid, if you will: something that needs to be taken care of and constantly monitored, but also doable if you are giving it enough attention.
<br />
<br />I think that accepting CF at first made me feel horrible, but actually I feel better in the long run w. respect to "frame of mind." I don't really think it's worth my time to feel depressed or sad about it. Life is too short.
<br />
<br />