G Tube and a 2 yr old???

mysticrose

Mine are older and have feeding tubes. My oldest was 6 or 7 when she got hers. They also checked her for reflux before the surgery and ended up doing a fundelplycation(sp) at the same time as the feeding tube and her port. Aside from our current issues of her lack of weight gain, she has done AWSOME! No major issues and to be honest you'd never know she had it. Dh likes to rough house with the kids and all 4 of them get into it. We have friends who were hesitant at first and afraid they'd hurt her or pull it out ext.. After the girls showing them they could wrestle, they became easier with it.
Although my second DD ended up getting a PEG tube before the button. Everything went fine, untill a few weeks later when the girls were playing and my oldest DD and her were wrestling. Some how in the midst of falling in seperate directions DD1 grabbed DD2's tube (because she had the long tube hanging out) and POP. She started with a 20 french and now has a 12, lol. Once the ER managed to get the Gastro doc in to put the tube back in her hole was closing. He'd NEVER seen that happen before. Wasn't funny at the time but we all laugh about it now.

mysticrose

Mine are older and have feeding tubes. My oldest was 6 or 7 when she got hers. They also checked her for reflux before the surgery and ended up doing a fundelplycation(sp) at the same time as the feeding tube and her port. Aside from our current issues of her lack of weight gain, she has done AWSOME! No major issues and to be honest you'd never know she had it. Dh likes to rough house with the kids and all 4 of them get into it. We have friends who were hesitant at first and afraid they'd hurt her or pull it out ext.. After the girls showing them they could wrestle, they became easier with it.
Although my second DD ended up getting a PEG tube before the button. Everything went fine, untill a few weeks later when the girls were playing and my oldest DD and her were wrestling. Some how in the midst of falling in seperate directions DD1 grabbed DD2's tube (because she had the long tube hanging out) and POP. She started with a 20 french and now has a 12, lol. Once the ER managed to get the Gastro doc in to put the tube back in her hole was closing. He'd NEVER seen that happen before. Wasn't funny at the time but we all laugh about it now.

mysticrose

mysticrose

mysticrose

<br />Although my second DD ended up getting a PEG tube before the button. Everything went fine, untill a few weeks later when the girls were playing and my oldest DD and her were wrestling. Some how in the midst of falling in seperate directions DD1 grabbed DD2's tube (because she had the long tube hanging out) and POP. She started with a 20 french and now has a 12, lol. Once the ER managed to get the Gastro doc in to put the tube back in her hole was closing. He'd NEVER seen that happen before. Wasn't funny at the time but we all laugh about it now.

cfgirl1992

Correction! I was five years old when I got mine, 8 was a typo I did not catch, so I wasn't much older when I got mine, than your child. I used it for no more than a year, but didnt get it out until I was eight, I was thinking faster than I was typing! sorry about that

cfgirl1992

Correction! I was five years old when I got mine, 8 was a typo I did not catch, so I wasn't much older when I got mine, than your child. I used it for no more than a year, but didnt get it out until I was eight, I was thinking faster than I was typing! sorry about that

cfgirl1992

cfgirl1992

cfgirl1992