G-tube help/advice/support

annieop86

my name is annie and I am 21 years old living with cystic fibrosis, cf related diabetes and cf related arthritus and I really really really need some advice/support/help. I went to the doctor last week and they told me that if I don't get a g-tube placed chances are I wouldn't live very much longer. I had a tube when I was younger, from birth until I was 13 when I had it removed and I remember how much I hated it. Thinking about having that back in and everything I went through with it completely devistates me, so much so that right now I feel like I would rather die then get it back in. My nutritionist says they are much different from the big button I used to have and that I will feel ten times better then I do right now. I weigh roughly 100lbs and can't stand eating and all of the counting calories pressure I have on me. If anyone, especially adults could give me some information about having a tube I would really appreciate it. I haven't stopped crying since I found out and I have to say I am emotionally exhausted. When I think about having the tube back in it makes me feel like my life is over anyways. PLEASE HELP!!!

annieop86

my name is annie and I am 21 years old living with cystic fibrosis, cf related diabetes and cf related arthritus and I really really really need some advice/support/help. I went to the doctor last week and they told me that if I don't get a g-tube placed chances are I wouldn't live very much longer. I had a tube when I was younger, from birth until I was 13 when I had it removed and I remember how much I hated it. Thinking about having that back in and everything I went through with it completely devistates me, so much so that right now I feel like I would rather die then get it back in. My nutritionist says they are much different from the big button I used to have and that I will feel ten times better then I do right now. I weigh roughly 100lbs and can't stand eating and all of the counting calories pressure I have on me. If anyone, especially adults could give me some information about having a tube I would really appreciate it. I haven't stopped crying since I found out and I have to say I am emotionally exhausted. When I think about having the tube back in it makes me feel like my life is over anyways. PLEASE HELP!!!

annieop86

annieop86

annieop86

geckolady

IT IS SO WORTH IT! i'm 19 and i had a g-tube since 4th grade. the ones they are using now are like the size of a valve in a beach ball! i just got mine taken out last march and i know how happy i was to get rid of it, but it is so worth it! I had a mic-key button and it was maybe and inch by and inch and a half. i think they still use a 6inch tube for a few months right after it is placed though. i know how much it sucks but having a g tube, but takes so much presure off of you! it really might be worth it huh! hang in there, i'm thinking about you!

geckolady

IT IS SO WORTH IT! i'm 19 and i had a g-tube since 4th grade. the ones they are using now are like the size of a valve in a beach ball! i just got mine taken out last march and i know how happy i was to get rid of it, but it is so worth it! I had a mic-key button and it was maybe and inch by and inch and a half. i think they still use a 6inch tube for a few months right after it is placed though. i know how much it sucks but having a g tube, but takes so much presure off of you! it really might be worth it huh! hang in there, i'm thinking about you!

geckolady

geckolady

geckolady

Jane

Digital opinion leader
I'm going to say exactly what Caryn said. the extra nutrition and weight has helped my boys overcome many health issues. It is a small inconvenience with a huge benefit!!!

Jane

Digital opinion leader
I'm going to say exactly what Caryn said. the extra nutrition and weight has helped my boys overcome many health issues. It is a small inconvenience with a huge benefit!!!

Jane

Digital opinion leader

Jane

Digital opinion leader

Jane

Digital opinion leader

babyluke

I am probably not much help. Our 10 month old had a g-tube placed 2 months ago. It was a really hard decision for us, but it has helped him so much. As I said, I'm not much help b/c he is just a baby, but he recovered quickly; had a long tube for 6 weeks and now has his mickey button. Even on his small little body, it looks small. No one even knows it is there when they hold him. He does overnight feeds and still eats by mouth through the day. I'll be praying for you.

babyluke

I am probably not much help. Our 10 month old had a g-tube placed 2 months ago. It was a really hard decision for us, but it has helped him so much. As I said, I'm not much help b/c he is just a baby, but he recovered quickly; had a long tube for 6 weeks and now has his mickey button. Even on his small little body, it looks small. No one even knows it is there when they hold him. He does overnight feeds and still eats by mouth through the day. I'll be praying for you.

babyluke

babyluke

babyluke